2. In thee whom I made God over the earth and her heavens I am well pleased; by My hand hast thou raised them up; through thee have I maintained the Diva even unto this day.
3. Thou shalt have honor in My exalted heavens because thou art the first in Spe-ta; but thou shalt crown thy glory by descending to the earth and walking with mortals for the term of four years, even with My Son, Brahma. And when thy time is completed, I will come and deliver thee and Brahma.
4. In My name shalt thou raise thy voice and establish Me amongst men; and I will be with thee in Wisdom and Power. Take thy attendants and proceed to thy labor; in whatsoever thou desirest of Me, call, and I will answer, for I have messengers who shall labor betwixt us.
5. God then saluted, and withdrew. Next came Yima, and to him Jehovih spake, saying:
6. Being one with God, thou shalt labor even as he laboreth; and thou shalt descend to the earth, even to My corporeal Son, Po, who hath been prepared in My name, and with him shalt thou walk the earth four years. And thou shalt speak in My name, establishing Me amongst mortals, to the end that My chosen shall be delivered into My kingdoms. For thou shalt lead them away from the mortal kings, and teach them to know Me as their only King.
7. Take, then, thy attendants and go to thy labor, and at the end of four years I will appoint a successor to thee, and I will deliver thee into My etherean kingdoms.
8. Yima then saluted and stood aside. Next came Vishnu, renowned for his labor in Vind'yu and her heavens. To him Jehovih said:
9. Being one with God, thou shalt with him fulfill the completion of Spe-ta in My name. To which end thou shalt descend to the corporeal earth, even Arabin'ya, and dwell thereon for the period of four years, with My corporeal Son, Abram. With Abram shalt thou walk and sojourn day and night, speaking and laboring in Me as fully as My very Self. And thou shalt deliver My chosen away from the kings' peoples, teaching them to have no king but Me, their Creator. To Abram shalt thou reveal My name, Jehovih, and establish it in secret, with due rites and ceremonies. And at the end of four years will I appoint a successor to thee; and thee will I deliver into My emancipated worlds. Take, then, thy attendants and depart to thy labor, and I will be with thee in wisdom and power. Vishnu then saluted and stood aside.
10. Next came Os, sent by the etherean regions of Haot-saiti to deliver the kingdoms of Japan and Heleste and their heavens, but who was now relieved by the Divan successor. To Os Jehovih spake, saying:
11. In honor of thy volunteering in the days of darkness for the relief of God and his kingdoms, I now create thee God of the first Spe-ta of the red star, and crown thee with Mine Own hand.
12. And, lo and behold, even with these spoken words, a light descended in the form of a crown and settled upon his head. Thereupon Jehovih said: In which I have made thee a lawful Div with corporeal power.
13. And thou shalt descend to the corporeal earth, even to Guatama, and walk with My Son, Eawahtah, whom the loo'is have bred for My Voice, for the term of four years, sojourning with him day and night, gathering together the remnants of My lost tribes, and establishing them in faith of the Great Spirit, in My name, Egoquim, suitable to the utterance I have created them.
14. And at the end of four years I will appoint a successor to thee; and thee I will restore into My etherean worlds. Take, then, thy attendants and depart to thy labor, and I will be with thee in wisdom and power.
15. Then Os saluted and stood aside, and the Voice departed; then Cpenta-armij, on her own account, said: This hour, even now, I dissolve the Diva with honor and glory unto them. The kingdoms ye ruled over shall be my kingdoms during dawn; in the Father's name I assume them and their affairs. Peace and love and wisdom and power be with you all, amen.
16. The four inspiring Gods then departed, and in the outer circuit of Craoshivi they had in waiting, which their attendants had prepared beforehand, each one an otevan fully equipped and ready, into which they embarked, with their attendants, fifty thousand each. The musicians then saluted them, even as they moved off, severally, in direct lines for the earth.
17. Cpenta-armij then lowered the light a little, and her three visiting companions, Owks, Ha-o-ha and See-wah-Gon, sat near her on the throne, even before her etherean Council, five hundred millions.
18. Cpenta-armij said: I have visited the earth and her heavens, even her heavens on her very surface. By the power vested in me, I relieve from duty all Lords and Gods, and sub-Gods, and sub-Lords, on the earth and in the heavens of the earth. This my messengers will communicate to them, commanding them, in my love and wisdom, which are one with the Father, to come at once to Craoshivi, that I may honor them and apportion them for the third resurrection, which will occur in four years.
