Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Merrillville Volunteer Fire Department


18 W 73rd Avenue
Merrillville IN 46410
Phone 219-769-8739
Fax 219-736-0530
Radio 154.385 Mhz
FCC License WPWY-912


Station 1


[Home] [Apparatus] [Events] [Personnel] [Honor Gaurd] [Links]

The Merrillville Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1958, the third fire department in Ross Township. The departmentís first station was originally the Methodist Church built in 1874 that the department converted to a 2 bay station house. In 19** 2 more bays were added in the back of the building facing the side. In 19** a second station was built at 850 w. 57th. Ave. to better protects the north section of town. In 1981 a new station was built next door to the original to replace it. It is a 2-story brick building with 4 65-foot bays with 1 being a drive through. The original station was then taken over by the Ross Township Trustee for his office and is still in use today.



Station 1 Apparatus




Engine 1


Engine 2


Truck 1


Rescue 1


Squad 1