2. In twenty days the examiners returned and came before the throne of God, and the Council of Gau. Za'dukawaski, chief speaker, said: By the grace of Jehovih, Creator, we stand before thee, God of heaven and earth. We find, by the ancient precepts, adjudged wise in the foundation of atmospherea, one Gur, highest and most proficient of all the hosts of heaven, to be anointed God for the next four hundred years.
3. God said: I remember Gur, from Magel, in Sooftus, in etherea, God of Ra'yatuf and a'ji, seventy-two. Let the marshals go to him and acquaint him with Jehovih's decrees, in the name of God. And they shall provide suitable conveyance for Gur to come to Gau, according to his rate.
4. So the marshals, ten thousand in number, besides ten thousand musicians, went and brought Gur before the throne of God, coming in an otevan, prepared for the purpose, and adorned with one thousand pillars of light.
5. God said: I salute thee, O Gur, in the name of Jehovih, Creator. Behold Apollo!
6. Apollo stretched forth his hand, and Gur came and shook hands with him, standing by the throne. Gur said: That I have lived to see this day, O Jehovih, I am blessed indeed! Thy will, O God, and Jehovih's, be done!
7. God said: Behold, the dawn of dan is within thirty days to end, and all who choose, and are prepared for the third resurrection, shall be taken up to etherea. Besides thyself, O Gur, there are two hundred thousand ethereans who have volunteered to remain another four hundred years in these atmospherean heavens, and on the earth. From them thou shalt select one thousand Lords, and bestow them with kingdoms, over mortals. Two thousand millions of angels will raise up with me to etherea.
8. To thee, O Gur, I bequeath two thousand millions of atmosphereans who have been initiated in the second resurrection. And of the first resurrection, two hundred and fifty millions; and of fetals, three hundred millions; and besides these, the inhabitants of the earth (men, women and children) seven hundred millions.
9. God ceased speaking, and Gur said: Thy will be done, O Jehovih! Thereupon the es'enaurs sang, and the trumpeters played the March of Apollo, Jehovih's Son. Presently, the marshals and messengers filed before the throne; and a light of golden fire came down from etherea, cast out by the Gods of Helmatia, Orian arc of Tanaya, and it fell about the throne of God, so that many could not look thereon, because of the brilliancy.
10. God raised up, and Apollo by his side. God said: I stretch forth my hand unto Thee, O Jehovih! Behold Thy Son, Gur, God of Ra'yatuf, in etherea, an earth-born, forty thousand years inhabitant of Thy emancipated realms. By Thy power, and in Thy name, O Jehovih, I proclaim him God of heaven and earth, to bestow Thee and Thy kingdoms on angels and men! Be with him, O Father, Creator, that he may add unto Thy glory, forever! Amen!
11. God took off the triangle, and hung it on Gur's (God's) neck, saying: I now bestow thee with the heirloom of the Gods of the red star, the triangle of the ancients. And that thou mayest be still further honored, behold, one higher than I, even Apollo, shall weave a crown for thy head.
12. Apollo walked to the left hand, and raised his hand upward, and there came from unseen space a flame of yellow light, and lodged on his hand, and he turned it but half around, and lo, a crown with sparkling gems stood upon his fingers' ends. Apollo said:
13. Incomprehensible All Light! Weave me a crown for Thy Son, God of heaven and earth! And even whilst he spake, it was done, and he placed it on God's (Gur's) head. And God went and sat in the midst of the throne, saying: Throne of Thy throne, O Jehovih! All things are Thine! For my resting-place, to do Thy will, this shall be.
14. During the ceremonies, the music was timed accordingly; and when the new God was crowned, the multitude of a thousand millions applauded with great joy.
15. When all was quiet, God rose up from the throne, saying to Apollo and to him who had been God: In Jehovih's name, come and honor my throne! Accordingly, they both sat down on the right hand of God.
16. God said: In thirty days the dawn of dan will end. Let the marshals, through the messengers, proclaim the resurrection of two thousand millions to the etherean heavens on that day. Proclaim it in all the heavens of the earth; inviting all to come who can; for it shall be a day of the feast of glory. But say not to any one that there hath been a change of Gods, nor that great Apollo will rise also, lest sorrow come upon the people. The marshals then selected messengers, a great number, and sent them throughout the heavens of the earth, proclaiming the commandments of God.
17. God spake further, saying: For thirty days shall the Council deliberate on my ten thousand Lords, selecting and allotting them; and I will crown them in the name of the Father.
18. Apollo then said: Now will I clothe myself in strange colors, that none shall know me, and during the thirty days I yet tarry, I will go around about the earth, that I may again look upon the star of my birth.
