Undated postcard showing the courthouse as it looked with the tower on the front.
County Number: 64
Seat: Valparaiso (June 9, 1836 - present). First called Portersville, then changed name to Valparaiso on January 6, 1837.
Architect: John C. Cochrane (Chicago, Illinois)
Builder: J.W. Wilson
Style: Second Empire/Neo-Classical
Population - Porter County (2002): 150,403
Population - Valparaiso (2002): 28,185
Size: 418.1 square miles
Date of Organization: February 1, 1836
Named for: Commodore David Porter, War of 1812
Dates visited: 9/27/03
Courthouse address: 16 East Lincolnway Street, Valparaiso, 46383
Go Back ||| Forward