2. I hear Thy voice, O Jehovih; Thy hand is upon me; in Thy Wisdom and Power will I build the foundations of Thy kingdom in these heavens.
3. Jehovih said: Call forth thy Rapon hosts, thy companion Chiefs; build thy throne broad for them and thee. And shape thou the area of the capital and stand thy high Council, the chosen millions, to the four quarters of the heavens of the earth.
4. The legions then fell to and built a heavenly place unto Jehovih, and called it Yogannaqactra, home of Lika and his eight hundred millions.
5.Jehovih called out of the light of the throne which Lika built, saying: Lika, My Son, thou shalt build all things new on the earth and in the heavens of the earth, even as if nothing had ever been. Send thou thy messengers in an otevan to the broken-down region of My beloved, God of Craoshivi, and bring him and his thousand attendants unto thy place.
6. Thereupon an otevan was sent off, well officered, and in due time it returned, bringing God to Yogannaqactra, where he was received with great joy, and greeted in Jehovih's name.
7. Lika said: Speak thou, O God,for I am come to deliver these heavens into Jehovih's dominion. What are the light and the darkness of the heavens and the earth that have been intrusted to thy keeping, in Jehovih's name?
8. God said: Alas, how can I speak? Behold, my kingdoms are scattered and gone; I have nowhere any pride in anything I have done in heaven and earth. An exceeding great darkness came upon my people, for a thousand and five hundred years! Thy servants have been overpowered, helpless and tossed as chaff before the wind.
9. Lika said: How many Gods? How many dans of darkness? Whither are gone My true Gods?
10. God said: Four Gods are risen to etherea with their hosts, heart-broken, true Gods. Four dans have come and gone; so weak and small, like a breath of air, for the darkness brushed them away. In Savak-haben, in etherea, sojourn thy Gods.
11. Jehovih's light fell upon the throne, and His Voice came out of the light, saying: Send thou, O My Son, Lika, to Savak-haben, four arrow-ships, with a hundred thousand attendants for My true Gods, and bring them to Yogannaqactra.
12. Lika then sent four arrow-ships with his swift messengers and a hundred thousand attendants, to bring back the four disconcerted Gods.
13. God said: Thousands of millions of angels of darkness flood the hadan regions; and as many grovel about on the low earth. De'yus, the false Lord God, is cast into hell, a hell so wide that none can approach his place of torment. Te-in, the fase God, the Joss, is also cast into hell; and so is Sudga, the false Dyaus; and so are all the false Gods that encompassed the earth around; their kingdoms are in anarchy.
14. The names Lord, and God, and Dyaus, and De'yus, and Zeus, and Joss, and Ho-Joss, and many others, have become worshipful on the earth! Not only labored the traitors to put away the Great Spirit, but to establish themselves as men-Gods capable of creating; yea, the veritable Creator of heaven and earth!
15. Lika said: Hear thou, then, the Voice of Jehovih! Because they have put Me aside and assumed to be Creators under the name God, and De'yus, I will magnify the Person of God and De'yus in men's understanding.
16. Nor from this time forth on the earth, for three thousand years, shall man be confined to the one name, Jehovih, or Eolin, or Eloih, but worship God, or Lord, or De'yus, or Zeus, or Dyaus, or Joss, or Ho-Joss. For since these men have cast themselves into hells, behold, the spirits of the risen shall not find them nor their kingdoms. And thou shalt magnify unto mortals that all names worshipful belong to the Ever Present, whose Person is the spirit and substance of all things. And if they inquire of thee: Who is Dyaus? or, Who is God? or, Who is Joss? thou shalt say: Hath He not said: Behold, I am the Creator of heaven and earth! and I say unto you, He is the Ever Present, the All Highest Ideal.
17. But this bondage shall come upon them: To reap the harvest they have sown. Because one hath said: Build thou a pyramid, and thy God will come and abide therein, even as a man dwelleth in a house; he shall be bound while the pyramid standeth. And another hath said: Behold, thy God is in the image of a man, and he sitteth on a throne in heaven; he shall be bound while this belief surviveth on the earth.