19. And he who had given up the throne said: Thy joy shall be my joy also. I, too, will again visit the star of my birth.
20. Accordingly, God said: Joy be unto ye twain, in Jehovih's name! Behold, I will throw a thick blanket over the throne, and ye shall change your attire, and when I withdraw it, ye shall walk forth unknown.
21. And this was done.
2. And Apollo and his companions then visited atmospherea, making like observations of the people in the first and second resurrections, recording the number and kind of nurseries, hospitals, factories, schools and colleges, together with the asaphs, teachers and physicians, nurses, and so on. And this record was also prepared so as to form a brief history of the earth's heaven.
3. On the twenty-eighth day, Apollo and his hosts returned to Gau, the place of the throne of God in the lower heaven. In the meantime, the word of God commanding the assembly for the ascent of two thousand million of Jehovih's Brides and Bridegrooms, had aroused the people of the lower heaven beyond measure; millions of them never having witnessed an ascent, nor, in fact, had seen an etherean adavaysit, a ship of fire.
4. On the twenty-ninth day, in the evening, a light was seen high up in the firmament, and to the north-west, brilliant, like a star of the first magnitude. Presently, it grew larger and brighter, and shot across toward the south-west firmament, and then began to ascend toward the earth, growing larger and brighter as it came.
5. The people of the lower heaven knew it was the adavaysit of the third resurrection, and they rejoiced before Jehovih, singing and praying. And now the marshals and proper persons for the purpose, commenced to form the groups of Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih. And the groups were arrayed in stars, crescents, squares and circles and ovals, being classified according to their rates in these figures; and the groups had banners, and signals of colored lights, according to their rank in love or intelligence, or good works, or other characteristic virtues.
6. And these groups were arranged into combinations, every combination representing the work done by a sub-Lord or sub-God. And these combinations were again formed into four divisions, representing the four great divisions of the earth, and the four Lords, Jehovih's Sons. So that when the whole two thousand millions of spirits were in due form, they characterized Harmony, Symmetry and Music, being the symbol of Apollo, Son of Jehovih, God of three etherean worlds, brevet Orian Chief.
7. At midnight, the sea of fire, the adavaysit, reached Chinvat, the border of the earth's vortex, just beyond the orbit of the moon, and in size twice the moon's diameter. Here the ship halted for four hours, and then again began to descend, and rapidly, fearful to behold, becoming more scarlet within the vortex, but growing larger and definite in figure.
8. And, lo and behold, when the adavaysit drew near, it was in the form and figure of the groups of Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih. It had fifty thousand curtains, and one hundred thousand banners, and the hosts within the ship, seven millions of souls, bore each a streamer of phosphorescent light, of all colors, shades and tints, and arrayed in symbols of the name, Apollo.
9. Unlike all other etherean ships of fire that had as yet visited the earth's heavens, it was provided with openings in the bottom, five hundred thousand in number, which were the places of entrance and exit. And the openings were studded with crystals of ceaseless fire, of all conceivable colors, shades and tints, and sizes and figures, curves, circles, angles, crescents, and so on. And up within the openings, were the crystal and opaque chambers, provided for the heirs of the third resurrection. And yet, within these chambers, were the reports of the guardian angels, of the lives and good work heretofore done by every man and woman of all the two thousand million who were to ascend to Jehovih's higher heavens. But in all the records there was not recorded one evil thing, or dark deed, or selfish thought; for of these things the ascended hosts had long since purged themselves, till they were gems of the pure light of the Father of all. High up within the ship were the beams and net-work of timber and ropes and arches; and around about the whole ship was the photosphere of its power, so that the whole adavaysit was like a crystal ship within a globe of phosphorescent light; and yet, in fact, the ship was the true light, and the angels the light of that light, whilst the photosphere was really the shell of darkness made reflective.
10. This, then, was the size of the adavaysit; two thousand miles, east and west, and north and south, diameters; and seven thousand miles high. And the ship within it was one hundred miles, east and west, and north and south, diameters; and two hundred miles high.
11. As the earth is opaque, with a transparent vortex around it, so not so, but opposite, is the structure of an etherean adavaysit, being light and habitable within as well as without, like the etherean worlds in the firmament. As Jehovih maketh worlds, and sendeth them forth in the places of His firmament, so, in imitation of Him, His etherean Gods and Goddesses make adavaysits to traverse space from star to star, and from one etherean region to another. Great in wisdom and power are Jehovih's etherean Gods and Goddesses! Yet they, too, were once but men and women, with corporeal bodies.