19. To the Lord-dom, Maitraias, founded by Vishnu, I appoint and allot Yugsaesu Lord, with thirty millions of my etherean hosts, to be chosen by himself. Let Yugsaesu come before me! Yugsaesu then came before Jehovih's throne, and Cpenta-armij said unto him: Repair thou unto Maitraias, taking thy hosts with thee. And when thou art come to the place, possess it in Jehovih's name, and order it after the manner of a Lord-dom, providing sub-kingdoms unto thy place as may be required.
20. And thou shalt have dominion over all angels that are already with the plateau of Maitraias, or such as may be hereafter sent to thee from the other heavenly divisions and from the earth. And thou shalt provide thy kingdom unto the service of the Father, chiefly to prevent angels returning to the earth to obsess and pollute mortals. For thou shalt find hundreds of millions of them who have no aspiration but destruction. Many of them were slain in wars on the earth, and are still seeking vengeance, and if escaping to the earth, obsess mortals to burn cities, and to murder, and to all manner of wickedness.
21. Thy labor, O Lord, is not to reform them or teach them, for I shall appoint and allot others to that end; but thou shalt labor wholly and entirely to prevent the return of Maitraisans to mortals. And that thou shalt be strong before them, thou shalt draw from all other heavenly kingdoms, which I shall found, a sufficient guard to enforce my commandments.
22. For four years shalt thou labor in this matter, and thou shalt also raise up one with thy Lord-dom, to be thy successor after thee. Take, then, thy hosts and go to thy labors, and the Father will be with thee in wisdom and power.
23. Yugsaesu then made his selections from Cpenta-armij's hosts, and they came and passed before Jehovih's throne, saluting, and then withdrew and went into a ship which had, likewise, been prepared for them by the proper persons, whose labor lies in that matter; and, having saluted with music, they departed, Yugaesu and his hosts, rejoicing.
24. Again Cpenta-armij spake, saying: Behold, the time is now come upon the earth when I will divide and allot unto each of its several great divisions heavenly kingdoms accordingly.
25. To Japan, because she is a remnant of the submerged continent, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Suasu.
26. To Jaffeth, because she has preserved much of the first language, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Hi-jee-tse.
27. To Vind'yu, because she is the most advanced in holiness of all the earth, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Vri-mij.
28. To Arabin'ya, because she is the foundation of Jehovih's migratory hosts who shall go forth around the earth, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Paradise.
29. To Heleste, because she was rescued from darkness by Os in time to meet this arc, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Spe-ta.
30. To Uropa, because she was first founded by a woman, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Himmel.
31. To South Guatama, because she is the least inhabited of all the great divisions of the earth, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Ahden.
32. To North Guatama, because she is the ground on which the circumscribing of the earth by the different nations shall take place, where the revelations of heaven and earth shall be made to man, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Kosmon.
33. To all the South Islands, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Flue.
34. To all the North Islands, I establish a heavenly kingdom, and it shall be called Sin-Yot.
35. Hereupon the light of Jehovih overspread Cpenta-armij, and His voice spake through her, saying: To My ten heavenly kingdoms which I have made through My Daughter, behold, I choose ten Lords, and My ten Lords shall go to the kingdoms I apportion unto them. In My name shall My Lords build unto Me ten heavenly places of delight, for the spirits of the dead that rise up from the earth.
36. And My Lords shall establish in My kingdoms places of learning and places of labor; places for the sick and helpless angels that arise up from the earth, that My Lords shall raise them up, to know Me and the glory of the worlds I have created for them; inspiring them to perfect themselves in wisdom and purity and power, that they may arise and inherit My etherean heavens.
37. And My Lords shall appoint ashars unto mortals at the time of their corporeal birth; and the said ashars shall be appointed in watch and watch, that they may relieve one another, having a time of labor and a time of rest. And My Lords shall so appoint My ashars that each and every ashar shall have a hundred changes of labor with a hundred different mortals, in order to learn all the varieties of men and women I have created. And the number of ashars shall be equal to the number of mortals dwelling on the earth.
38. And My Lords shall appoint asaphs to reside in heaven, sufficient in number to receive the spirits of all who die on the earth, which they shall receive from the ashars in My name. And the asaphs shall take such angels, thus received, and place them in the regions My Lords shall have prepared for them, where there shall be sufficient of teachers and nurses and physicians in My heavenly places to administer unto them.
