4WD PRO STOCK
- Maximum weight for truck and driver is 6200 lbs.
- Engine must be naturally aspirated with a single carb and any intake
manifold except a tunnel ram. Aluminum head and blocks are not allowed.
Maximum cubic inches is 470. Any engine over 470 c.i. will use a 25 1/2"
hitch height instead of 26".
- Exhaust system must run down and back or up through the hood.
Maximum hood cutout clearance will be 2" around the air cleaner.
Adequate clearance around headers will be allowed to permit opening the
hood. If you burn alcohol you must run with the headers up! You can also
run exhaust spacers.
- High stall torque convertors and safety approved clutches will be
allowed. Any ignition will be allowed.
- Maximum wheelbase will be 134". Body sheet metal must conform to
wheelbase. No fiberglass bodies.
- Hitch height is 26" and length is no less than 36% of the wheelbase
before, during, and after pull.
- Tires maximum 31.5 x 15 x 15 terra tires or bar tires. No duals,
chains, or Dick Cepeks allowed. Street legal tires may run in this class
max. 16.5 x 12.5 x 33. Outside corner to outside corner tread (measure).
- Rear of block van be no more forward than 12" from the center of the
front axle tube.
- Engine must be shielded at least .060" thickness. Height to extend
to botton of cylinder head and must cover the entire length of the
engine. No unnecessary holes in the firewall. Any engine driven fan must
be shrouded 360 degrees.
- Drive train will consist of the following: any front axle or any
rear axle, no planetary gears allowed. Must have OEM frame rails.
- Engine does not have to conform with body/chassis.
- Any aftermarket transmissions and transfer casses allowed.
- Weight box maximum width 84", not to exceed 60" forward from top
center position of front axle tube.
- Scattershield required with block saver and all bolts in place.
Automatics must use safety blankets.
- All trucks equipped with a harmonic balancer shall be solid steel or
shrouded with a 1/4" steel shield 1" wide, 360 degrees around the
balancer, waterpump may be used. Shields must have straps 1/4" x 1" that
will keep the harmonic balancer from working forward.
- Kill switch required. Must break or ground ignition system, must
also bread current to electric fuel pump. 2" diameter ring, located
above the hitch.
- Fuel tanks must be in open area.
- Three loops per driveshaft. Two piece shaft with carrier must have
- 360 degrees drive shaft loops must be made of a min. 3/4" wide x
1/4" thick steel. Must be positioned no less than 6" and no more than
12" from u-joint. Maximum horiz. clearance 2" and maximum vert.
clearance 8" both ways.
- No cables, chains, or cast metal for loops.
- Vehicles with a shaft between transmission and transfer case must be
- All driveling u-joints are to be enclosed in a 360 degree shield
using a min thickness 1/4" steel or 5'16" alum.
- All u-joint covers must must be a min of 6" wide and a mmin 2"
clearance from u-joint. Shield should be positioned to prevent any
broken parts from excaping and that the u-joint should not be visibile
from the side, top, or bottom.
- Suspension blocks or rigid suspension allowed only on rear.
- Vehicles must have steel flywheels or flex plates.
- Reverse light required at rear of vehicle above the hitch and in the
frivers compartment both activated by the shift lever.
- Trucks must have safety glass or plexiglass in windshield and rear
- All general rules apply.
Any Questions you can E-mail us at
by Mark A. Owen,
Snail Mail Us At: Illiana Pullers Association P.O.Box 217 Watseka Il. 60970
Last Updated 17 August 2001