2. Sue heard the voice, and he said: In Thy name, O Jehovih, will I summon my Gods of Hoit and Izaracha.
3. Swift messengers departed; and Sue, quick-perceiving God of two worlds in the etherean Seamar, foresaw the importance of the coming red star. He said: This, with my Gods of Hoit and Izaracha, who will come in swift speed, shall be the second deliverance.
4. Then came Le Wing, God of Hoit; and presently, Sivian, Goddess of Izaracha, and they stood before Jehovih's throne. Sue said:
5. Jehovih hath spoken. Behold, the red star bringeth forth nor sons nor daughters more to Jehovih's realms. She is weak, unstrung, and out of tune, and cometh this way. And I said:
6. In Thy power and wisdom, O Jehovih, will I visit the red star! Six years I will stand on her soil, and course her heaven; and such potency give to her confused Gods and Lords as will make a thousand millions sing for joy. To accompany me, I have called you. Behold, I have charts and maps of her heaven and her corporeal parts; and a history of her, as yet, young adventures in the field of worlds.
7. Then spake Le Wing and Sivian, saying: To do Jehovih's will and thine, behold, we are come to thee. Give us to fulfill whatsoever thou wilt.
8. To the swift messengers Sue said: Ye have heard; go proclaim throughout my etherean worlds my will; and summon up from Ithyivius a hundred million skilled volunteers. When the red star shall cross the wing of Izaracha, we will go forth in power, and land on her troubled parts in a sea of golden light.
2. Coming near the throne of Sue in Aoit, the hundred millions formed in squares and stars, and the chosen God took his place to the head and front, looking to the low horizon, where rose the red star, the sick earth.
3. And now the builders who had measured the elements lying in the route toward the earth, formed their crescent ship of fire, and equipped it; and, with mantles and curtains and banners, created it a vessel of beauty and ornament as well as service.
4. Hardly was the ship completed when Jehovih's light encompassed it about on all sides, so that that which was beautiful before was now illuminated and sparkling and bright as a sun, and rich in golden colors; for of such kind was the ethe of the heavens hereabout created.
5. When Sue entered the ship, the voice of Jehovih came, saying: Another cycle came and is gone on the earth and her heaven, but still they fall to barrenness ere the succeeding dawn. Go now, O Sue, My Son, and a wider range give to the tetracts of both angels and mortals. Give a greater scope to tyrants, kings and queens on earth, and greater to the self-Gods and self-Lords in hada, and more responsibility.
6. Then all hands entered the etherean ship, singing and rejoicing, observed by countless millions come to wish them a haven of joy on their six years' visit to the corporeal earth.
7. Sue said: In Thy name, O Jehovih, and by virtue of Thy power in me vested, my hosts shall forth at my command. Cut loose, ye Gods, and thou, O ship, of heaven born, to the red star, the earth, begone! And Sue stretched forth his hands and waved them, and lo, the mighty ship of heaven turned on its axis, cutting loose from the high firmament. And it turned, with its great curtains and banners sailing gracefully and swiftly through the blue ether.
8. The music of her es'enaurs swelled and rolled along on the spheres of many worlds unseen to mortals, where dwell countless millions of spectators viewing the marvelous speed and power and brilliant colors of the great ship. Faster and Faster she sped on, till nearing Chinvat, which now cut sharp in the fields and forests of Izaracha, over which was potent the name of Sue, the companion God and chiefest friend of Aph, Orian Chief, Son of Jehovih.
9. When the ship came to the bridge and halted, to take in the plan of the whirling earth, Sue said: A light! A light! Ye Gods! And at once, as high as the moon and bright as the son, the illumined ship stood, to overawe the self-Gods and warrior kings and murderers of the earth-born, whose plentiful souls in chaos polluted heaven.
10. For three days and nights Sue held his star-ship to the wonderful task of mastering by the marvelous scene. And then slowly he entered the vortex of the earth, but held his course, nor with the earth and her heaven; for he desired that both corporeans and atmosphereans should witness the coming power. So slowly he came, but fifty thousand miles a day, that when the ship neared the disorganized Hored, the self-Gods and self-Lords fled and left their well-supplied kingdoms desolate, and down to the earth rushed in thousands, and with their hosts in millions, to hide or safely stow themselves from Agni's just hate.