39. And My Lords shall provide discipline to the spirits thus received, who shall be trained according to the Divan law which I established through My Gods, which shall extend beyond the es'yan even to the thirtieth grade.
40. And My Lords shall provide for them that have attained to the thirtieth grade to be sent in suitable ships to this place, Craoshivi, and deliver them to My daughter, Cpenta-armij, and to her successor, God or Goddess, who shall have dominion over the whole earth and her heavens.
41. For behold, it is the nature of man on the earth to go after earthly things instead of heavenly; and it is the nature of the es'yan to strive for the earth instead of My higher heavens. Be ye guarded, therefore, to lay a foundation to prevent angels and mortals from going downward; to provide inspiration to make them desire to ascend to My holy regions.
42. The Voice now departed, and Cpenta-armij spake on her own account in Jehovih's name, saying:
43. Whosoever I call, let them come before Jehovih's throne, for they shall be the Lords whom I shall anoint for the heavenly kingdoms I have established:
44. Le-tzoo, Lord of Suasu, a heavenly place over Japan.
45. Oe-wah, Lord of Hi-jee-tse, a heavenly place over Jaffeth.
46. Loo-gam, Lord of Vri-mij, a heavenly place over Vind'yu.
47. Ha-kappa, Lord of Paradise, a heavenly place over Arabin'ya.
48. Jes-Sie, Lordess of Spe-ta, a heavenly place over Heleste.
49. Yo-han, Lord of Himmel, a heavenly place over Uropa.
50. Hinot-tse, Lordess of Ahden, a heavenly place over South Guatama.
51. Ami, Lordess of Kosmon, a heavenly place over North Guatama.
52. Horam, Lord of Flue, a heavenly place over the Southern Islands.
53. Puetse, Lordess of Sin-Yot, a heavenly place over the Northern Islands.
54. All the angels named came before Cpenta-armij when called, and they now stood abreast Jehovih's throne, whereupon the All Light overspread the place, and the Father's Voice spake through Cpenta'armij, saying:
55. Ye are My Lords and Lordesses, by Me raised up and allotted your places. For four years shall ye labor, even to the end of this dawn; and ye shall provide successors to take your places after you. And herein lies your greatest glory and Mine. For they that succeed you shall hold dominion two hundred years. And they in turn shall provide successors after them, and so on, for these successions shall continue till the arc of Bon.
56. With Mine own hand weave I crowns, and crown you severally for my kingdoms!
57. When these words were spoken, the now fast gathering light, of a variety of colors, took the shape of ten separate crowns, and descended on the heads of the Lords and Lordesses. The Voice ceased, but Cpenta-armij spake on her own account, in Jehovih's name, saying:
58. My Lords and Lordesses, go to your labors in the love, wisdom and power of the Father, and He will be with you; and ye shall be a glory in His kingdoms. Choose ye, therefore, each and every one ten millions of my hosts, who shall go with you to your places, to be afterward exchanged or divided, as I may direct. That ye may choose in order, he who was first appointed shall choose first; the second next, and so on until ye have your chosen.
59. All these Lords and Lordesses were of the Higher Light, and knew beforehand, and had in like manner already chosen their attendants, so that at a given signal the multitudes thus chosen rose up and came before the throne, forming ten groups of ten millions each. And they at once formed in line and passed before Jehovih's throne, saluting in the sign, Birth of Spe-ta on the earth, and Cpenta-Armij answered in the sign, Jehovih and the lower heavens.
60. Cpenta-armij said: For the glory of this scene, I bequeath a day of rest, that my hosts may witness the departure of the fleets of Jehovih's Lords and Lordesses. At once the hosts joined in a mighty chorus of thanksgiving and praise; and they went without and saw the ships laden with the joyous crews; saw them set their great fleet in motion; sang and shouted to them in Jehovih's love, for the glory of His high heavens.
2. Ctusk, who hath become Ahura, a servant of Jehovih, and is now God of Ailkin by just judgment of Jehovih, desireth audience with the Most High-Raised Cpenta-armij, Daughter of the Great Spirit.
