This building has been built by Nissanka Malla (1187-1196). The most important feature of this buiding is the shape and the carvings of the stone pillars. These pillars are carved in the shape of a lotus plant and are curved in three places. The top of the pillar take form of a lotus flower. On the centre is a small Stupa. The whole building is surrounded by a fence made out of stone.
February 11, 2007