11. But the true God and Lords stood firm in their depleted kingdoms, fearing naught, but in faith that this etherean ship was Jehovih's answer to their long cry for help from the heavenly spheres. And by their pillars of fire still standing, great Sue knew where to land in the lower heaven for safe anchorage. So to Hored he came, slowly, and toward the throne of God. And when he neared the place, his es'enaurs chanted and the trumpeters played; the sound of which music came to the ears of God and his hosts, and they were the hymns of more than a thousand years ago.
12. And God and his hosts sent up rockets and displayed the three primary colors, the sign of Jehovih's name; and God's es'enaurs joined in chanting with the hosts above. Presently the ship of fire was at the place of landing, and Sue, Jehovih's Son, cast out a ladder and descended, with his hosts, the hundred million angels, led by Gussitivi, marshaless of the throne of Sue, in Izaracha.
13. Sue said: Hail, O God of heaven and earth! In Jehovih's name, I am come in power and wisdom. And God answered: Glory be to Thee, O Jehovih, that Thy Son hath come so far to bless Thy bewildered kingdom! Then they saluted with the signs of the sixth resurrection, whereupon God said:
14. In the name of the Great Spirit, come thou and honor my throne. So Sue went forward, and they greeted by shaking hands; and Sue ascended and sat on the throne, saying: Keep thy place, O God, for I am not come to displace thee or thy hosts of Jehovih, but to build up for His glory. Be seated, therefore, for I feel the light of the Father descending on my head.
15. Presently the All Light enveloped Sue, and the Father's voice spake through him, saying: Hear the words of thy Creator, My son, and rejoice because I have not forgotten thee and thy people. Behold, this is the hour of thy redemption from the trials of tetracts, which are run abroad in My dominions.
16. Was it not worse than this in the olden time? and I came with my hosts and delivered them. I created man in darkness and gave to him no judgment, that the creation of his own thoughts might be for his own glory, forever. But instead of beautifying his thoughts, he hearkeneth to tetracts and clotheth himself in clouds. The heaven I build for him he diggeth to pieces, and then buildeth his own, but only to be displeased and turbulent. Neither will he content himself with providing with his own hands, but searchest out My most dutiful sons and daughters, making slaves of them for his own exaltation.
17. Behold, I have afore time sent My sons and daughters to search out these traitors and self-Gods, declaring unto them that only by forsaking evil and practising righteousness could they attain to My exalted kingdoms. Their evil places have I cast down, and rebuilt in honor and glory, that their own judgment might determine that virtue and good works are the sure foundation for happiness that will endure forever. But when I have raised them up in one cycle and made the lower heaven a paradise, alas, My ethereans have but gone away for a little while when the tetracts take root, and grow, and turn all things upside down.
18. But now will I build them up in a new way. Yea, I will appropriate the evil of their inventions to their own good in a way they dream not of. The false Gods and false Lords shall be arrested and brought before this judgment seat, and I will judge them by their own behavior and desires; neither will I torment them nor abridge their happiness. Send, therefore, My Son, thy marshals into the hidden places of these Gods and Lords, and say to them: Thus saith the hosts of heaven: Come, My Son, and inherit a kingdom in hada, in thine own way, for lo, there is room for all; but that thou art not left behind, come quickly to Hored.
19. And they will come, hoping to embellish themselves in the old manner. But My Light shall come in due time in Mine Own way.
20. The voice ceased, but Sue spake of his own account, saying: What Jehovih hath ordered, do ye. So marshals and priests were sent in all directions in atmospherea to gather in the false Gods and false Lords who had deserted their dominions in fear of the light of Sue's etherean ship. And after many days the false ones were brought to Hored; and there were of them seven thousand Lords and Gods.
21. Now when they were before Sue, Jehovih's Son, and arranged so that all could hear and see, even the whole Council beside, the Light gathered around about the throne, and Sue addressed them, saying:
22. Hear me, O men and women! I have sent for you, and ye are here. In this I am pleased. Know, then, that what I speak shall be in love and tenderness. Ye have deserted Jehovih's kingdoms, and it must be because it pleased you better than to remain. Is this not true? And ye also deserted your own false kingdoms?
23. For a little while they consulted together, and then answered, saying: Nay, it pleased us not to desert our own kingdoms; but we were afraid.
24. Sue said: Who think ye I am? They answered: A God from some far-off world, but where it lieth we know not. We desire to know who thou art?
25. Sue said: I am but a man; fear me not. But since ye feared, and so deserted your kingdoms, does it not prove that ye are not the All Highest? And do ye not perceive that, because ye had no All Highest, ye were divided and inharmonious?
