Dr. Paul J.
15 Spinning Wheel Road, Suite 422
Hinsdale, IL 60521
I am happy to announce that I have moved to Hinsdale and am accepting new clients there. My office is located in the Spinning Wheel Office Building at the intersection of Ogden Avenue (US 34) and the Tri-State Tollway (I-294). Please visit my new website at www.fitzgeraldcounseling.com for more information.
Brief Description of my qualifications:
- Over twenty years experience working with individuals,
couples, and families.
- Problem areas treated include anxiety, depression, stress,
relationship problems, child behavior problems, parenting
difficulties, coping with chronic illness, grief and loss,
occupational problems, problem habits, substance abuse,
men's issues, women's issues, and gay/lesbian issues.
- Style of therapy is a combination of cognitive-behavioral,
Adlerian, solution-focused and family systems approaches
depending on the need.
- Experienced in providing employee assistance services,
training seminars in stress management and other topics,
critical incident stress management, police social
services and services for police/emergency services
personnel experiencing stress, anxiety, relationship
problems, or family problems.
- Adjustment and Stress Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive/Affective Disorders
- Master of Arts degree in Counseling Psychology (1986),
Alfred Adler Institute, Chicago, IL.
- Doctor of Psychology degree in Clinical Psychology (1997),
Adler School of
Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL.
- Certificate in cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (1994),
Center for Cognitive Therapy Training and Research (Arthur
Freeman, Ed.D., Director), Adler School of Professional
Psychology, Chicago, IL.
- Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Couples and Marital Therapy and Counseling
- Family Therapy and Counseling
- Group Therapy and Educational Topic-centered groups
- Employee Assistance Services
- Consulting to organizations and to managers/supervisors
about employee and group issues
Training and Speaker's Bureau
I am available to speak to your group,
organization or gathering about:
- Coping with Change and Transition
- Stress Management
- Wellness and Healthy Lifestyle
- Sibling Rivalry
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Conflict Management
- Holiday Stress
- The Internet and Relationships/Families
- Depression (in Adults and children/Adolescents)
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Attention Deficit - Hyperactivity Disorder
And other topics
(Contact me by voice mail regarding times and fees)
Top of page