3. To this Cpenta-armij answered: Greeting, in love to my brother, Ahura. By the Grace and Power of Jehovih, come and see me, bringing thy attendants. Now, after the lapse of a few days, Ahura came to Craoshivi, attended by one million, escorted by music, and proclaimed according to the discipline of the higher heavens, with heralds and trumpeters. And Cpenta-armij's hosts received Ahura and conducted him and his hosts within the capital chamber; and Ahura went before Jehovih's throne, saluting on the sign, Second Plateau, and Cpenta-armij answered in Nirvanian Road, Salkwatka. She said:
4. In the name of the Great Spirit, Whose Daughter I am, I welcome thee in love and high esteem. I know all thy past record, and do look upon thee as the foundation of one of Jehovih's brightest suns. Long have I desired that thou shouldst petition to come to see me; and much desired I to see thee and greet thee in the Father's name.
5. Ahura said: O thou Most High Chieftainess, of hundreds of thousands of years, how can I stand before thee? I know thou hast seen many truants in thy day, and watched their course thousands of years. Thou canst see before me all that awaiteth me and mine; the past and the future are as an open book before thee. That I have stood before thee and looked upon thee, I am blessed above all things since the day of my birth.
6. Behold, the hand of the Great Spirit hath appeared before me; I comprehend the only road that leadeth on to everlasting resurrections; I know that the One All Person must ever stand as the key-note for angels and mortals. Without Him, a man is as a ship without a rudder; the seas around about him drive him to ruin in the end. Blessed is he who hath had the experience of this in an early day of his life. Nervous and full of fear is he who hath been tried two thousand years!
7. Then spake Cpenta-armij, saying: I perceive thy desires, O Ahura! I understand why thou art before me. Thy wisdom is great indeed. Thou perceivest that thy plateau is in the second removal from the earth. Thou fearest that some of thy hosts will forsake Jehovih, and usurp kingdoms of their own, even as thou didst in time past. Thou desirest me to raise thy plateau farther away from the corporeal earth.
8. Ahura said: If it be Jehovih's will, even for this purpose am I come before thee!
9. Now came a great light, bright, like a sun, and settled over the throne, enveloping the Goddess, Cpenta-armij, and Jehovih's Voice spake out of the light to Ahura, saying:
10. My Son, My Son, why hast thou so little faith! Behold, I am with thee even as with this, My Daughter. All thou lackest is faith. Go thou back to thy plateau and raise thou it thyself. My Daughter shall come to thee, and show thee, and thou shalt not fail. To have faith in Me is to be one with Me; to lack faith in Me is to be far removed from Me.
11. Ahura said: O Jehovih, teach Thou me how to begin to have faith. To find the beginning, there is my stumbling block!
12. Jehovih said: By trying Me, there is the beginning. By learning to know thine own power in Me; and to know My power in thee; this is the sum of all power and wisdom. By the lack of faith in Me, man setteth up himself; by the lack of faith in Me, the self-assuming Gods build kingdoms for themselves.
13. The failure of man is proof of My power; the failure of all kingdoms is proof of the lack of faith in Me, whereby My power is manifested over them. First, after the abjuring of self, cometh the constant manifestation of power through faith, the example of which holdeth the multitude to Me and My works.
14. Inasmuch as thou hast suffered fear in thy soul for a relapse in thy kingdom, thou hast opened the door for disaster. Have I not proved this on earth? --wherein the faith of a captain leadeth his soldiers on a victory, and his lack of faith breaketh them down in weakness. Think not, O Ahura, that My examples are less with My Gods.
15. If, therefore, My Daughter should come to thy kingdom and raise it up, behold, she would lessen thy hosts' faith in thee. For which reason thou shalt return to Ailkin, and proclaim to thy people that thou wilt raise thy plateau. And though millions of them will consider it vanity, and beyond thy power, behold, I will provide unto thee that thou shalt not fail.
16. Ahura said: I perceive Thy Wisdom, O Jehovih! That which Thou hast put upon me, I know I shall accomplish through Thee. The Voice departed, and Cpenta-armij spake on her own account, saying: Thou shalt proclaim a day for this great work; and thou shalt send invitations to me and my hosts, and to my Gods and Lords, Goddesses and Lordesses. Send thou, therefore, thy surveyors and inspectors, and determine whither thou wouldst raise thy plateau, and thou shalt be provided from my hosts whatever assistance thou mayst need.
17. Ahura then saluted, and he and his hosts departed without the capital chamber, where they rested awhile in recreation with the etherean hosts, and then they entered their ship and departed, and returned to Ailkin. After which Ahura appointed the day for the resurrection, and sent messengers throughout atmospherea, proclaiming what he would do, inviting Gods and Lords, with their attendants, to come and spend the day with him.
