Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Recipe By : Quick and Healthy Cooking
3 Points per serving
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour -- unbleached
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup egg substitute -- fat free
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1. Coat two 4x8 inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer set at medium speed to beat the sugar, egg substitute, oil, water and vanilla until well blended. Stir in zucchini.
3. Add dry ingredients and stir until they are moistened.Divide the batter between the pans.
4. Bake until a toothpick near the center of each loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Bake at 350º F.
5. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the loaves from pans and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
Makes two loaves of 12 slices each. Freezes well.
Serving Size (1 slice)
According to the cookbook: Per Serving: 147 Calories, 3.2g Fat, 0.5g Fiber Weight Watcher Points: 3
NOTES : Submitted by Lanie on 1/24/99