Cabrillo is a wooden octagonal lighthouse tower which
was built in 1909 and is 47 feet tall. It has a black
cast iron lantern with a third-order Fresnel lens. The
focal plane of the light is 84 feet above sea level.
In 1973, the lighthouse was automated and the lens was
replace by an aerobeacon. Restoration began in 1996 and
the third-order lens is now back in use. Located on a
beautiful 300 acre preserve that offers many great views
of the coast and local wildlife, the lighthouse is open
weekends only from March through October. Guided walks
are available on Sundays from May through September.