18. Jehovih spake to Cpenta-armij, saying: Send thou thy mathematicians to estimate the grade of Ahura's plateau; and send thy surveyors to the place he hath chosen, that thy hosts may know the power required; and provide thou from thine own hosts, privily, suitable stationers that Ahura shall not fail. For, in time to come, Ahura shall be one of My greatest of Gods.
2. Now there were with Ahura many who had been sub-Gods and were captains and generals under him whilst he was in rebellion against Jehovih and His kingdoms; and when they heard of the proclamation they said within their souls: What, is it possible Ahura is at his old games? For they knew not his concert with the kingdoms above, and so believed not in his power.
3. Jehovih moved upon Ahura, and induced him to send numerators and graders throughout his kingdom, to take the measure of those who had faith, and of those who had no faith; and of those who had neither faith nor non-faith. And these Ahura graded and numbered, so when the time came he should know where to place them. Then he numbered the unlearned and dumb; and then the enthusiastic; and he graded them and arranged them also.
4. When he had this much accomplished, there came to him one Anuhasaj, a former sub-God, and he said to Ahura, privily: I love thee, Ahura, and for that reason come before thee. Thou shalt meet only failure and disaster in thy undertaking. How many times, in thy mighty kingdom of Ctusk, didst the All High fail to come to thee?
5. Ahura said: Because of thy love I rejoice in thee; but because of thy lack in faith I deplore thee. How long will it be before angels and mortals understand the Father and His kingdoms? Behold, in the days of Ctusk I labored not for Jehovih, but for myself and my exaltation, and for the exaltation of my kingdom for mine own ends. Hence the All High came not to answer my prayers. Now, in this matter, I am doing that which is not for me, nor for my kingdom for mine own sake, but for the Father's sake only. And I know He will not fail me.
6. Anuhasaj said: Hath it not been from the time of the ancients till now, that certain ones say that by prayer and faith all things are possible, assuring us, moreover, that by such are all things accomplished in earth and in heaven? And yet, who hath not witnessed more failure than success? I do not desire to discourage thee, O Ahura, but I know so well the lack of faith on the part of all men, and that to get one's self weaned away from self is the weakest talent in the soul. And, for which reason, too, it is ultimately the greatest glory. But this would seem to me expedient: To have Cpenta-armij and her hosts do this resurrection for thee.
7. Ahura said: Even thine every thought have I already fulfilled. And through the Chieftainess came the Father's Voice, commanding me to do this resurrection on mine own account.
8. To this Anuhasaj made no reply, but in his soul he was not free from the tetracts, being jealous that Ahura had advanced him in obtaining the Father's commands. But Ahura perceived it not, and he said unto Anuhasaj: The hosts of Ailkin have been numbered, and there are four thousand millions and five hundred millions. And within the grades above es'yan there are one hundred and seventy thousand schools, two hundred and thirty thousand colleges, four hundred thousand factories, and two hundred thousand hospitals.
9. Behold, on the day of resurrection I shall have the Han-od-wotcha recreation for my hosts. Let this, then, be thy labor, to have the matter proclaimed throughout Ailkin. Anuhasaj said: By Jehovih's leave and thine, I am satisfied.
10. Thus ended the matter, and Ahura remembered afterward, that Anuhasaj had not answered positive acceptance, and so Ahura feared, and, to make doubly sure, called Evasan, and committed the same charge to him.
11. Now when the time came, lo and behold, Anuhasaj fulfilled not his part, but Evasan did; and Evasan, moreover, came to Ahura, bringing answers from all the departments.
12. In the morning of the day of the resurrection, Ahura sent for Anuhasaj and inquired concerning the matter. Anuhasaj said: Nay, I issued not thy proclamation nor thy invitation; for I reasoned on the matter, saying to myself: If the resurrection be a failure, then would it indeed be better that the ignorant know not of it.
13. Ahura said: To do well one's own part; is this not the highest? Anuhasaj said: It is the highest. Even so have I done that which seemed the highest in mine own sight.
14. Ahura said: The resurrection was not for thee nor for me, but for the hosts. For thou hadst previously admitted that the resurrection of this plateau was the highest, best thing to be done. Because it seemed impracticable in thy sight, thou wert not justified in withholding thy hand. Thou shouldst have striven to accomplish that which was for the universal good, not even whispering thy distrust to any one. Then, had it failed, thine own soul had been clear. For which reason Jehovih came to me, and I was so admonished to depute Evasan in thy stead, and he hath fulfilled my commands.
