Grammar and Writing
Directions: Use the blanks provided to fill in the blanks with adverbs. You would have clues in the parenthesis at the end of each sentence to help you.
Hint: Adverbs modify by answering these questions: When?, Where?, How?, and To what degree?
1. I would have a party in next ________________________. (when: day of the week)
2.Leave you cup over _______________________________. (where)
3. I _______________________ ran to class after the minute bell had rang. (how)
4. Phil _______________________ held the ring while walking down the isle at the wedding? (how)
5. Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas are all down _________________. (where)
6. You should ___________________ swim after you eat for at least 30minutes. (modifying verb)
7. The movie was _____________________ scary. (Modifying adjectives)
8. Suzy Q had to take the test all over _________________.(when)
9. Ms. Bookworm staked all the books up _____________________. (how)
10. The room was ___________________ quiet until Jason walked in the room. (modifying adjectives)