Helping Cats and Cat Adoption Services
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our group!
Our organization is truly unique in San Diego. No other group in town has the unique policies and standards that we live by. We are an all-volunteer, non-profit cat rescue organization. We have no facility, but rely on foster homes to house our cats until they are adopted.
95% of our kittens come directly off the street.
Please volunteer to help our cause. Our non-profit 501(C)(3) is an entirely volunteer staff, with over a dozen core volunteers.
If you have no time or interest in helping, perhaps you know someone who is ultra-reliable who can help us in any of the following roles:
a) Adoption Counselor:
1. Someone who can help answer inquiries on e-mail, match adopters with cats
2. Someone who can help at PETsMART La Jolla a few hours a month
b) Foster Home (for cats and kittens):
1. Fostering 1-6 cats at your comfort level
*no cat longer than a few weeks
1. Picking up and driving cats and/or cat medicine around between foster homes, adoption events and vet appointments
d) Field Agent:
1. Checking in on cats at in-store locations
2. Play with the cats (socialization), clean cage, check water/food/documentation
*Several locations: Petco Escondido, PETsMART La Jolla, Poway pet-bakery
1. Visit foster homes and other locations to take pictures of cats/kittens for the week
If you're skeptical about what just a few hours a month of volunteer effort can accomplish, just take a look at all the cats we've rescued so far this year!
We place our cats into the best possible homes we can find!
Click here to read some of CATS adoption success stories.
Looking for dependable and reliable animal lovers!
Whatever it is you think you would like to help us with, we urge you to get involved only if you are super, super, super dependable.
Follow through with your commitment to whatever was scheduled for you; even if it's only 2 hours a month.
This is for the safety of our cats and kittens as CATS is a very lean organization.
That being said, CATS volunteers are always very helpful and will try their best to cover for you in case you cannot keep your schedule.
If you can help, or know someone who can, get in touch with us!
Or leave a message: 619-835-9099.