Fcat Science Tips
By: Gil Parada
- Make sure you eat a light balanced meal about 45 minutes before. Your
mind will be clearer.
- Be on time - especially the day of the test. Come prepared.
- Be clear on your instructor's expectations about which material will be
on the test.
- Accept the fact that perfection is not necessary. Getting a 4.0 is not
- Breathe fully and relax. Regain control. Be positive. Remain focused.
- Go with your first instinct when answering.
- If you have difficulty with a question, make a mark in the margin to
return to that one later. This way you avoid losing time for the questions
that come easily to you.
- For a chemistry or physics exam, skim the entire exam over quickly
before you answer any question. Find the problems that you can answer with
little or no effort and do those first. It will boost your confidence when
you move on to more challenging problems. The easiest question may not be