26. Hear, then, that which I say, and consider my words: I want not your kingdoms nor anything ye have; but, that harmony may reign in heaven, I will give every one of you more than ye had, and add power unto you also.
27. Since ye behold I am come to Hored, the throne of the ancients, perceive ye not that whosoever accordeth with me is of my power also? Take, then, your kingdoms and be Gods and Goddesses, as ye assumed before, and I will anoint ye, and make ye as part and parcel of one united whole. Again they counseled together, and then answered:
28. Why shall we take our kingdoms? Our slaves have deserted us; our kingdoms are pillaged of all their value. Yea, our slaves have become wandering spirits, and are returned to the earth and are making their habitations with mortals. So that the people of earth are aroused because of miracles and wonders occurring on earth.
29. Sue said: What can ye say to these wandering spirits that will induce them to come up away from mortals? To which they answered: If we promise them provender and clothes and plenty of rest, they will come; but when we put them to labor, they will run away, having tasted of liberty.
30. Sue said: How, then, made ye slaves of them in the first place? To which they answered: We took them in the day their mortal bodies died, and they never saw nor knew any other place in heaven; so we appropriated them to our service dutifully.
31. Sue said: Know, then, this is my conclusion: First that ye shall all be made as sub-Gods to one confederacy, and your kingdoms shall be fair to look upon, and well supplied with all things needful.
32. Behold, there are on earth, with the barbarians, hosts of familiars and fetals; whoever, then, of you will go down to the earth and bring them away to Hored shall have them for his slaves; and, whoever bringeth the greatest number, will I award the greatest kingdom. And if it be that ye can find emissaries to work for you in bringing fetals and familiars away from the barbarians, then shall such labor be accounted to your credit. And ye shall station around about in the corporeal cities certain angels, whose labor shall be to receive newborn spirits on birth-blankets and bring them to your kingdoms also, for they shall be your slaves.
33. After that manner spake Sue; and the false Gods and Goddesses were highly pleased, and they divided themselves into certain districts over mortals and for the lower heaven, and were at once sent off to labor in their own way, and they were named sub-Gods.
34. Sue said: These sub-Gods have much weight with the barbarians, because they advise them in war. But, behold, it shall come to pass when the sub-Gods have robbed the barbarians of their familiar spirits, the I'hin priests will have a greater weight with them.
35. And the sub-Gods will desire to find favor in my sight, and so, teach their slaves, the which will cause them to emancipate themselves in time to come.
2. I created man at zero, but for him to add unto himself forever. Liberty I gave him to add only that which perfecteth his own soul. Wherefore, if he eat poison, it taketh from him his body which I gave. Herein made I a boundary, both on earth and in heaven, which is to say, inasmuch as man accumulateth virtue, wisdom, patience, love, truth and pure words, he is free; because, in so doing, he followeth Me in My works. But he that seeketh to glorify himself in his possessions bindeth himself; because he is unlike Me, for I gave All, and thus made the universe.
3. Two states, therefore, have I created open to all men, both on earth and in atmospherea, which are, liberty and bondage. And man I made to choose that which he will; but that he might not err, behold, I send My emancipated angels to explain these things beforehand.
4. Even so are governments ordained by My holy ones, wherein ye may judge whether a government be of Me or against Me. For if it give liberty to all righteous works, and for the promotion of knowledge, providing teachers to the extent of the demand, it is of Me. But if the government maketh of itself a self, for which its aggrandizement is at the expense of My children's liberty, then is it against Me.
5. For I have not created a people to be to-day as were their forefathers, but provided them with perpetual growth in wisdom and virtue; wherefore the rising generations shall rebel against that which was well and good for their forefathers. All My governments understand this, whether on earth or in heaven. Whatever government accepteth not this rule, shall go down to destruction. For, as I have hedged man about with sentinels, such as pestilence, poverty and hunger, in order to awaken him to knowledge and industry, so have I hedged in all governments under the sun with sentinels, such as rebellion and assassinations, and war, and bankruptcy. As pestilence proveth man's disobedience to My commandments, so do rebellion and anarchy prove the disobedience of governments to the progressive spirit with which I created man.
6. The self-God saith: I will make a strong government; by armies and cruel masters will I bind the subjects of my dominions. And he draweth up a multitude of laws, and heapeth up books to explain the laws, and findeth judges to explain the books that explain the laws, and he saith: Behold how wise I am! Behold the great wisdom of my judges! Behold the great learning of my books! Behold my most perfect laws! Behold my armies that stand behind all, and in great power!
