Most of the DEBOARD family information was given to me by Mr. Hurshel DeBoard. Mr. DeBoard is doing a one name study of the DeBorde/DeBoard name.
"The DeBoard family surname is found primarily in France. The surname is of local origin, deriving from the place where the ancestors of this lineage lived. As early as 1729, there is reference to the DeBoard name. The color Azure (blue) in the coat of arms symbolizes Loyalty and Truth."
DEBORDE, James---born about 1640 in Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland, England. Married Anne (last name unknown) in England. Death unknown.
DEBOARD, Reuben---Born on September 20, 1783 in Franklin County, North Carolina. He married either a Mary or a Sarah. He died on July 21, 1857 in Pulaski County, Kentucky.
CHILDREN OF THIS UNION:
1. DEBOARD, Dawson--Born in 1808.
2. DEBOARD, Oliver--Born October 25, 1809.
3. DEBOARD, Stephen William--Born on May 16, 1813.
4. DEBOARD, David--Born in 1814.
5. DEBOARD, Abner Copeland--Born in 1818.
6. DEBOARD, Sally--Born in 1820. Married a Mr. WHITE.
7. DEBOARD, Mary Polly--Born in 1821. Married Abner E. MCKAY.
8. DEBOARD, Rebecca--Born on July 1, 1822.
DEBOARD, Dawson---Born in 1808 in North Carolina. Married Mahala WOODS (1818, Indiana). He died sometime after 1880 in Ozark County, Missouri.
CHILDREN OF THIS UNION:
1. DEBOARD, Aunith A.--(nothing more known).
2. DEBOARD, Nicy--Born in 1840.
3. DEBOARD, Nancy Ann--Born in 1843 in Indiana. Married Benjamin Chandler EVANS and had seven children. Died on December 15, 1911 in Ozark County, Missouri.
4. DEBOARD, Mary Elizabeth--Born on June 2, 1849 in Mahaska County, Iowa. Married Zachary Taylor MASON on February 18, 1872 in Ozark County, Missouri and had four known children. Died on March 21, 1928 in Lawndale.
5. DEBOARD, Senath Linea--Born about 1851. Married N. C. HALL on August 8, 1871 and had two known children. Death is unknown.
6. DEBOARD, Reuben R.--Born on February 17, 1855. He married Martha A. ASHWORTH on February 16, 1881 and had six children. Died on March 18, 1917 and is buried in Clear Springs Cemetary.
7. DEBOARD, Samuel S.--Born in July, 1865
DEBOARD, Samuel S.---Born in July, 1865 in Missouri. Married Susannah L. A. CLINES (1871-about 1894) on October 14, 1889 in Somerset, Ozark County, Missouri. He then married Susannah's sister, Martha J. CLINES (December 1877-1907) on December 29, 1894 in Gainesville, Ozark County, Missouri. It is not known if Samuel and Susannah DEBOARD had children. Samuel and Martha DEBOARD had four children before his death in 1904 in Missouri.
Martha CLINES/DEBOARD along with children: John Franklin, Christopher C., Sarah Elizabeth, and Mary Ellen DEBOARD. Taken about 1905.