Damn! It's been a long-ass time since I've updated this page.
Well, I've been drinking tonight, so I guess I'll do it another time.
Good night, children.
I just realized that nowhere in my last entry did I mention when I was travelling home for vacation. Well, at the time I wrote it, it was going to be July 22, but I've changed it to Aug 12th-20th. Just in case you're hangin' around New England.
I finally went and got a soul retrieval. It's too much for the Random area, so I gave it it's own page:
Keep an open mind.
Still struggling with the decision of whether to move home or to stay here in Chicago. I've decided to release some pressure from the situation by taking a week's vacation at home. This way, I can do all the stuff I've been thinking about and see all the people I need to see, and then I can get a better perspective on a permanent move. I promised someone I wouldn't dwell on the decision between now and when I come back from my trip, so I'll be done with it for now.
Instead, I will dwell upon the cool-ass things I'm going to do in Massachusetts and Maine in late July. All right, besides seeing family members and friends, which of course I will do, these are the things I will make it a point to do for my own enjoyment:
* I will travel to York Beach, Maine, and go to the Sun of a Beach restaurant (praying it's stilll there) and have a lobster roll. They don't make it the regularly accepted way with cold lobster salad, celery, mayonnaise, etc. They simply cook some lobster meat, put it in a toasted hotdog roll and drizzle melted butter on it. My brain will explode with happiness from the first bite.
* Seek out the local joints that don't exist in Chicago and re-experience their bounty. For example, I will get a large D'angelo's steak and cheese sub with onions. I will get a greek style pizza from either Cape Cod Cafe or Christo's in Brockton. I will go to the nearest convenience store and procure a basket-ful of Sky Bars.
* I will travel to Salem, MA. First, I will go to The Willows, to the arcade, and see if they still have my games. Then I will drop a couple hundred quarters in them. Then I will stop by the Engine House for a couple of slices of pizza, a draft beer and a few games of Keno. Then I will sit on a bench in Salem Common like a catatonic retiree, for several hours, and just breathe. Finally, I will get stupid drunk at the Lobster Shanty.
* I will try to see this new sensation known as the Brockton Rox. Perhaps, if the winds of opportunity blow favorably in my direction, I can get Mr. Shanahan and Mr. Harris, and possibly even Mr. Maker of Pix himself to join me in this endeavor. I will purchase the beer and dogs, gentlemen, in honor of my hometown pilgrimage. If the schedule doesn't permit...Pawtucket, anyone???
* Time permitting, I will seek out and stalk an old girlfriend or two.
(Joke...dis is joke)
After checking the schedules, it looks the the Rox won't be playing at home for the entire duration of my visit. So much for that. Pawsox, however, will be.