Site hosted by Build your free website today!

Edward DeWitt Owen, Jr
June 11, 1979 - October 12, 2004

Memories To Last A Lifetime...Eddie & Beth

Places to go...Things to see

Destiny Of The Heart!
People's Forum...message boards

These homepages will be devoted entirely to the wonderful memory of my husband...Edward DeWitt Owen, Jr. He was born June 11, 1979,
the oldest child of Cindy Vischansky. He had two siblings, Joseph Owen and Stephanie Campbell.

Eddie led an interesting life...filled with many interesting things. We met on Christmas night 1997 and I knew he was the man I wanted to marry from that moment. My daughter, Juliette, also fell in love with him and he was her "Daddy" from the time she was 19 months old. We had many ups and downs throughout the almost seven years we knew each other. We were engaged 1998 & 1999...but neither time did we actually marry.

Then Eddie moved to Florida in August of was very difficult for me to see him go but I knew he had to do what he needed to be happy. In September of 2001 I found out I was pregnant and {once he had taken care of the stupid mistake of having a DUI}, Eddie came home in March of 2002. He stood by my side as I gave birth to our son, Justin Henry Owen on April 5, 2002.

Eddie again went to Florida in February of 2003 to "find" himself. He came back the end of June to help me get thru the death of my grandmother. He had been on a cruise with friends and, after calling to see how me and the kids were, he came here from NYC instead of going back to Florida right away. He left again a few day later bt his journey to find himslef brought him back to us on October 4, 2003. We were wed on October 10, 2003 with only our children and mothers present. It was the perfect ceremony for us...quiet and totally unstressful. ~LOL~

Our marriage was not perfect...but then again who's is? But we were happy and we thought we had a lifetime to iron out the details. Unfortunately Eddie became ill in July 2004 and our dreams were shattered. Originally, after a week in the local ICU {most of the time on a ventilator}, Eddie was diagnosed as having a brain infection. A month later he became seriously ill again and they did a brain biopsy. It was cancer...and he had several tumors on his brain. Over the next couple of months we fought the illness with radiation.

Within a couple weeks of finishing the radiation, Eddie began getting very ill again. He lost his ability to walk and even the simplest tasks became huge for him. On October 4, yesr to the day after he had come home to us...Eddie was admitted to the hospital for the third time. He was having difficulty swallowing and could no longer sit up on his own. Testing showed that the cancer had spread to his spine and there were small tumors along the nerves of his spine...too many to count. We scheduled chemotherapy and celebrated out first anniversary in the hospital. On the night of the 11th, he began having difficulty with his blood pressure and oxygen levels.

Eddie passed away around 1:30 pm on October 12, 2004 surrounding by his family and many friends. It is a moment that will live on in my heart and mind forever...the moment I lost my best friend forever. I don't remember much of the next few days...except that I didn't want to go to the memorial service and I did NOT want to say "goodbye" to my husband.

Here I am six months later...still unable to truly say "goodbye." I miss him as much now as I did then, tho I am trying to move on for the sake of myself and our children. Heaven knows we will be together again someday...but for now I have to keep on living.

I MISS YOU EDDIE...and I LOVE YOU!!!!! Always & Forever...until we meet again in heaven!