7. But lo, a star appeareth in heaven, and all his fabric goeth as a spider's web. For instead of choosing his Creator, Who is strong, he erected things that were as nothing.
8. Hear thy Creator, O My God, for through My Son I bequeath a new light to the lower heaven: For, as thou hast portioned to the self-Gods to take kingdoms, suffer them to hedge themselves about with a multitude of laws; but thou thyself shalt have no laws save the rites and ceremonies, which thou shalt adorn with music and processions.
9. And it shall come to pass that the dominions of the self-Gods will prosper for a season; and they will, for sake of self-glory, deplete the earth people of familiar spirits and fetals. But, in time after, their subjects will tire of the laws of the self-Gods, and hearing that thou hast no laws, save rites and ceremonies, they will come to Hored of their own accord.
10. Henceforth, then, shalt thou convert the nurseries and hospitals, and factories and places of education, into places of delight and recreation.
11. The voice ceased, but Sue said: Behold, a time cometh, in all the atmospherean heavens, when the discipline of former days must give way to something new; and such a time is now in this kingdom. It may be likened to a young child that hath been led by the hand for a long time, but now hath become strong of limb so as to walk alone.
12. For this purpose hath the earth been brought through the fields of Izaracha, and my hosts are come with music and wisdom. Hear, then, my decree, O God of earth, and thou shalt be the most blessed of Gods: Send thy messengers into all parts of atmospherea, proclaiming a recreation of ten days, of music and dancing and marching, with pageantry and feasting, to be in Hored in the first of the moon of Jaffeth.
13. The rest leave to the Father, for He will provide us in the time thereof. And whilst the time is coming, I will go around the earth with my hosts in my etherean ship.
14. God said: I perceive Thy wisdom, O Jehovih; in Thy decrees am I raised up with new wisdom and power. O that I could have devised a way for them before they fell so low!
15. Sue called the Council and his own hosts from labor to recreation for one day, and the people mingled together rejoicing; for of the ethereans with the hosts of Sue were many who had been earth-born, many thousands of years before, and their assurance of the emancipated heavens above had greater weight with the atmosphereans than anything that others could say. Then Sue and his hosts visited the earth and her heavens; and after that returned again to Hored.
2. And why? Simply for lack of discipline and harmony. Every one is for self, and none are producers for the general good. Alas, they are the same as mortals, but stript of flesh. They are of no value to themselves. Now will I show thee, O God, that these hapless beings, with no joy in life nor hope of resurrection, shall become a great glory to the Father and His Kingdoms.
3. God said: Pity them, O Father! It is over a thousand years since they have been visited by the higher heaven. Many of them are learned, but doubting if there be other heavens, save the plateaus of the atmospherea of the earth. Millions and millions of them have never seen an etherean. Alas, I fear for them.
4. Sue said: Fear not, O God. They are as mortar in my hands. Neither shall there be preaching to them, nor praying for them. They are tired of these things. But I will found a new light amongst them, and it shall speak for us. Hear me, then, and with the populace I shall be as One that is unknown. Call, then, thy es'enaurs, and thy trumpeters and harpists, and all the musicians belonging to thy kingdom and to the kingdoms of thy Lords, and let the procession begin.
5. For in all public matters those who are at the front, if wise, can lead on forever. Be politic, therefore, and shape the populace whilst the self-Gods are amazed at the immensity of the hosts assembled.
6. God did as commanded, and the people saw there was a head to the proceedings. Sue said: Send thy marshals and decorators to follow close after the musicians, distributing raiment to all who will follow in the procession. My etherean hosts are advised. They will stand by the way, and, with marvelous swiftness, provide the raiment. And all possible extravagant colors and fabrics, and hats and ornaments, shall be distributed, and gratuitously.
7. My hosts shall be arranged in plain white; and they shall march not, but be as servants and workmen. And when the atmosphereans have played and sung over all the boundaries of Hored, then shall My etherean band sing and play and start the dance.
8. All these things were done, and from the very start to the termination of the music there was harmony in every place and corner amongst the thousand millions assembled. Nor was there ever so extravagantly equipped a multitude in the earth's heaven. And, so completely captivated were the people, their enthusiasm was boundless. Then came the etherean dance, the which so far surpassed the capacity of the atmosphereans that not one could join in. Neither could they take part in the etherean music.
