A verb is a word that expresses action or a state of being and is necessary to make a statement.
1. The bicyclist grinned.
2. A spectator cheered loudly.
3. The rider is enthusiastic.
Choose the verb out of the sentence.† Check the answer key when you are finish.
(Donít scroll down until you are finished)
1. I ran fast to my bus.
2. She sprinted in the race.
3. He cheered when his team won the game.
4. He is used to that though.
5. The other team grinned.
6. They laughed at the funny joke.
7. The comedian told the joke greatly.
8. She was out of breathe.
9. They fought over stupid stuff.
10. It was all over nothing.
††††††††† Teaching: learn about verbs well before you try to teach them.† They are easy to learn.