12. Jehovih said: I have given power to spirits of the newly dead to clothe themselves from the atmosphere with corporeal semblances of flesh and blood; and, to My exalted atmospherean angels, I have given power to clothe themselves from ethe in forms of light. But, to My exalted etherean angels, I have given power to clothe their hosts with ships of fire, and otevans, and adavaysits.
2. Cim'iad was a small woman, dark, and of deep love, most jovial of Goddesses; and had long looked forward with joy to her pleasure of bringing so large a ship to deliver two thousand million of Jehovih's Brides and Bridegrooms into etherean worlds. And so, when the adavaysit was about to land in Gau, Cim'iad looked out from the clusters of central stars, the ornaments of the throne within the ship, to see the hosts who were assembled beneath, and joyously clapped her hands with delight, whereupon she was saluted by Apollo and Phaeja, and by God and his Lords.
3. Presently, the mighty vessel landed and anchored fast; and the ship of Apollo was moved up aside and made fast to the adavaysit. Meantime, Cim'iad came forth out of the ship, and was received in the arms of Cventi, marshalless of Apollo, and then proceeded to the throne of God.
4. All the while, the musicians had been playing and singing; and the music of the lower heaven was thus united with the music of the upper heaven.
5. God said: Welcome, O Daughter of Jehovih! Come thou and honor my throne, in His name!
6. Cim'iad said: By the grace and love of Jehovih, am I come, O God! And to thee, O Apollo, most wonderful of earth-born Gods, how can I express my boundless love! And to thee, O Phaeja, long-enduring Son of Jehovih, my soul is as a twin, for the glory of our Everlasting Creator!
7. Behold, I am come in Jehovih's name to wed these two thousand million Brides and Bridegrooms to Jehovih!
8. Phaeja said: Thy will and Jehovih's be done! And now they shook hands, as is the custom of Gods and Goddesses, and Cim'iad went and sat on the throne, saluting all the assemblage by making the sign of Jehovih's name with her right hand, which was answered by three thousand million spirits. And now the musicians played and sang the Stars of Jehovih! Meanwhile, the All Light began to descend thick and fast on Cim'iad's head, so brilliant that many could not look thereon.
9. And Jehovih spake through Cim'iad, saying: I blow My breath upon a corporeal world, and man springeth forth into life, the highest of My created lights. In the womb of Mi, I fashion his spirit. When he is shapely and white, I deliver him. I open the heaven of suns, and warm his soul. Brighter than diamonds he cometh forth; male and female come they; as stars for My everlasting worlds. Dressed as Brides and Bridegrooms for My chambers of Light and Love. In My arms shall they be blessed forever; in My mansions rejoice forever.
10. The respondents said (being led by the etherean hosts): I am thy bride (or bridegroom), O Jehovih! My soul findeth love in Thee only, forever!
11. Thou, my Father, O Jehovih! I come to Thee to abide forever!
12. From Mi, my mother, the earth, who conceived me, I rise me up and go, forever.
13. All praise to Thee, O Jehovih! And to thee, O God of earth and heaven! And to ye, O Lords of the earth, praise forever!
14. Thy Lords, O Jehovih, raised me up. How can I render them joy for my stubbornness of heart! And Thy God, for my second resurrection.
15. How hast Thou made us brothers and sisters, O Jehovih! And given to me a higher world to abide in, forever!
16. O, Joy of my soul! To Thee am I beholden, O Father, Everlasting Creator!
17. Jehovih said: Behold Me, O Brides and Bridegrooms! I am the All that is Within All, and Over All. Members of My body are all things under the sun, seen and unseen, boundless, forever! I give them to you for your inheritance, forever!
18. Response: Who can give like unto Thee, O Jehovih! Not only gavest Thou myself, but sent Thy Gods and Lords to me to teach me how to live to enjoy Thy Fullness, forever!
19. I will rise to Thy immortal kingdoms, and learn the mysteries of Thy glory and wisdom, O Jehovih! And when I am strong, I will go forth to them who are beneath me, and raise them up, to rejoice, forever!
20. Jehovih said: Laborers with Me; helpmates and companions, forever! With ye I wed, from everlasting to everlasting.
21. Response: With Thee we wed, helpmates, forever! In the glory of Thy worlds, without end!
22. Jehovih said: Mine are All Harmony; All Symmetry; All Love; and will endure forever!
23. Response: When I was in darkness, I fed on hate, and anger, and war, and lust. But Thou hast taught me harmony, and symmetry, and love, and I shall indulge in them forever!
