MACA - Mississippi Alliance of Childbirth Assistants Newsletter
Edition #5 - July 2003
Labor & Delivery Interventions - This Month's Topic - Cesarean Section
Breastfeeding - Putting Gadgets in their Place!
Massage Oil for Backache
Homeopathic & Herbal Remedies - Therapies for Heartburn in the Second Trimester
Doula Chef - Spinach and Avocado Salad with Chili-Flavored Chicken
Events and Links you must know!
E-mail your suggestions, comments or submissions!
I hope everyone finds the information here helpful!
Mississippi Alliance of Childbirth Assistants (MACA)
- To maintain our primary responsibility is to our clients
- To act as an open forum for peer review, consultation and ethical accountability
- To use our knowledge of spiritual mothering to build nurturing relationships
- To equip and encourage our clients, peers and our communities with knowledge of birth as a safe normal process
- To instill in our clients trust in their primal birth instincts
- To act as a resource network to women during their childbearing years.
Although we do not believe it is the role of the group to dictate a code of ethics, these are the following ethical guidelines we have agreed upon:
- When discussing client cases, we will not use first and last names without written permission from the client.
- We will share information regarding interaction with healthcare professionals and places with each other as a means of better serving our clients.
- All persons should be treated respectfully and equally within the association.
- All cases discussed between group members present at or away from group meetings will be held in utmost confidentiality.
Poem of the Month
A Soul is Born
A soul is born
In a beautiful flash
Life lessons are cast
Male and Female
Combined into one
A heart begins beating
Love's work has been done
Unleashed in this space
Cradled by Love
In a warm embrace
Free will is given
We have choices to make
Within the physical world
And to spiritually wake
In the hands of God
We started as love
An expression of self
Divine gifts from above
It's all there inside you
Be still and you'll see
We are love from within
I am you, you are me
So, love one another
That's the highest to give
Honor, release judgment
That's our reason to live
Date: July 29, 2003
Time: 10:30 A.M.
Place: Candi Hilton's House