18. Because they have sown a falsehood on the earth, the harvest is theirs. And until they have reaped their whole harvest they shall not rise into My etherean worlds.
2. I suffer not evil to triumph over good but for short seasons; and, soon or late, My righteous Sons and Daughters, raise up and rejoice in their trials which I suffered to come upon them. Let not men or angels say, because this or that happeneth: Lo, Jehovih sleepeth at his post! or: lo, Jehovih is the author of evil, or is impotent to avert it.
3. My times are not as the times of men or angels; nor am I within the judgment of men as to what is evil or good. When the wealth of the rich man is stolen, do not mortals say: Poor man, Jehovih hath afflicted him! For they judge Me by what they consider afflictions. But they behold not that I look to the soul of man as to what is good for him. And when the assassin hath struck the king unto death, behold, they say: How hath a good Creator done this? For they consider not the nation nor the problem of anything but for the day thereof; nor consider they what I do for the souls of many nations, by one small act.
4. For all people in heaven and earth are Mine own; they are as trees in My orchard, and I prune them not for the life of the branches, but for benefit of the whole orchard, and for the harvest that cometh after.
5. I created life, and I take away life; in Mine own way do I with Mine own. I send night to follow the day; clouds to interchange with the sunshine. And even so do I give times of dan to My atmospherean heavens, to be followed by seasons of darkness.
6. By these changes do mortals and angels and Gods learn to battle with and overcome the elements of My worlds.
7. The true Gods said: We weep before Thee, O Jehovih. Long and hard we labored our allotted seasons; we were helpless witnesses to the great darkness that came upon the inhabitants of heaven and earth.
8. Lika said: To you five, true Gods, who have toiled in the darkness of the earth and her heavens, I restore your old time names for the season of dawn, after which I will raise you all up, with your kingdoms restored to the full, and ye shall be heirs in my Nirvanian heavens, in peace and rest.
2. When they came to the place designated, Lika continued: Take my crown upon thy head, and speak thou in Jehovih's name in that labor which I put upon thee, Jehovih in Ane, Jehovih in Jek, Jehovih in Lay, Jehovih in Oal, Jehovih in Yith.
3. And thereupon Lika crowned them with a band on the head, inscribed, Inane, Injek, Inlay, Inoal, and Inyith, Panic names designating their rank and the age of the earth in which these things came to pass.
4. Lika said: To each and every one I give of my etherean hosts ten million laborers for the period of dawn. And these are the labors I allot unto you: To Inane, to go down to the earth, to the land of Vind'yu, and be inspirer unto my mortal son, Capilya, and his followers. To Inlay, to go down to the earth, to the land of Jaffeth, and be inspirer unto my son, Chine, and his followers. To Inoal, to go down to the earth to the land of Egupt, and be inspirer to my son, Moses, and his followers. And ye three shall restore the Faithists in these great divisions of the earth unto liberty and safety. And thou, Inoal, shalt deliver Moses and the Faithists out of Egupt, and shape their course westward; for they shall circumscribe the earth, and complete it by the time of kosmon.
5. To Injek, to go down to the earth, to Parsi'e and Heleste, and provide those peoples to liberate the slaves who are Faithists, whom thou shalt inspire to migrate to Moses and his people. To Inlay, to go down to the earth, to Jaffeth and Vind'yu and Arabin'ya, to inspire the scattered Faithists in those lands to come together, to the great lights, Capilya and Chine and Moses.
6. And ye shall take with you of my hosts, whom I brought from etherea, and labor ye together as one man. And when dawn hath ended, ye shall repair hither, and be raised up unto my Nirvanian kingdoms. Nevertheless, ye shall not leave Jehovih's chosen alone, but provide angel successors unto them. And herein I give you a new law unto all my angel hosts who shall hereafter dwell with the Faithists on the earth, which is, that successors shall always be provided by the retiring hosts ere they have departed; for the Faithists shall not more be left alone for a long season.
