The following is a list of poetry types and styles that we have learned about, used and discovered through many different sources. Each different type will share an example.
· BALLAD: A narrative poem, which is, or originally was, meant to be sung. Ballads are the narrative species of folk songs, which originate, and are communicated orally. The narrator begins with the climactic episode, tells the story by means of action and dialogue, and tells it without self-reference or the expression of personal attitudes or feelings.
· HAIKU: is a Japanese type of poetry with three lines...
1. The first line has five syllables.
2. The second line has seven syllables.
3. The third line has five syllables.
· SONNET: A sonnet is a fourteen-line poem in iambic pentameter with a carefully patterned rhyme scheme.