Raj Senani was born at Budaun, Uttar Pradesh, India on 14 March, 1950. He received B.Sc (1966) from Lucknow University, B.Sc.Engg (1971) from Harcourt Butler Technological Institute (H.B.T.I), Kanpur University, and M.E.(Honors) (1974) and Ph.D (1988), both in Electrical Engg, from Motilal Nehru Regional (M.N.R.) Engineering College, University of Allahabad, India.
Dr. Senani held the position of a Lecturer (July 1975- December 1986) and Reader (January 1987- July 1988) at the Electrical Engg Department of M.N.R. Engg College, Allahabad. He joined the Department of Electronics and Communication Engg of the Delhi Institute of Technology (DIT; now renamed as Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology(NSIT)) in July 1988 as an Assistant Professor and initiated and set up the Linear Integrated Circuits (LIC) Lab. He became a full Professor in 1990 and was named as the first Head of the ECE Department under which all the three UG programs (namely, Electron. and Commun. Engg, Comp. Engg and Instrum. and Control Engg) were conducted initially.
Professor Senani is currently functioning as:
· Director, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT): October 23, 2008-onwards
· Faculty-in-charge of Analog Integrated Circuits Labs. I/II and Analog Signal Processing Research Lab.
Dr Senani has held the following administrative positions at NSIT since 1990:
· Head of the Electronics and Communication Engg Department (First term : 1990-1993, second term : November 1996-October 1998, Third term: August 1999- July 31, 2001), Fourth term: August 2001 - July 2014)
· Head of the Applied Sciences Department (1993-1996); Head, School of Applied Sciences (2007-2008)
· Head of the Department of Manufacturing Processes and Automation Engineering (November 1996- July 1998)
· University Head of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi(July 2011- July 2014)
· Dean, Post Graduate Studies (First term : 1993-1996)
· Dean, Academic (1996-1997)
· Dean, Administration (1997- till July 1999)
· Dean, Research (Second term : 1997- till July 1999)
· Dean, Post Graduate Studies and Research (Third term: August 1999-July 31,2001)
· Dean, Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi: July 2011-July 2014
· Officiating Director, Delhi Institute of Technology, on numerous occasions between 1990-1996
· Director, Delhi Institute of Technology, during 1996-1997
· Officiating Director, NSIT, on numerous occasions since 1997-TILL DATE
· Director, NSIT May 30, 2003-January 5, 2004
Professor Senani's current teaching and research interests are in the areas of
· Analog VLSI Circuits
· Analog Signal Processing
· Bipolar and CMOS Analog Circuits
· Analog Filter Design
· Current-mode Circuits and Techniques
· Current Conveyors, their variants and applications
· Oscillator Synthesis
· Active simulation of Inductors and Voltage-Controlled Impedances
· Electronic Instrumentation
· Chaotic Nonlinear Dynamical Circuits
· SPICE Simulation and Modeling
· Translinear/Log Domain Circuits
From some of his research in the above areas, he has authored and co-authored over 140 international research publications which have appeared in IEEE (USA), IEE (UK) and other refereed International journals. His publications have been widely referred by other researchers working in the same areas, which have fetched, as per Google Scholar, over 3000 citations with an h-index of 32 so far. Several of his works have been included or cited in a number of books.
Life Member ISTE (India), Senior Member IEEE (USA), Member Sigma Xi (USA)
Fellow of the IETE (India); Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI)
*Served as Honorary Editor, `Journal of the IETE’ (Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers) in the area of Circuits and Systems (1992-1995)
*Served as Honorary Editor for `IETE Journal of Research’, in the area of Circuits and Systems (2007- 2008)
*Serving as Editor-in-Chief for `IETE Journal of Education, September 2012-onwards
*Served as Associate-Editor-in-Chief for `Signal Processing-International Journal’ (SPIJ), CSC Journals 2009-2010
*Serving as an Associate Editor for the `Journal on Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing’, published by Birkhauser Boston (USA) (2003-onwards) http://www.springer.com/birkhauser/engineering/journal/34?detailsPage=editorialBoard
*Serving as a Member of the Editorial Board of: `Scientific Research and Essays’, Academic Journals, http://www.academicjournals.org/SRE/Editors.htm
*Serving as one of the Editors for: `Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering’, Hindawi Publishers, 2009 onwards, http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jece/editors.html
*Serving as Editor-in-Chief for the: `Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research’ (Academic Journals), 2009 onwards, http://academicjournals.org/JEEER/index.htm
*Serving as one of the Editors for `IETE Journal of Education’, India, 2008- onwards (had been a member of Editorial Board since 1990) http://je.ietejournals.org/editorialboard.asp
*Serving as one of the Editors for `ISRN Journal on Electronics’, USA, 2011- onwards http://www.isrn.com/journals/electronics/je.ietejournals.org/editorialboard.asp
*Serving as one of the Editors for Journal of Electrical and Control Engineering (JECE) 2012- onwards http://www.joece.org/EditorialBoard.aspx
*Serving as one of the Editors for Journal of Electrical and computer Engineering Innovations 2013- onwards http://jecei.srttu.edu/page.php?
He has acted as or is currently acting as a Reviewer (by invitation from the Editors) for the following International Journals:
Professor Senani’s biography has appeared in the numerous publications and their various editions of the following biographical references since 1990:
Biography included in several publications since 1990, including the International Directory of Distinguished Leadership and Contemporary Who's Who; currently, acting as a Consulting Editor and Member of ABI's Research Board of Advisors
Biography published in several editions since 1999.
Biography published in several editions since 2001.
Biography published in several editions since 2003.
Biography published in several editions since 2003.
Biography has been included in the following since 2000:
Professor Raj Senani was chosen (in January 2012) as the Second Laureate of the 25th Khwarizmi International Award, for his Excellence and Dedication in producing Fundamental Research on the `Synthesis and Design of Analog Filters, Oscillators and Simulated Impedances using Modern Electronic Circuit Building Blocks' by Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST). The award was given to him by the President of Iran Dr. Mehmoud Ahmedinajad, on 5th February, 2012 at Tehran.
Research publications of Professor Senani
Back to the opening page