7. The chosen five then said: In Thy name and wisdom and power, O Jehovih, we go forth in joy to fulfill Thy commandments. Because we lost the earth Thou hast given it into our hands to redeem it and glorify Thee!
8. And thereupon Lika proclaimed a day of recreation, so the hosts could be selected, the fifty millions, to which labor the marshals fell to, helping the chosen.
9. During the recreation, the atmosphereans explained to the ethereans how laid the lands of the earth and the heavens thereunto belonging. And then, after a season of prayer and singing, and a season of dancing, the recreation was brought to a close.
10. After labor was resumed, the chosen five, with their hosts, saluted before the throne of Jehovih, and then withdrew and went to vessels which had been previously prepared for them, and embarked, and departed for the earth.
2. Then Lika appointed T'chow, N'yak, Gitchee, Guelf, Ali and Siwah, and allotted them to different divisions of the earth, and he gave them each ten millions of the hosts brought from the Orian worlds. And these were selected after the same manner as the previous ones; and they also saluted and departed for the earth.
3. Again Jehovih spake in the light of the throne, saying: Because many are risen in wisdom and truth, I will have Theovrahkistan for My holy place unto them; and it shall be the region for My Brides and Bridegrooms at the resurrection of dawn. But at the end thereof it shall be divided and sub-divided that none may find the place of My standing. For it hath come to pass, that man on the earth learning the name of one of My heavens glorifieth it, and aspireth to rise to it, but to rise to no other heaven.
4. Because My true Gods taught man of Hored in the early days, man desired Hored. Whereupon Mine enemies, the false Gods, each one cried out: Behold, my heavenly place is Hored! I am the All Heavenly ruler! Come hither to me! For, by this means, the name I gave in truth, was usurped and made as a snare to enslave my earth-born.
5. And I will not more give to mortals a name of any of My heavenly places; nor shall they be taught of any heavens save the higher and the lower heavens, which shall designate My etherean and My atmospherean heavens. And by these terms shall man on the earth be fortified against the strategems of false heavenly rulers.
6. And man shall perceive that when angels or men or Gods or Saviors say: Come ye unto me, and I will give you of my heavenly kingdom! that they are false, and but tyrants to enslave My people. But if they say: Go ye, serve the Great Spirit, and not me, for I am only a man as thou art! then shall it be known that they are of My Nirvanian hosts.
7. And if they say: Come ye to this heaven or that heaven, for with me only is delight, it shall be testimony against them. But if they say: Verily, Jehovih is with thee; cultivate thyself within Him, and thou shalt find delight in all worlds, then shall it be testimony they are from My emancipated heavens.
8. Lika said: Seventy new kingdoms shall ye found in the lowest heaven, where ye shall begin again with schools and colleges and factories, teaching the spirits of the dead the requirements for resurrection.
9. Two hundred millions of my Orian angels shall be allotted to these seventy heavenly places, and during dawn it shall be their work to carry out these commandments. And they shall provide for successors after them, who shall continue for another season; and they shall provide yet other successors, and so on, even till the coming of the kosmon era.
10. Lika then selected the two hundred million angels, and divided them into seventy groups and companies around about the earth, in the lowest heaven, and after they were duly officered and organized, they saluted before the throne of Jehovih and departed to their several places.
11. Then came the voice of Jehovih to Lika, saying: Behold, of thy five hundred millions, are still left one hundred and seventy and five millions. This, then, is the work thou shalt put upon them: They shall begin at one end of hada and go to the other, delivering all the hells of the false Gods as they go; untying the knots thereof and providing passage for the drujas into one great plateau. For as the false Gods began in confederacy I will bring them back into confederacy, even all of them that are cast into hell. And thou shalt officer them safely; and when they are thus established, behold, thou and thy Rapon hosts shall go and raise them up and deliver them into the a'ji'an Forest of Turpeset, where they shall be habitated and begin a new life of righteousness and love.
