- THE TOY FOX TERRIER:WIRED FOR ACTION BY DR.JOHN DAVIDSON ,PUBLISHED IN 2006, IS NOW AVAILABLE. AUTOGRAPHED COPIES MAY BE PURCHASED FOR $19.95 PLUS $3 S/H. FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION GO TO THE BOOK'S WEBSITE http://mysite.verizon.net/resruwee/ OR EMAIL THE AUTHOR.
- These little dogs relish most any challenge
put before them. Judy Guillot, a wheelchair user in Tucson, Arizona,
has such a dog. Her Toy Fox Terrier helps her get ready for work by
fetching her shoes and picking up whatever she drops. Even though
her dog was the smallest dog to be certified, Guillot's terrier finished
first in her class of Handi-Dogs.
- A state trooper in Illinois who worries about
his wife's safety when he works nights has trained his Toy Fox Terrier
to bark whenever a stranger sets foot on his property. With his
police science background, he knows that the noise a small dog
creates can be as menacing to an intruder as the bark or presence of
a larger breed.
- A major circus production features a Toy Fox
Terrier,amidst a group of Poodles, performing difficult feats such as
walking a high wire and jumping from a basket 20 feet in the air into
his trainer’s arms. Later, a clown roams the crowd while a small black
terrier peers out of his pocket at the spectators.
- In rural Kansas a farmer decides that his wife’s“housebaby”,
a TFT, should earn his keep and takes the little terrier to his rat
infested silo. At first cowering, old instincts are awakened as
the terrier grabs a rat by the neck and shakes it.
- In the hills of Tennessee, a pack of TFTs, what
hill country folks refer to as feists, prove indefatigable in
treeing squirrels and jumping rabbits.