1. Alphabetical sounds, Panic and Chine.
2. Gin, river. Woo, small lake. Long, large lake. Oak, house. Chan, city. Shan, country. F'da, the earth. Gwo, sun-light. Fung, wind. Dan, light, human understanding. Git'how, sun. Git, moon. Salock, stars. Fuche, the firmament.
3. M'bow, horse. Gow, cow. Gan, man. Du'gan, woman. Ji, boy. Du'ji, girl. Aden, sky. G'shan, life. Sa, death. Da, ground. Shak, rock. Foam, wind. Soo, square. Inq or inqu, round.
Plate 71--TABLET OF KII.
4. Gui or gu, street. Loo, road. Him, sweet. Soap, sour. Bai, sick. Eah, cure. Sam-shot, war. Du'ga, sword. Bek, weapon. Fox-ow, spear. So, dart, a stone, a sling. Em, to go before.
5. Hid, interview. Hout, dissatisfied. Work, spinal. Bow'mi, Goddess of cattle. Son or songa, one who gives alms grudgingly. Shawn or shon, a stone-cutter. Shaw, a servant. Go'ta, a plowman. Chon'gum, flax. Hark, dark. Kin, roots, edibles. Hoe or hoa, pressure. M'how, priestess.
6. Git'oo, light ahead, the way is clear. Wa'sha, darkness ahead, a melancholia. Seang, a river ford, a passage. Chin, a great ruler. Gone, pertaining to untruth, romance, fable. Gaup, a hostler, a lover of the turf; one who lives indecently with beasts. Show (o short), decline, falling or fallen. Gwo'oa, to weave, to make cloth, also cloth, a covering, a poet, one who clothes things. Min'bon, salutation, a prayer, supplication, especially standing. Kii, truth, a tribe called Kii, a religious tribe on the continent of Pan. An abused people are also Kii. Kii, learning, one who tries to understand. Gwom, sickness, a talisman. Laum, soil, a tiller, harvest, rich.
7. Lun, sleep, trance, somnambula, intoxicated. Hoo, a marshal, leader, organized, system. M'hoa or m'hoo, to shout. Baw, preach, sing. Di'sa, young and therefore foolish. Wa'shu, a tribe of hunters, serpent slayers, persons who feed on raw flesh. M'shu, makers of stone weapons, also stone weapons with handles, axes. Ken'ong or ben'ang, young healer of the sick, the gift of spirits. Chawnt, to sing a song, a monotonous sound of not more than three notes, continued from sunrise to sunset without ceasing. A method of inducing the trance state. C'yu, a lawyer, an arbiter; one who fills the place of both lawyer and judge (a modern referee). Hook, to make fast, a bond sworn on the sacred wheel, Eoin. So'che, epidemic, a scourge, a judgment.
8. Sai, faithful. Hon'yi, multitude, followers, rabble, fete of sacrifice. Sung'soup, miscellany, variety, a people who marry with strangers. Law, the feathered tribe, feathers. Shoe'ji, a gosling or young aquatic bird, a man who can not go to the hunt or to war without his mother; a shame-faced people. Shon, sharp, particularly witty, to cut right and left, evil prophecy. Bog'wi, a circus, an exhibition of trained animals, civilization, learning. M'wi, a tattling woman. Es, spirit, the unseen world. Es'fom, the wind that is good. Sa'fom, evil wind. Gut, a plague, a famine, black-rot, scabs, lepers.
Plate 72.--TABLET OF EMP'AGATU.
[Read from left to right. Refer to Tablet Se'moin for explanation in numbers and meaning.]
Sa'ga, 72. Pe, 58. Foi'su, 14, 21. Be, 74. Chu, 15. Fin, 16, 17, 10. His, 35, 19, 22. Te, 50, 69. Te, 62. Te, 54. Chok, 73. Mowth, 62, 120. Les, 85, 104.
Zei, 31. Ez or es, 3. Thus: Jehovih one, Corpor two, Es three, or third entity; the unseen, the air and ether. Go, 120, that that lifts up. Ego, 68. Muk, 88. Hiss, 19. Bo, 93. M'bo, 94, 17. Wot, the seasons. Zhe, 62. Kain, to kill. My, 55. Yim, 55, 5. N'os, 58, 25, 99.
Dawn, 42, 43, 44. Dan, 77. Git, 39. Git'don, 58, 70. Toe, 95. Hand, hand, X'hand, palmistry, 91. M'hand, pledge. Chaw, to scratch, treachery, 22, 89. N'sau, infidel. F'se, 62, 64, 65, 66. Roe, 90, 56.
Anube, 37, 24, 25. Fi, 54, 73. Jew or Ju, 75, 76, 47, 48. Sisu, 79. Ho'am, 81, 11. Rit, 23, 3. Lodge, 21, 78, 79, 80. Por, 28, 29, 59, 22. Cha'pop, 59. Umb, plumb, 28. Er, 25. Ya, 98.
Owif (Aleph), 1, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, a prefix. Fow, 67, 71. Die or D, 93, 94. B'dan or eb'dan, 17, 87. A'ye, 60, 68, 69. Eh's, 40, 37. Cep or see, ep, 9, 1. Un, deaf. F'uni, downward, earthly. More or mare, 10, 121, 49. S'ore, less. Thus, if a man be called mare, his picture would be called s'ore or s'are. Frew'd or frued, a working tool. Eigy, incomplete. Gan'd, 71. Hoo, 71.
Lo'tak, three in one. Qui, force, 7. Nqui, 86, desirous of light. Fi'bo or ti'ba, beast-like. Sam'do, 3, 43. Da'sam, the great lights, Jehovih, the sun and burning flame, and the three lesser lights, angels, mortals and beasts. X'sam, the three great and three less darknesses. Dan't, 24, 77, 39. Eo'dan, 87, 9, 72. Ose, 9, 116, 106. Tu, 78, 79, 38. Ka, 83, 13. Ha, 1, 32, 57. He, 17.
Dom, 7, 11, 47. All the world save the Great Spirit. Let any man enumerate the things thereof. Sam'aoms, 23, 70. Sig, 68, 58, 26, 27. G'ex, 41, 14, 18. D or dix, 4, 6, 67. But or bat, corner-stone. Li, beginning. Alef, especially laying a foundation for a house. Ga, an earthly house. Vil, invention. Sias, altar of incense, 72. Kiyi, faithful. Esk'gan, 3, 111. O, 2, sky. On'm or om, all things under the sky. All the corporeal world is a womb and the voice thereof is the sum of all. Ioo, the Mover of all.
Gan'iss, 22, 111. Sa, 41. Uss, 41, i.e., Sa'uss, all things are against all things. Why repineth my soul for peace and love, O Eolin? The four O's being the four entities, soul, peace, love and Eolin. Es'nau, spirit and love underlie all. Bil, 82. Me, 55, 20. Roar, a loud noise. Gan'bau, a man like a lion; when he speaketh others tremble. Gan'ben, a fallen foe. Gon, 118. Os'so, stone instruments. Ax, hatchet, a threat of war. Do'wa, 33. Qu'ag, food.
Ax'm, sword, knife. Dan'hiss, even in darkness, the light of the Father shines. Sue, His voice is in the birds. Ray, truth. Con or kon, low down. Jaf, that that unfoldeth the two great lights, Om and Jehovih. Owng, all growth cometh out of darkness. Hoa'u'in'u, 6, 78. Pi'su, earth-man and angel man. Who shall find the way for their coming together? Toi, time. Bek, 66. Sacx, harvest. W, all for man.
Index to Oahspe