12. And Anuhasaj, once-crowned Lord God, shall be over them; and Osiris and Sudga and Te-in and all the other confederated Gods shall be under him; for even as these Gods labored to cast Me out, behold, I give unto them their harvest.
13. Then Lika commissioned the one hundred and seventy-five million ethereans, and officered them, and sent them into the hadan regions of the earth to deliver the hells thereof.
14. Jehovih said to Lika: The rest of thy eight hundred millions shall remain in Theovrahkistan, for the labor here is sufficient for them. And so they remained.
2. And it thus came to pass that Ahura came to Theovrahkistan, where he was most honorably received and saluted under the Sign Morning of Jehovih's Light, and he in turn answered in the Sign My Words shall serve His Sons and Daughters!
3. Accordingly, Lika came down from the throne and greeted Ahura, saying to him: Come thou, then, and stand in the midst of the throne, that thy voice may delight the Holy Council.
4. So Ahura ascended the throne, along with Lika, and when the latter sat down, then Ahura walked to the midst and saluted the Holy Council with the Sign Fire and Water, and he spake, saying:
5. Because Thou, O Jehovih, hast called me in the Sign of the Morning of Thy Light, behold, I am risen up before Thee, to speak to Thy Sons and Daughters.
6. But how shall I clear myself, O Father! I am as one who had a hidden skeleton, and the place of concealment broken down. Because I was by Thee created alive in the world, why should I not have forever glorified Thee? This have I asked myself all the days of my life; but Thou troublest not to answer me in my curiosity.
7. When I was young in life, lo, I cried out unto Thee, complaining because Thou madest me not wise. I said: Behold, Thou createdst all the animals on the face of the earth to know more than I in the day of birth. Yea, I knew not where to find suck, nor could I raise up on my feet, but laid as I was laid down by my nurse.
8. Even to the lambs and the calves and the young colts, Thou gavest greater wisdom and strength than Thou gavest Thy servant. I said: Why, then, shall I glorify Thee or sing songs in Thy praise? Why shall I pray unto Thee; Thy ways are unalterable and Thy Voice answereth me not.
9. Thou art void as the wind; Thou art neither Person, nor Wisdom, nor Ignorance. And as for Thy servants, who say they hear Thy Voice, behold, they are mad! I said: How can a man hear Thee? It is the reflection of himself he heareth. How can a man see Thee? It is the reflection of himself he seeth.
10. And Thou sufferedst me to become strong, as to strength, and wise as to self, even as I had called unto Thee in my vanity. Yea, I prided myself in myself; and as to Thee, I sought to disprove Thee on all hands. And the worthlessness of prayer unto Thee I showed up as a great vanity. Yea, I craved wisdom for sake of showing Thou wert neither wise nor good. And to this end Thou also gavest unto me. And I became conceited in hiding my conceit, even from mine own understanding, that I might carry all points.
11. I pointed to the fool, saying: Behold, Jehovih's son! I pointed to the desert place, saying: Behold, Jehovih's fruitful earth! To the mountain which is rocks and barren, saying: Behold, how Jehovih hath finished His work! And of the evil man, who murdereth his brother, I said: Jehovih, good in one thing, good in all!
12. But I knew not the hand that was upon me; Thou wert answering my prayer every day. Yea, I ventured to judge Thee with my eyes, and my ears, and my own understanding. In the place I stood I judged Thee and Thy works, O Jehovih! And the craft of my speech won applause; by flattery was I puffed up. And I deemed my judgment the right one; and whoso saw not as I saw, I condemned or pitied; yea, I craved great speech that I might show them up in their folly.
13. And in this Thou also answeredst me by giving freely; and my words were reckoned great words and wise. And I was quoted and praised far and near. Yea, and I practiced good works that I might show unto others that, even in such like, a belief in Thee was vanity and a waste of judgment.