9. So the atmosphereans looked on, confounded by the excellence of that which was before their eyes.
10. Thus ended the first day's proceedings, which to describe in full would require a large book. So the people were called to refreshment. And the ethereans, still dressed in white, and as servants and laborers, provided the viands. For they had previously made convenience for a supply of material. And so easily and with such swiftness did they their work that now for the first time did the more learned of atmospherea begin to observe them with surprise and wonder.
11. Presently inquiries were made as to who they were and whence they came. For so Jehovih created man, that when of his own accord he admireth the excellence of his neighbor, he goeth to the extreme in praising him.
12. So God said: On the morrow shall a new entertainment be given, and new raiment and new viands for the feast. And the hosts shouted with great vigor and praise. Then the people mingled together to converse on all they had witnessed; neither comprehended they the object, save for pleasure only.
13. When the next day came the ethereans had been divided into groups, and the rites of the ancients and of the hosts of a'ji in Partha were announced, requiring extravagant toilets and millions of atmosphereans as assistants.
14. So great was their ambition to take part that only by promises of something in the next rites could the marshals make selections.
15. Sue, Jehovih's Son, had previously stationed signal bells at remote distances from one another, but connected them so that the sounds would answer quickly. And in the intervening places, extemporized forests and waterfalls were arranged; and near the middle space one thousand columns of fire were erected.
16. So, in the morning of the second day, when all these glorious scenes were completed, and the ethereans, still plain and in white, stationed about, the atmospereans were more confounded than ever, and more loudly shouting in their praise.
17. First came the birth-rites; then marriage-rites; then death-rites and the first resurrection; then the rites of harmony. And the play represented a million of ethereans who went to a corporeal world and followed it through its life, and to death and resurrection; its darkness and inharmony and terrible suffering in atmospherea; ending with a tableau of a great sun of light descending, to deliver them into everlasting paradise.
18. So grand was the spectacle, and so sublime the music and the spoken words, that the hosts of Hored wept, and laughed, and shouted, and prayed, as if their souls would break with joy.
19. Thus ended the second day, and so complete was the glorious work that every soul had sworn a solemn oath to forsake the earth and lower heaven forever. Then God announced for the third day, the display of etherean power.
20. And the people were so bewildered already that a child could have led the most stubborn of all. For thus Jehovih created man, who, having become much conceited in himself, turneth right about and maketh himself a submissive fool.
21. So, on the third day, the ethereans displayed their power over the elements of the atmosphere; making corporeal substances and dissolving them at pleasure; making light into darkness, and darkness into light. Weaving fabrics and making diadems and precious stones. Gathering viands from the essence of things evaporated up from the earth; founding plateaux and temples in heaven. Making ships and chains and musical instruments. And, lastly, the etherean marshals, with half a million ethereans, turned the winds and sent a heavy shower of rain down to the corporeal earth.
22. And all the while, the musicians of the hosts of Sue were discoursing music, the sweetness and grandeur of which surpassed the atmosphereans so far that they were as nothing.
23. So, because of the exhibition of great power and wisdom, the third day had changed the fortunes and aspirations of every man and woman in the lower heaven. And they were running hither and thither, pleading to be taken as apprentices or servants, pledging themselves to do anything required of them. Neither would they be put off, demanding that half of the next day should be given to initiating them as real beginners in the second resurrection.
24. Then God spake to them, saying: Ye know not what ye speak. Behold, I have commanded ye for hundreds of years to put away your fine raiment and sparkling gems, and to begin adorning your souls, so as to become Brides and Bridegrooms of the Great Spirit.
25. But ye would not, but strove coninually to adorn yourselves, forgetting to labor for those beneath you. Behold, now stand Jehovih's Brides and Bridegrooms before you. What is their worth compared to yours? Are they not plain? And are ye not decorated?
26. But millions of voices rose up, saying: We will do whatever thou commandest, O God. There is no God like unto thee. Then God spake, saying: Hear me, then, further: This is to begin the second resurrection: to put away your jewels and diadems and ornaments, and, above all things, to forsake self, and henceforth labor for others who are beneath you. If ye do this in a brotherhood, ye are already beginning the second resurrection. Neither is there any other road to wisdom and power.
27. Again the multitude cried out: We will do anything; we have faith. And God answered them, saying: Suffer, then, a few to be initiated on to-morrow; but be ye patient and of good judgment; slow to resolve, but firm forever.
28. So on the fourth day, in the morning, behold, more than a hundred millions of spirits had abandoned their showy raiment and stood arrayed in white, devoid of jewels and diadems, ready to be initiated and take the vows of the second resurrection, as above. And accordingly new music was prepared, and the procession and ceremonies so arranged that the greatest possible glory would be manifested.
