Jon's RC Airplane Hangar
Thanks for visiting my RC airplane website. Above is a photo of a Carl Goldberg Ultimate that I built a few years ago. It's powered with an OS .91FX 2 stroke engine. It came out at exactly 8lbs as the plans said. It looks real nice and was a lot of fun to build. To this date, I have not flown it yet. Maybe one of these days.
I have been involved with this hobby for over 10 years now and my passion has always been building airplane models. If you have any questions, comments or tips, please shoot me an email. Thanks again for visiting.
|Awarded to quality aviation information websites|
PLANES IN THE HANGAR AS OF OCTOBER 2014
- READY TO FLY
- Foam 3DX, funflyer foamy with a Himaxx 2015/4100 motor, 6.6:1 gearbox, CC25 esc, Kokam 3 cell lipo 1500mah
- Foam mini 3DX with Fiego motor. Not bad, but a little underpowered.
- OS .25LA pusher-powered SIG TRI-STAR, canard that's similar to a Long EZ, flies very good, most axial rolls I've ever experienced
- OS .46fx powered scratch built Stroker fun flyer airplane. Copied from plans in MA magazine. Thin airfoiled 50 inch span 4.2lb sport flyer. Very fast, pretty good aerobatics.
- ST .20 powered TopFlite Elder 20, 3 channel old timer style plane complete with William Bros. machine gun. Haven't had a chance to maiden yet. FALL 2009 UPDATE: Gave to my Dad and it's now powered with electric. Still not maidened yet.
- OS .91FX powered Goldberg Ultimate. Applied flames with red monokote. Came in right at the target weight of 8lbs. Not flown yet.
- GREAT PLANES PT40 MKII TRAINER with modified wing, OS 40LA engine. Flies ok for a trainer, nothing special. FALL 2009 UPSDATE: sold to an rc newby that lives somewhat nearby
- Two GREATPLANES SLOWPOKE 40's. I decided to build two of them at the same time since I had an extra set of SLOWPOKE plans in my plans library. One has a Tower Hobbies .46 Pro on it, the other has an OS .40FP on it. Ive flown both and they fly ok, nothing special. Maybe a lil' underpowered on both.
- Goldberg Gentle Lady glider converted to electric. With Graupner Speed 400 motor, 3.3:1 gear drive, 11x3 prop, 3 cell 1050mah li-po battery. Ready to fly with all up weight of 33 ounces. Not flown yet.
- Scratch built RYAN YPT-16. Semi-scaled out. 66"ws,approximately 6lbs, electric powered. Not flown yet.
- Scratch built (by my Dad) Taurus pattern plane. Electric powered, ready to fly but not flown yet.
- Scratch built (by my Dad) 1/4 scale FAIRCHILD PT-19 from Bud Nosen plans. Approximately 9' wingspan. Electric powered. Ready to fly but not flown yet.
- OHIO RC EXTRA 300L 102 inch wingspan (33%). Gave to Dad to build in May 2005. Finished and ready to fly but not flown yet. Set up to be electric powered.
- Scratch built (by my Dad) Outlaw delta wing electric powered fun-flyer. Ready to fly but not flown yet.
PLANES UNDER CONSTRUCTION or REPAIR
- ZIROLI 100" STUKA, will sport a Sachs 4.2 gasoline engine. Scaled out to the max.
- SCRATCH BUILT STICK, 81" wingspan,will sport a US41 gas engine, awaiting engine install and servo re-install. Has been flown several times in the past with a Ryobi 31cc gasser. Was a little underpowered.
MY PLANES AND MY SHOP