14. Yea, I craved means and great treasures that I might render good unto others, in order that mine own philosophy might seem the highest of the high. And even in this Thou renderedst unto me great treasures and ample means; and by my good works done unto others I was applauded as a great and good God above all others.
15. I craved a heavenly kingdom that I might prove my great wisdom and power unto thousands of millions; for I pitied them that I thought foolishly dwelt in darkness in regard to Thee. And even yet Thou, O Jehovih, didst not cut me off; but gavest me a great kingdom of seven thousand millions!
16. And I taught them my philosophy, that there was nothing above them; that Thou, O Jehovih, sawest not, heardst not, answeredst not. Yea, I made my will all-powerful that I might cut them off from Thee. But alas for me.
17. I had been as the sylph of old who stole into the musical instruments and put them out of tune. My kingdom was divided into seven thousand million philosophers, every one mad in his own conceit, and in a different way. There was no harmony amongst them. Yea, they were a kingdom of growlers and cursers! I had carried away the tuning fork, for I had cast Thee out, O Jehovih! Mine own philosophy had done it all.
18. Because I set myself up as the All Highest, thou didst indulge me; and I became the highest God of my people. Yea, they cast their plaudits on me at first, but afterward all their ills and their curses. Neither could I satisfy them in anything in heaven or earth; nor could I turn them off from me, for I had bound them unto me by my great promises.
19. I became as one in a cloud, because of the great trouble upon me and the fear withal. And yet Thou, O Jehovih, didst not forget me; but sent Thy Gods' words unto me, imploring me what to do, that I might be delivered in season. But how could I hear thee, O Jehovih, or hearken unto Thy Gods? Behold, my pride had swallowed me up, I was encompassed on every side. Because I had denied Thee before I must deny Thee still.
20. Then greater darkness came upon me; Thy light was obstructed by the walls I had built up against Thee! Then came the crash, as if heaven and earth were rent asunder! I was cast into the chasm; my kingdom was upon me! The leadership and vanity I had sown had cast me into hell! I was in death, but could not die!
21. A knot was bound upon me; foul-smelling slaves were clinched upon me, millions of them, tens of millions; and the shafts of their curses pierced my soul; I was as one lacerated and bound in salt; choked and suffocated with foul gases. But yet, Thou, O Jehovih, didst not desert me; but did hold my judgment from flying away into chaos.
22. And Thy Voice came to me in the time of my tortures; came as the argument of the Most High! It was like myself that spake to myself, saying: He that forever casteth away all things, can never be bound in hell; he that craveth and holdeth fast, is already laying the foundation for torments.
23. And I cried out unto Thee, O Jehovih, saying: O that I had possessed nothing! Nor talents, nor craft, nor philosophy. That I had told these wretches to go to Thee, O Jehovih! O that I had told them, Thou alone couldst bless them, or supply them! But I sought to lead them, and lo, they are upon me!
24. O that I could be freed from them. That I could turn about in an opposite way from my former years; having nothing, craving nothing, but a right to serve Thee, O My Father!
25. Thou didst send Thy Gods into the depths of hell, and they delivered me. And I made oath unto Thee, O Jehovih, to serve Thee forever. And Thou gavest me labor, and I bowed myself down to labor for Thy drujas, with all my wisdom and strength forever! And Thy hand came upon me and gave me great power; power even over mine own soul to create happy thoughts.
26. Why should I not praise Thee, O my Father? Thou gavest me liberty in all my ways, and didst answer me according to my desires. Neither once hast Thou turned away from me nor afflicted me; but because of mine own vanity I cut myself off from Thee. Yea, Thou hast shown me that to glorify Thee is the foundation of the highest happiness; to sing to Thee is the greatest delight; to praise Thee is te highest wisdom.
27. Hereat Ahura halted in his speech a while, and, still standing in the midst of the throne, burst into tears. Presently he said:
28. Anuhasaj was my good friend. He it was who since took the name De'yus, and, afterward, proclaimed himself the Creator. I weep in pity for him. He is in hell now!