29. Canopies were stretched overhead, and arches and columns on the borders of the march, decorated with flowers and vines; and amidst these, half concealed, were nestled the response singers, who were to speak for and with the initiates. But concealed from view, and afar off, were bells and explosives, which were the morning signals.
30. And the glad and solemn sound of the Immortal Voice came upon the souls of millions impatient to vow themselves to a new life; and God and his hosts welcomed them with great joy. So grand and imposing were the ceremonies, that, ere midday, another hundred millions came, robed in white, to be initiated also. Neither desired the people any other entertainment.
31. And so the initiations were continued on the fifth day; and yet another hundred millions applied, also robed in white. And this was continued on the sixth and seventh and eighth and ninth and tenth days. And, lo and behold, a thousand million angels had taken the vows of the second resurrection.
2. God on the throne said: O E-o-ih (Jehovih)! Almighty! Boundless!
3. Response: How shall I comprehend Thee, Thou Mighty One?
4. God: Thou Higher than All Gods and Lords!
5. Response: Who movest the universe, with power unlimited!
6. God: Creator and Controller of the corporeal worlds!
7. Response: In Whose hands the etherean firmament is like a fruitful garden, wider than the boundaries of time!
8. God: Whose members are All Space!
9. Response: Whose members are the All that is within place, beyond measure!
10. God: Thou, O E-o-ih! Thou Fountain and Terminus of all things!
11. Response: E-o-ih! E-o-ih! Of Whom all things are but parts, attuned to Thy will!
12. God: Thou All Person, O E-o-ih! Incomprehensible!
13. Response: Who speakest in the Light! Whose voice is the progress of the universe!
14. God: E-o-ih! Thou All Giver! By giving, Createth!
15. Response: What are Thy secrets, O Mighty One? O E-o-ih, Everlasting, and Greater than Magnitude!
16. God: I see nothing in all the universe but Thee! All selfs are but fractions of Thyself, O E-o-ih!
17. Response: Who hath not beholden Thee, O E-o-ih? Thy Person is in the east and west and north and south! Below and above; far and near.
18. God: Who hath not heard Thy voice? Who hath not found Thy hand, that pusheth him along?
19. Response: Without Thee, O E-o-ih, I go not; I move not. I set out to do things of myself, and fail utterly.
20. God: What is man before Thee, O E-o-ih? He setteth up a kingdom, and it falleth as a house of straw.
21. Response: O E-o-ih, how I have wasted my time! My buildings were lighter than chaff! My virtues were but bubbles, and they are bursted and gone!
22. God: When will man learn to attune himself to Thee, O E-o-ih?
23. Response: How can I put away myself, O E-o-ih? Have I not said: I cannot put away mine own judgment?
24. God: Man saith: I will not put away my judgment! and lo, therein doeth he it!
25. Response: Have I not said: To protect myself is the first law, and to preserve mine own the highest law?
26. God: Man assumeth to protect himself, because he is without faith in Thee, O E-o-ih! And to preserve his own, which, in fact, is not his.
27. And here the Light fell upon the throne, and Jehovih spake out of the Light, saying:
28. I have called thee, O man, from thy youth up! My voice hath never ceased in thine ear. Who can come into life without Me? Who can measure his own footsteps? Behold, he treadeth on My ground. Of all that he is made, the substance is Mine.
29. The kingdoms of the earth and the kingdoms of Gods and Lords in heaven, what are they more than imitations of My works? Wherein they imitate Me well, I am with them in wisdom, love and power. Shall a man butt his head against a wall to prove he is greater than his Creator? Behold, I came in the ancient days, saying: Strive to become one with Me, and thou shalt rejoice that I created thee. Strive to set up for thyself, and thy vanity shall in time pierce thee as a two-edged sword.
30. Hear the love of thy Creator, O man! For I made thee with fondness for thy sons and daughters. Of love like Mine Own I gave thee a part. And as thou sendest to thy wayward son, beseeching him to return to thee, so do I bring My messengers from higher worlds to call thee. And, that thou mayst not mistake their higher place, I give them power and wisdom surpassing thee.
31. The voice ceased, and then the initiates said:
32. Henceforth I will serve only Thee, O E-o-ih! Nor will I more think what shall become of me. For I know Thou wilt appropriate me wisely, O E-o-ih!
