* "I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow."
* "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
* "True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
-Charles Caleb Colton
* "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
* "My friends are my estate."
* "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
* "A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."
* "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
* "A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."
* "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies).
* "A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more."
* "Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."
* "Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you."
* "I get by with a little help from my friends."
* "Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel that you've done a permanent job."
* "A friend is a person with whom you dare to be yourself"