15. Anuhasaj made no reply, but went away in displeasure, and for the present the matter was dismissed.
16. Ahura had sent invitations to the Lords of all the divisions of the earth, asking them to come, bringing their attendants with them. Of these the following came, to wit: Oe-wah, Lord of Hi-jee-tse; Ha-kappa, Lord of Paradise; Loo-gam, Lord of Vri-mij; Jes-Sie, Lordess of Spe-ta; Ami, Lordess of Kosmon; Horam, Lord of Flue; and Puetse, Lordess of Sin-Yot, each bringing one million attendants, besides hundred of thousands of visitors of lower grade.
17. Cpenta-armij, with her visitors, Owks, and See-wah=Gon, and Ha-o-ha, and five million attendants, and five and thirty million visitors, from Craoshivi, came in an avalanza made for the purpose.
18. The place of removal which Ahura had decided to inherit was in the second belt below meteoris, known in atmospherea at that time as Vara-pishanaha, which laid betwixt the land of Vind'yu and the star-region known as the Horse and Cow and Calf Pastures, a heavenly place, uninhabited. From Ailkin to Vara-pishanaha was fourteen hours in grade twenty-five, which was the average of Ahura's hosts; but its enlargement in the upper belt would be as fifteen to nine.
19. Cpenta-armij and her hosts were the first to arrive in Ahura's dominion; for she had determined that nothing should lead to failure in Ahura's enterprise. Through her advice Ahura stationed water-bearers the entire distance of travel, lest, in the excitement, the drujas might run into knots or riot. For such is the nature of darkness, both on earth and in the lower heavens: the low delight to dwell in a city, or near a place of filth, if companionable, rather than go to a place of isolation where improvement is possible.
20. Jehovih had said to Ahura: Suffer not thy drujas to know thou wilt remove them so far from the earth; confide thou only with the wise in reference to thy destiny. Cpenta-armij had said to Ahura: Provide thy drujas a holiday in parade, with rites and ceremonies. And Ahura perceived how the matter had to be, and he apportioned eighty millions of his hosts to provide parades, rites and ceremonies for the drujas of his hosts, and of these drujas, ranking below grade five, there were one thousand millions and two hundred millions, being such angels as knew not the left hand from the right, nor could remember to count five from one day to the next. And yet the next thousand million, rating below grade twelve, knew so little more, they were scarcely wiser than beasts in the field.
21. Cpenta-armij, seeing these, exclaimed: O Jehovih, how long must Ahura labor with these in order to raise them to grade ninety-nine! O that they who set themselves up as Gods knew what lay before them! O that leaders of men knew! O that mortal kings and queens knew the bondage that they lay down for themselves! What a work in the lower heavens for them before they can ascend! And yet, O Jehovih, Thou art just. Some one must labor with these unfortunates. It is well that man aspireth to be king, and Lord and God.
2. Accordingly, the marshals drew the line on the plateau, and the hosts of etherea stood equally toward every corner, arranged in phalanxes of ten millions each; each having the form of a quarter of a circle; leaving the lines of power from centre to circumference, and the distance thereof was equal to the width of Vind'yu on the corporeal earth. And the centre of the plateau was high raised, so that Ahura stood on the highest place, which laid near the Capital of the Council.
3. Now it so happened that the jealous Anuhasaj stood twelfth on the east line, being the thirteenth from Ahura's left hand. Cpenta-armij said to Ahura: Behold, the line is shattered. Ahura said: I feel nothing; how sayest Thou, The line is shattered? She answered him, saying: He who doeth Jehovih's work must deal as Jehovih dealeth. Only those who are in concert with thee must labor with thee. Otherwise thy best endeavors will be thwarted. Ahura said:
4. O thou far-perceiving Goddess! In my much love and sympathy I admitted Anuhasaj to the lines. He hath been my best friend. Cpenta-armij said: Thou shalt know but One Friend, Jehovih.
5. Ahura perceived, and he now felt the shattered place, and he sent his chief marshal to Anuhasaj to bring him from the rank. And when Anuhasaj was before Ahura, the latter said unto him: Because thou servest thyself, thou shalt not stand in line; behold, there is but One to serve, even Jehovih. Anuhasaj said: A joy upon thee and thy scheme. Because thou art powerless, thou hast singled me out as an excuse before these Gods and Goddesses!