33. Accordingly, as the stone is hewn and polished, so wilt Thou put it in the walls of Thy house.
34. My labor is to hew and polish and perfect mine own soul forever!
35. My soul shall become as a shining star.
36. My love like Thy etherean angels.
37. And plain my raiment, and clean, forever!
38. Nor more will I boast, nor speak untruth, forever!
39. Nor sloth attain me.
40. Nor vanity, nor self; nor will I talk of myself.
41. Nor criticise my brethren, nor my neighbors, for they are Thine, O E-o-ih!
42. To do righteous works and lift up my fellows shall be my labor henceforth, forever!
43. Make me strong in Thee, O E-o-h!
44. And wise to do Thy will forever. Amen!
2. Sue said: Hear me, O God, I will counsel thee further: Know, then, that the false Gods and false Lords have gone off to build up kingdoms of their own, nor know they what hath happened in Hored. Suffer them to proceed until they have purified the corporeans from familiars and fetals; but when they have finished, call thou another festival of all these people, and also send word to the false Gods and false Lords who deny Jehovih, the All Person, and they will come, bringing their slaves, having themselves adorned in extravagant raiment and jewelry. For they will expect, by their pageantry, to triumph over all other Gods and men, hoping to carry back with them millions of subjects.
3. God said: I perceive, O Sue, Son of Jehovih. So, God did as commanded, and sure enough, in course of time, the false Gods and false Lords stript the barbarians of the earth of their familiars and fetals, making slaves of such spirits in heaven. And it came to pass that God gave another festival, and it was greater than the first, and there were present upward of three thousand million angels, who had become enlisted in righteous works.
4. This was the beginning of the third year of Sue; and his wisdom and power were now manifested all around the world, on earth and in heaven.
5. And this is what happened in reference to the false Gods and false Lords, who came to the festival, equipped in chariots and ships, and with banners and flags, and crowns and diadems, and such wonderful extravagancies, the like of which had not been in heaven since the flood. And each and every false God and false Lord endeavored to outdo the others in show and parade.
6. As might be expected, the first day of the festival neither won their applause nor censure. The second day they ceased to attract attention; for the thrift and purity and wisdom manifested in the countless millions of the second resurrection caused even children to receive more praise than the Gods and Lords with all their glitter and show.
7. On the third day one-half of the false Gods and false Lords cast aside their adornments and appeared in plain white, pleading to be initiated into the mysteries of the second resurection. And on the day following, the rest of them came also, seeking like admission.
8. Whereupon the Light of Jehovih spake through God on the throne, saying:
9. Bethink ye, O ye Gods and Lords! What are ye doing? But as yesterday ye asked for kingdoms, desiring to be leaders and great workers, over and above your fellows.
10. And ye obtained your desires, becoming Gods and Lords over millions. And these became your dutiful subjects, and ye adorned your throne and your persons in great splendor.
11. Behold I gave a festival, and ye came as living witnesses of what self-made Gods and Lords could accomplish. And your dutiful subjects came with you to attest their loyalty and good faith in your wisdom and power.
12. Now have ye cast aside your crowns and high estate, praying to become workers amongst the host of men and women! Are ye not mad? And are ye not making yourselves the destroyers of your own subjects? For, behold, because of your abjuration of self-pomp and self-glory, all your subjects are cast aside in ignorance and misery.
13. With one voice the self-Gods and self-Lords answered, saying: Alas, O God! What shall we do? Our crowns we can give away; our raiment and jewels, and our thrones and kingdoms. But, O God, we cannot give away our subjects; they will not go. We have bound them to us; and we are bound to them because we accepted them. What shall we do, O God? The burden is more than we can bear!
14. God said: Be not disconsolate, O Gods and Lords! Ye have done a great work. Ye have rescued millions and millions of familiars and fetals. And even before ye applied for the resurrection, behold, most of your subjects had already deserted you!
15. Hear the judgment of your Creator, which is that when all your subjects and fetals are risen in wisdom and virtue and good works, so as to take the second resurrection, even on that same day shall ye be promoted. For only until then can ye have freedom of soul.
16. The voice ceased, and the self-Gods and self-Lords answered: Thou art just, O Jehovih. We will go to work amongst our poor and ignorant subjects, and make them comprehend Thy wisdom, power and justice.
17. For ten days the festival lasted, and then it ended. Thus were first established rites and ceremonies in the lower heaven as a power to work wisdom and virtue. And from that time ever after, music and marching and dancing were included in all ceremonies by the Gods and Lords of heaven.