29. He was my best friend in the time of my darkness. And after I was delivered out of hell, he came and labored with me, full of repentance and love. Oft we rested in each other's arms. Afterward, he traveled far and near in Thy great heavens, O Jehovih.
30. And when he returned to this earth's heavens he came not to see me. And I was broken-hearted because of my great love for him. Then he founded his heavenly place and called it Hored. And I called out to Thee, O Jehovih, as to what message I should send him, for I foresaw his kingdom would be broken up and himself ultimately cast into hell.
31. And Thou gavest me liberty to send him a message in mine own way. And in the anguish of my broken heart I sent him a message, saying, in substance: I have no longer any love for thee! And I chid him and upbraided him because he came not to see me, to gratify my burning love. And I foretold him the great darkness and the hell that would come upon him, even as they now are.
32. Now do I repent, O Jehovih, that I sent him such a message! For near two thousand years my message hath been to me as if I swallowed a living coal of fire!
33. Ahura ceased. Lika spake, saying: Because thou hast plead for De'yus, thou hast turned the etherean hosts to him. To thee I allot the restoration of De'yus, alias Anuhasaj. My hosts will in the proper time take thee to the hell where he is bound, and thou shalt be the first to receive him.
34. Lika then proclaimed a day of recreation, for there were millions of ethereans who desired to meet Ahura and greet him with love and praise.
2. Let us go about, and examine the earth and her heavens. It is proper that my surveyors measure her land and water, together with all the living thereon and therein, and especially as to every man and woman and child, and the time of maturity unto them, and the years of the generations of men.
3. And man that is brought forth out of the earth shall be numbered; and the grade of his understanding measured; and the nature of his desires and aspirations shall be ascertained; which reports shall be copied and sent into the Orian kingdoms, for the deliberations of the Chiefs, that they may determine as to the requirements of the earth, and as to the nature in which her roadway shall be strewn with either light or darkness for the ultimate perfection of her soul harvests.
4. And the heavens of the earth shall be measured, as to the spirits of the dead; and their grades shall be made out, together with their desires and aspirations; the lengths of the times of their bondage to the earth, and the places of their habitation, and the nature of their supplies. And a copy of such record shall be made and also sent to the Orian Chiefs for their deliberations.
5. And the plateaux of the earth's heavens shall also be numbered and measured, and their localities mapped out and recorded, and copies thereof also sent to the Orian Chiefs, that they may determine as to necessary changes therein and thereof.
6. During which time of my absence from Theovrahkistan, I appoint Havralogissasa as vice-Goddess in my place. How sayest thou, Havralogissasa? She said: Jehovih's will and thine be done. I am rejoiced.
7. Lika then called Havralogissasa to the throne, and commissioned her vice-Goddess of Theovrahkistan. And after this Lika gave instructions as to extending the capital, Yogannaqactra, and enlarging the places for reception of the higher grades; all of which were duly provided with the persons to carry out the commands.
8. And now Lika spake to Ahura, saying: Behold, thou shalt return to thy kingdom, Vara-pishanaha, for when I come thither on my journey, I will resurrect thy hosts as Brides and Bridegrooms to the etherean kingdoms. Thy labor is well done; thy glory is the glory of thousands of millions! May the love, wisdom and power of Jehovih be with thee, now and forever!
9. Thereupon Ahura saluted, and was in turn saluted, when he advanced and met the marshals, who conducted him hence, to the arrow-ship, where he embarked and departed.
2. Sufficient unto the earth is the history thereof; and the maps of land and water; and the number of inhabitants; and the living creatures upon the earth and in the waters thereof; which are in the libraries of the earth. Therefore, suffice it that the revelations of the heavens upon the face of the earth, which records are in the libraries of heaven, shall be disclosed before the generations of men from the records of Lika, Son of Jehovih.
3. This, then, is a synopsis of the atmospherean heavens at that time, to wit: In the hells of Hored, with Anuhasaj, alias De'yus, forty thousand million angels.