6. Ahura made no answer, but spake before Jehovih, saying: Give me strength for Thy Children's sake, O Father! Behold, I have cut loose the foundations of Ailkin; with high-extending cords I have bound her to Vara-pishanaha. By virtue of Thy power in me I will raise her up. In Thy name, let my hosts in will command: Arise! Upward! Onward! O Ailkin! Arise, upward, onward, O Ailkin! Arise, upward, onward, O Ailkin!
7. With the third enunciation, which came from the thousands of millions in concert, behold, the plateau moved from her foundation; turned a little, then slowly, upward arose. Loud shouted all the inhabitants of that heaven; with their own universal will the Great Spirit stretched forth His hand and raised up the heavenly continent. Even as with His hand He toucheth a corporeal continent and sendeth it beneath the ocean, so raiseth He His heavenly places toward His emancipated worlds. Yea, because of His Spirit upon His people, they desire it risen; with them and Him, All is One.
8. And now, the Gods, with unbroken will, held their places as it were a day for the corporeal earth, and not a God or Goddess from the single purpose in thought strayed a moment of time and no distracting thought intervening; for such is the will and mastery of Gods over their own thoughts. Even then, to keep up the concerted force joyously, those who had the drujas in charge sat the games and tournaments going, with racing and music, such as should leave not one idle moment for all the hosts of Ailkin, nearly five thousand millions.
9. Upward and onward rose the great plateau, making straight course for Vara-pishanaha. Ahura stood in the eyes of the unlearned populace as the greatest and most masterly of all the Gods. One alone, even Anuhasaj, stood a while transfixed with disappointment and chagrin, even hoping some mishap to Jehovih's proceedings. And finally, he went wandering about, sore and out of sorts with all righteousness. 11. In Jehovih's name, give thou a throne and crown to Ahura for Me, and in My name. I promised him thus!
12. The light came upon Cpenta-armij, and Jehovih spake through her, saying: Behold the work of My hand, O Ahura, My Son! In the substance of heaven fashion I thee a throne and high-raised capital. And with Mine own hands weave thee a crown. From this time forth thou shalt be My God, and I will abide with thee.
13. Whilst the words were being spoken, the throne rose up before Cpenta-armij's hand, and a high-raised capital came and stood over and about the throne. And there descended from the heavens above bows of light and color, which in Cpenta-armij's fingers were shaped and woven into a crown which alighted on Ahura's head. And there went up from the hosts a universal shout of praise and thanksgiving. Then broke in the trumpeters, seven millions, and after they prayed a while, the es'enaurs chanted, The Concerted Hosts of Jehovih! 14. Thus was founded Jehovih's heavenly kingdom, Vara-pishanaha; thus established Ahura his dominions where rebellion and seccession were cut off forever. And Cpenta-armij gave to Ahura a thousand messengers, and opened a roadway to Craoshivi. Ahura ascended his throne, and the Gods and Goddesses saluted him, God of Vara-pishanaha, and they and their attendants departed to their several places.
Index to Oahspe
11. In Jehovih's name, give thou a throne and crown to Ahura for Me, and in My name. I promised him thus!
12. The light came upon Cpenta-armij, and Jehovih spake through her, saying: Behold the work of My hand, O Ahura, My Son! In the substance of heaven fashion I thee a throne and high-raised capital. And with Mine own hands weave thee a crown. From this time forth thou shalt be My God, and I will abide with thee.
13. Whilst the words were being spoken, the throne rose up before Cpenta-armij's hand, and a high-raised capital came and stood over and about the throne. And there descended from the heavens above bows of light and color, which in Cpenta-armij's fingers were shaped and woven into a crown which alighted on Ahura's head. And there went up from the hosts a universal shout of praise and thanksgiving. Then broke in the trumpeters, seven millions, and after they prayed a while, the es'enaurs chanted, The Concerted Hosts of Jehovih!
14. Thus was founded Jehovih's heavenly kingdom, Vara-pishanaha; thus established Ahura his dominions where rebellion and seccession were cut off forever. And Cpenta-armij gave to Ahura a thousand messengers, and opened a roadway to Craoshivi. Ahura ascended his throne, and the Gods and Goddesses saluted him, God of Vara-pishanaha, and they and their attendants departed to their several places.
Index to Oahspe