Protect Your Site!
Once I was alone. I had no faith, no religion to speak of, and nothing to compel me into believing that there was anything greater then myself. I was an empty shell.
There came a time, however, when I realized that I needed something more in my life and, as that realization grew, it began to act as a catalyst, which set me on a spiritual adventure that required me to review my life and start asking questions.
In asking those questions, I embarked upon a journey of exploration that made it hard for me to continue thinking in the old, archaic manner I had been accustomed to. When I became ill, and could no longer work or do many of the things that people usually take for granted, I finally had the time to explore the many different beliefs that mankind has followed throughout the years. In doing so, I found myself being drawn over and over again to the Goddess.
The Goddess is known by many different names. She is known, to name a few, as Isis, Cybele, Bastet and Diana. She is really only One though, encompassing all these different aspects, and she has been called, quite descriptively, "She who has 10,000 Names."
By reading, researching, speaking with those more knowledgeable than myself, and letting go of the ropes that bound me tightly into the conformity of the closed minded majority, I discovered a peace and serenity that combines my love of nature with a reverence for all living things, the sisterhood of women everywhere and the lessons that history has taught us throughout the ages. This is the beauty of the Goddess.
The Goddess affects my life in many ways:
- She makes me aware that I am the most unimportant thing in the universe, while at the same time I am the universe;
- She shows me respect, and in turn allows me to show respect to all living things and the magnitude of the wonders of nature;
- She allows me to have the right of free will, and with it the obligation to accept full resposibility for my actions;
- She keeps me safe from the world, other people and myself, knowing that by exercising faith, honesty and justice, I can live a life based upon the belief that I will never intentionally harm anyone or anything; and
- Most of all, she allows me to be the best person I can be, mistakes, flaws and all, and she accepts me exactly as I am while gently pushing me towards my better self, unconditionally and with love.
I AM THE GODDESS
YOU ARE THE GODDESS
LET US SHARE OUR LIVES IN HARMONY
FOR WE ARE ALL ONE
Once I was a poet. Writing was as much a part of me as breathing. But somewhere and somehow the words had disappeared, hiding from me and leaving me in a void of loneliness and despair.
I am no longer that voiceless person. Words flow from my heart like water pouring downward from a thundering waterfall. How did this happen? When did I reclaim that which I believed was lost to me forever? I truly believe that it began when I discovered the Goddess. Through that relationship, I have found the ability to love myself again. Once you are able to love yourself, you can then begin to share that love with other people and things. Without loving yourself you are nothing. You are stagnant in a world of empty words and thoughts, free from all beauty and light. That is a very sad and lonely place to be.
I write now. Sometimes I can't stop the words from bursting free. I exhault in the glory of my new found freedom. I AM A POET - and I call myself that with overwhelming joy, for I know that I am not alone. THE GODDESS IS MY MUSE.