2. So it came to pass in etherea, the Goddess, Nista, provided an airavagna, an etherean ship, resolving to come as commander in chief. Sue advised God, saying: Make thou of this matter a great testimony in thy heaven. Send, therefore, thy messengers into all parts, and to thy Lords on the earth, inviting all people to be present to witness the ascent of Jehovih's Brides and Bridegrooms.
3. God did as commanded, and on the day of the appearance of Nista, daughter of Jehovih, in her sun-ship, in the firmament, there were assembled in Hored countless millions of souls inspired of Jehovih.
4. Great was the rejoicing and the manifestations of delight when the sun-ship came in full view, descending, like a world on fire. And when she passed Chinvat and was fully within the earth's vortex, the enthusiasm of the people knew no bounds.
5. They sang, and prayed, and danced, and clapped their hands, as if mad with delight. Meantime the Brides and Bridegrooms had been arrayed in etherean white, and were now saluting those whom they were soon to leave.
6. Quietly the etherean hosts filled their part in the great play of the immortal resurrection; very Gods and Goddesses in demeanor.
7. Nearer and nearer came Nista in her sun-ship, slowly turning and descending, with ten thousand curtains suspended and waving; and ten times ten thousand banners and flags waving above and around.
8. And then slowly down, lower and lower, till the airavagna rested on the plateau of Hored, to the south of the Temple of Jehovih.
9. Gussitavi, marshaless to the throne of Sue, in Izaracha, with ten thousand deputies, went forward, and with open arms received Nista, Goddess descended, saluting with the sign of the star and square, having been warm friends two hundred thousand years in the plains of Oayad, in the etherean es'tu of Hi'dan, the spiritual centre of the orbit of the great serpent when in Zagagowthaka.
10. The es'enaurs of both hosts were chanting, and the angels of the airavagna coming forth in hundreds of thousands, to be saluted by the previously trained Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih and by the hosts of Sue, the etherean laborers.
11. And when Nista came up to the throne, God and great Sue rose up amidst the light, now fast gathering as a mantle of brilliant fire over the place of council.
12. Sue said: All hail, O Nista, Jehovih's Daughter. God said: In Jehovih's name, welcome, O Nista. To which Nista answered, saying: By the Wisdom and Power of Jehovih, O my beloved!
13. And Sue and God parted, and Nista ascended and sat in the midst of the throne. After the ceremonies of salutation Nista said: Let the Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih approach the throne of God.
14. The marshals then ushered them to their places, a thousand millions, and the swift messengers bounded them on all sides, so that the responses should be uniform and as if spoken by one person. Whereupon Nista spake from the throne, and the Brides and Bridegrooms responded in the usual form of Gods and Goddesses, and then took the necessary vows and renunciations of the earth and lower heaven, according to Jehovih's commandments.
15. When the ceremonies were finished, God proclaimed one day of recreation, which was participated in joyously by upward of four thousand million souls.
16. So, on the next day, Nista and her hosts, with the thousand millions of Brides and Bridegrooms, entered the airavagna, amidst the cheers and weeping of millions of atmosphereans, who had never witnessed so grand a spectacle.
17. And then Nista, by the power of the Great Spirit, set her ship in motion; raised it up from the lower heaven; moved it upward by her command, saying: Arise! arise! Airavagna! By my will, arise! Embrace thou the realms of Great Jehovih! Arise.
18. The es'enaurs and trumpeters were singing and playing; and those ascending threw down flowers and perfumes, and all manner of pleasant remembrances, to the countless millions below.
19. In a little while the airavagna disappeared in high heaven.
20. This, then, is what followed of Sue's ministration, to wit: When the end of dan'ha had come, that is, the six years, he delivered God and his Lords and another thousand millions of Brides and Bridegrooms, taking them into the extreme borders of Izaracha, where was assigned the a'ji'an field of Rus'tsoo with twelve etherean worlds.
21. And Sue left T-hi, as the anointed God of the lower heaven for the next four hundred years. And God (T-hi) anointed Lords for the divisions of the earth, the same as had been heretofore. And the earth and heaven prospered, so that in the dan following there were raised up two thousand million Brides and Bridegrooms.
22. From this time on there was a decrease in the etherean harvests for two thousand years, after which time there came great darkness on the earth and heaven belonging to it; and self-Gods filled all atmospherea. And, as for Lords, there rose up in every nation on the earth thousands and thousands, so that men and angels knew not if there were a true God or true Lord in all the universe.
23. Thus ended the cycle of Sue, being three thousand and two hundred years.
Index to Oahspe