4. In the hells of Te-in, eight thousand millions; in the hells of Sudga, twelve thousand millions; in the hells of Osiris, seventeen thousand millions.
5. In the smaller hells in other parts of hada, there were in all fourteen thousand million angels.
6. These ninety-one thousand millions were not all bound in their respective hells; upward of thirty thousand millions of them surged about, from one hell to another, often in groups of a thousand million.
7. And these groups, at times, descended to the earth, fastening upon mortals, even casting large cities and nations in death. Because they carried the foulness of their hells with them, they impregnated the air with poison, so that mortals were swept off by the million. And these were called plagues.
8. Lika said: Behold, I will give a new grade to these heavens for a season. From this time, such angels shall be known as being in the first resurrection. But spirits who have quit their old haunts, and joined organic associations, being enlisted in companies, either for labor or for receiving heavenly instruction, shall be known as being in the second resurrection. And such spirits as have attained to etherean grades, being Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih, and having ascended beyond atmospherea into the etherean worlds, shall be known as being in the third resurrection.
9. Such angels as engraft themselves on mortals, becoming as a twin spirit to the one corporeal body, shall be known as re-incarnated spirits. But where such spirits usurp the corporeal body, as of an infant, growing up in the corporeal body, and holding the native spirit in abeyance, such spirits shall be known as damons (which was the origin of that name).
10. Spirits who inhabit mortals in order to live on the substance mortals eat and drink, and oft absorbing the strength and life of mortals, shall be known as uzians (vampires). Nevertheless, these shall not include fetals.
11. All the foregoing, who are not in the way of resurrection, shall be called drujas.
12. Now, behold, there were millions of angels in those days who knew no other life, but to continue engrafting themselves on mortals. And, when one mortal died, they went and engrafted themselves on another.
13. These were the fruit of the teaching of the false Gods, who had put away the All Highest, Jehovih. They could not be persuaded that etherea was filled with habitable worlds.
14. And they professed that they had been re-incarnated many times; and that, previously, they had been great kings or philosophers.
15. Some of them remembered the ji'ay'an period of a thousand years, and, so hoped to regain their natural bodies and dwell again on the earth, and forever. Hence was founded the story that every thousand years a new incarnation would come to the spirits of the dead.
16. Lika said: Such spirits as come to mortals purposely to inflict them with pain or misfortune shall be called evil spirits.
17. And when they go in groups, having a leader, that leader shall be called beelzebub, that is, captain of evil (prince of devils). (And this was the origin of that word.)
18. In Parsi'e and Heleste there were habited with mortals one thousand million damons, and one twelve hundred million evil spirits. In Egupt there were inhabited with mortals seven hundred million engrafters (re-incarnated spirits), who, for the most part, held the spirits of their victims in abeyance all their natural lives.
19. In Jaffeth there were habited with mortals more than fifteen hundred millions of damons and evil spirits, besides four hundred million vampires. So that in these three great divisions of the earth, Vind'yu, and Jaffeth, and Arabin'ya, there were habited upward of ten thousand million spirits who had not attained to any resurrection.
20. Besides all the foregoing there were thousands of millions of spirits in chaos, being such as had been slain in wars. Of these chaotic spirits there were in Parsi'e and Heleste a thousand millions; and in Jaffeth two thousand millions; and in Vind'yu two thousand millions. But in Egupt there were not half a million, all told.
21. So that, in atmospherea, at the time of Lika, there were upward of one hundred and twenty-five thousand million angels, who had no knowledge of or belief in any higher heaven.
22. To offset this great darkness, there were of believers in, and laborers for Jehovih and his emancipated kingdoms, only four thousand millions, and many of these were not above grade fifty. And these were members of Craoshivi and Vara-pishanaha.
23. Two thousand million of them were ashars, laboring with the Faithist mortals of Egupt, Jaffeth and Vind'yu.
Index to Oahspe