Poetry From My Heart
- It wasn't the leaving I minded
- Or the uncertainty that lay ahead;
- It wasn't that I was blinded
- To the cautions, both implied and said.
- I knew my heart should be aching
- For all I was leaving behind;
- For all the ties I was breaking,
- But peace wrapped around my mind.
- Old feelings pushed me forward,
- This goodbye would be the last;
- I'm moving faster and faster toward
- A future that is my past.
- When I dreamed of love and contentment before
- The avalanche of life obscured it;
- I got lost and scared and worried and more;
- It's a wonder my soul endured it.
- But the one who WAS me is gone now,
- Though I am still standing here;
- Now my spirit has wings and my head I bow
- To the total absence of fear.
This poem was published in November, 1998, by the National Library of Poetry. I am very proud to share it with you in the hopes that you will see, there is never a day so dark that hope does not exist in the human spirit. We all have that light in us. Sometimes we just have to fan that flame, reach deep and find the faith, make the decision to change, and become the wonderful human beings that God intended us to be. May God bless you. -Sherry