24. Jehovih said: Receive ye, My mantles and My crowns, O My beloved! The darkness is come and gone; the rain is dried up, and My flowers are blooming for you, My beloved!
25. Response: Glory be to Thee, My Creator and Preserver! All hail to Thy Wondrous Works, O Jehovih! In all my giving I cannot attain to Thee, forever! Thy Crown shall shine in my behavior, world without end! Amen! Amen! Amen!
26. Jehovih, Thou art mine, forever! Amen!
27. I am Thine, O Jehovih, forever! Amen! Amen!
2. And after this (for, behold, the end of the dawn of dan had come), Apollo, mightiest of all, rose up, and waved his hand in the sign, In Jehovih's Name, and stood aside from the throne of God. After Apollo, Cim'iad rose up, and gave the same sign; followed by Phaeja. And when these three stood aside, high raised, on the floor of the throne, so that all the assembled millions could see them, so hushed were all things, like as if Time had come to an end.
3. Then filed in front the ten thousand Lords and Lordesses, they who had once been false Gods and false Lords, and, of the ancient times, arrayed in such gorgeous attire; now robed in plain white, and without ornaments.
4. The marshals opened the arches of the adavaysit, but yet not a soul moved from his or her place.
5. Then great Apollo, and Cim'iad, and Phaeja, came down and sat at the foot of the throne, more loved than all the Gods who had as yet visited the earth and her heavens.
6. God came down from the throne and took Apollo's hand, saying: Arise, O Son of Jehovih, and go thy way. Apollo rose up, himself in tears, and stood aside. God now took the hand of Cim'iad, saying: Arise, O Daughter of Jehovih, and go thy way. Next he raised up the long-tried Phaeja, when lo, both he and God burst into tears, and fell in each other's arms! Phaeja, of few words at most, was last to slack the fond embrace; and then he and great Apollo, and Cim'iad, light of heaven, broke loose and marched forth to the etherean ship of fire. God resumed the throne, blinded by his tears.
7. Now fell the mantles of Jehovih, and His crowns, on the two thousand million Brides and Bridegrooms. The awakening Light of the etherean firmanent bespoke Jehovih's Awful Presence! The hosts moved with one accord, and presently entered into the adavaysit, amidst a shower of etherean flowers.
8. The marshals signalled, for the dawn was ended. The bright Cim'iad stretched forth her slender hand and arm to Jehovih, saying: By Thy Power, O Father, I command! Arise! Arise! Ad-av-ay-sit! Arise!
9. And the mighty vessel, and the vessel of Apollo, adjoined, arose up from Gau, rocking, rising, and moving to the music of a million trumpeters and singers, joined by the es'enaurs of the lower heavens. Higher and higher rose the etherean fire-ships, turning and rising, passing beyond the vortex of the earth, beyond Chinvat, out into the firmament of etherea, higher and higher, till all was lost in the distance.
2. From My kingdom is the Light and the Life; out of My Wisdom Apollo hath come. Sing to him, O ye Lords of heaven; let My angels rejoice in his name, for he shall abide forever.
3. Created I him for the glory of angels and men; in his idols and images shall My people behold the harmony of My beloved. With Mine Own hands, molded I the ankles and feet, and well-rounded thighs. Behold the arms of My Son, no longer than to the thighs, and with dimples, and small wrists.
4. His neck is straight and slender, and smooth and round, like the higin on an altar; and his shoulders like hewn stone, polished and tapering, like a woman's, who goeth not to war.
5. His instep is high; he can spring like a deer, swift as the wind. He sitteth not on his haunches all day, with his hands down, like a druk that is tired, waiting for food. He fleeth to the plain and the forest on his swift feet.
6. Proclaim ye Apollo in heaven and on earth. He is risen! Higher than the sun is the Holy Begotten of Jehovih! Out of the Virgin Mi is he come, Holy; in symmetry and music, there is none like Apollo.
7. She was My betrothed from the foundation of the world; Spouse of your Creator, O God! Her name was Mi, Mother of Mine Holy Begotten Son.
8. They were without shapliness before Me; they lolled about on earth; they lolled in heaven; on their haunches waited they hungrily.
9. The Virgin bowed down; for her first-born was the Redeemer of the world. In stone, and wood, and copper, and gold, and silver, is he stronger than ten cities; and wiser than ten thousand men.
10. He cometh to the young mother's dream, and shapeth her unborn, with limbs like a racer, and with long hair on the head. He standeth in the idol, and knoweth the Mother's prayer every day. Who calleth on the name, Apollo, calleth on the Father, Creator of all things.
11. Blessed are the Lords of Apollo; blessed are the sons and daughters of Apollo; blessed are they that bring forth in shapliness like My Son, Apollo.
