Dear KOP Fanatics Members,
As you all know, the Martin Bashir documentary/interview, "Living With Michael Jackson", will air here in the USA (Thursday, February 6, 2002 at 8PM). Michael has released a statement to the world's media today saying that he feels betrayed by Mr. Bashir and he decided he had to speak out. He apparently first saw the program on the night of February 5th. Michael said the documentary was deceptive and reaffirmed that he would never harm a child. Below is part of Michael's statement:
"I trusted Martin Bashir to come into my life and that of my family because I wanted the truth to be told. Martin Bashir persuaded me to trust him, that his would be an honest and fair portrayal of my life and told me that he was 'the man that turned Diana's life around'.
"Today I feel more betrayed than perhaps ever before; that someone who had got to know my children, my staff and me, whom I let into my heart and told the truth, could then sacrifice the trust I placed in him and produce this terrible and unfair program.
"Everyone who knows me will know the truth which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child."
Michael also said that he had received many messages of support from fans, particularly in Britain, since the documentary was aired.
Now, The KOP Fanatics are calling on all USA fans to join together and let Michael know you support him!
After viewing the documentary/interview tonight, we are asking if you would PLEASE write a letter of support to Michael! We think it's wonderful that the British fans are taking action by sending him letters of support and we think it would be especially wonderful if his American fans do the same! Michael needs to know that he has the support of his fans around the world, but, especially, the support of his home country fans!
Come on fellow American fans, lets pull together and show our love and support to Michael!
We are asking that you write a one page letter, or shorter, letting Michael know how you feel about the interview and that you still, and always will, love & support him! Please send your letter via email to the KOP Fanatics. We will then print out each of your letters and will see to it that Michael personally receives them!
Please use the following guidelines:
1. Subject Line: In your email, please write "I SUPPORT MICHAEL" in the subject line. (This will help us sort YOUR emails)
2. Your Info: In your email, please include your first & last name, along with the name of the city and state you are from.
3. Length of email: Please keep your email short and to the point. The emails will be printed out, so we ask that you keep the length to one page or shorter.
4. Deadline: We would like to give your letters of support to Michael as soon as possible! Please email us your letters no later than Sunday, February 9th. (If we extend this deadline we will let everyone know)
5. Send your letter of support to: WeBelieveInMichael@kingofpopfanatics.com (Please, only send your support letters to this address ONLY, thanks!)
6. To Non USA Fans: We are proud to say that we do have many non USA fans in our club. Please know that your letters are welcomed as well! All fans are welcome to send in their letter regardless of where you are from, or whether or not you are a KOP Fanatics member! We welcome EVERYONE!
Come on fellow fans, after viewing the documentary tonight, lets get those letters of support coming in! Lets show Michael that his USA fans are here for him and that we still, and always will, love him unconditionally!
Thank you! We look forward to receiving your letters of support!
King Of Pop Fanatics Staff