|A man decided that he was going to ride a 10-speed bike from Phoenix to Flagstaff. He got as far as Black Canyon City before the mountains became just too much and he could go no further.
He stuck his thumb out, but after 3 hours, he hadn't gotten a single person to stop. Finally, a guy in a Corvette pulled over and offered him a ride. Of course, the bike wouldn't fit in the car. The corvette owner found a piece of rope lying by the highway and tied it to his bumper.
He tied the other end to the bike and told the man that if he was going to fast, to honk the horn on his bike and he would slow down.
Everything went fine for the first 30 miles. Suddenly, another Corvette blew past them. Not to be outdone, the Corvette pulling the bike took off after the other. A short distance down the road, the Corvettes, both going well over 120 mph, blew through a speed trap.
The police officer noted the speed from his radar gun and radio to the other officer that he has two Corvettes headed his way at over 120 mph. HE then relayed, "... and you're not going to believe this, but there's a guy on a 10-speed bike honking to pass!"
|A man goes out and buys a new Vette convertible. One night he takes it out for a spin, and stops at a red light. An old man pulls up next to him riding a mo-ped. The old man looks over the Vette and says, "What kind of car ya got there sonny?"
The man replies, "It's a 2000 Corvette, the best sports car in the USA; it cost me over $50,000."
"That's a lot of money" says the old man. Why do they cost so much?" The man answers, "Because they can go 170 miles an hour!" The old man pokes his head in the window and looks around. Leaning back on his mo-ped, the old man says, "That's a pretty nice car all right!"
Just then the light changes, so the guy decides to show the old man what the car can do. He floors it, and in a few seconds the speedo reads 120 MPH. Suddenly he notices a dot in his rear view mirror that seems to be catching up to him. Afraid it might be a cop, he slows down to 65 and suddenly whhhoooosshh! Something whips by him going much faster!
"What on earth could be going faster than this Vette?" the man asks himself. Then, ahead of him, he sees a dot coming towards him. Whhoooosshh! It goes by again, heading the opposite direction! And it sorta looked like the old man on the mo-ped! "Couldn't be," thinks the guy. "How could a mo-ped outrun a Vette?"
Then again he sees a dot in his rear view mirror! Whhooosshh - Blam! It plows into the back of the Vette! The man jumps out. It is the old man! Of course, the mo-ped and the old man are in a world of hurt. The guy runs up to the old man and cries, "You're hurt bad! Is there anything I can do for you?"
The old man groans and replies, "Yes, could you please unhook my suspenders from your side mirror?"
| 1) What year was dual point distributors first used in? (A)1956 (B)1957 (C)1958
2) What year was the last year exhaust was through the bumper? (A) 1959 (B) 1960(C)1961
3) What year were big block engines first available in? (A)1965 (B)1966 (C)1967
4) In 1956 what percent of coves were painted a different color? Less then ___%
5) What year was the last year of the tooth grill? (A) 1959 (B) 1960 (C) 1961
6) What percent of Corvette sold in 1972 were coupes?
7) What year was aluminum valve covers first available in? (A) 1956 (B) 1957 (C) 1958
8) How do you tell the difference between a 1960 and a 1959?
9) What year was telescopic steering column first available in? (A) 1965 (B) 1966 (C) 1967
10) What year was the last year of aluminum knock off wheels? (A)1964 (B)1965 (C)1966
11) What year was the last year Corvette were built in St.Louis? (A)1967 (B)1972 (C)1980
12) What was the top speed of the 1998 Corvette? (A)175 MPH (B) 180 MPH (C)185 MPH
Smack the Penguin (573.8 my longest)
This site was