12. This mark have I put up before all women under the sun; the young women before marriage; and before the young men before marriage.
13. Choose ye of them in the likeness of Apollo; your heirs shall glorify your Creator.
14. Apollo is My judge; he sitteth on My right hand; swifter than an arrow is his judgment on a woman's first-born.
2. They spin and weave and make clothes; they learn in the places of learning; neither do I condemn them.
3. But My physicians are tired; My nurses are tired; My teachers are tired. Be wise, O My Sons and Daughters. Who hath reformed a beggar by giving to him? What physician preventeth sickness by healing?
4. They bring forth in deformity on the earth, and ye must cure them in heaven. They squat on their haunches on earth, and they squat the same way in heaven, and ye must cure them.
5. Go ye to the root of the matter, O My beloved. Send ye down to the kingdoms of My Lords, and say to them: Thus saith Jehovih: Follow them, O My Lords! Double the number of ashars, double the loo'is; leave no young man alone; leave no young woman alone. Keep over them day and night; give them visions and dreams of Apollo. For I am concerted in heaven and on earth to remold the forms of the earth-born.
6. ehovih said: Hear your Creator, O Gau! Make seven more plateaux for the second resurrection. Out of the idolatry of My Son, Apollo, will I beautify the inhabitants of the earth. And the cast and mold of men and of women shall become a great power.
7. Jealousies will overspread the earth; jealousies will rise in the first resurrection. Make seven more plateaux in the second resurrection, and sort the es'yans in the hour of birth.
8. God and the Council perceived; and so God appointed workmen, and fulfilled the commandments of Jehovih. And he established seven hundred tributary kingdoms of the second resurrection belonging to Gau.
9. These sub-kingdoms were provided with sub-Gods, second in rank below the Lords, of whom there were ten thousand who had direct supervision over mortals; and the Lords had every one a sufficiency of guardian angels, ashars, and looi's, masters of generations, so that they could direct any required number to such mortals as they chose.
10. The Lords mostly established their heavenly kingdoms in the temples where mortals came to worship; and by inspiration, they established spirit chambers near the altars, where the prophets sat to learn the decrees of the Lord. Hither the loo'is came to receive their appointments over mortals, for the purpose of bringing about marriages acceptable before Jehovih.
11. The affairs of the sub-Gods were, however, wholly with matters in heaven, save when commanded by the Lords for special work.
12. And it came to pass that mortals, and the affairs of mortals, were directed and governed by the decrees of the lower heavens, and these again by the etherean heavens, which were of Jehovih direct.
13. So Jehovih changed the forms of the earth-born; but they became worshippers of Apollo; accrediting to one another Jehovih's perfection in them, according to the form and figure of the flesh. And because of the idolatry of the women for Apollo, their children were born of good flesh, and shapely; so that, in four hundred years, the hair on their heads grew long and straight, and men began to have beards. Neither considered any young man any virtue in a young woman so important as her form; nor did young women value any virtue in man so great as a well-molded form.
14. And when mortals died, and their spirits entered the first resurrection, half the labor of the asaphs, the receiving angels, was accomplished.
15. So God changed the es'yan period to three years, save for the heirs of cousins, and uncles, and aunts, which was left at five years.
2. So Apollo sent Adova, division Goddess of Reth, in Coak, in etherea, down to the lower heaven, to deliver God and his hosts. And they were thus raised up to etherea in a sea of fire, and made one with Jehovih.
3. In like manner, was the next government in the lower heaven and on the earth; and the next deliverance in dan was ten thousand million souls, of grade sixty-five.
4. In like manner was the next administration in the lower heaven and on the earth, and the deliverance was ten thousand millions, of grade fifty.
5. In like manner was the next administration on the earth and in the lower heaven, and the deliverance was ten thousand millions, of grade thirty-eight. So Apollo commanded these to be delivered in the a'ji'an fields of Oth, in Sanak and Orant, for they were unsuited for etherea.
6. In like manner was the next administration in the lower heaven and on the earth, and the deliverance was sixteen thousand millions; but they were of grade twenty-four. So Apollo commanded them to be delivered in the nebulous straits of Koppawotchiakka, for further development.
7. In like manner was the next administration in the lower heaven, but not so on the earth. For the kings and queens carried the idolatry too far, and mortals took to destroying ill-formed children and cripples, thus casting the ills of mortality into heaven. So there was no deliverance for the last dan of Apollo's cycle; and Jehovih received no harvest.
8. Thus ended the cycle of Apollo, being two thousand eight hundred years.
Index to Oahspe