Criminals & Gang Members Anonymous
CGA 12 STEPS TO RECOVERY
1. WE REVIEWED OUR PAST ADMITTING A LACK OF STRENGTH AND CONTROL OVER OUR ADDICTIONS TO ALL FORMS OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY AND THAT OUR LIFESTYLE WAS NOT DECENT NOR MANAGEABLE.
2. WE BECAME WILLING TO BELIEVE THAT CHANGE IS POSSIBLE, BY LEARNING A DIFFERENT WAY OF LIVING THROUGH SUGGESTIONS FROM THOSE WHO TRUDGED THE PATH OF RECOVERY BEFORE US OUT OF INSANITY.
3. WE MADE A DECISION TO LET GO OF DESTRUCTIVE SELF-WILL, IN EXCHANGE FOR SPIRITUAL PRINCIPLES, BECOMING WILLING TO SEEK GOD’S CARE AND PROTECTION, AS WE UNDERSTOOD GOD.
4. WE SEARCHED OUR PAST THOROUGHLY, MAKING INVENTORY LISTS OF THE GOOD WE HAVE DONE AND OUR WRONGS AND RESENTMENTS TOWARDS OTHERS.
5. WE SOUGHT FORGIVENESS FROM GOD, OURSELVES, AND ADMITTED TO SOMEONE WE TRUSTED, THE WRONGS WE HAVE DONE.
6. WE MADE A PERSONAL COMMITMENT TO ABANDON “OUR” DEFECTS OF CHARACTER TO PRACTICE DECENT OR REASONABLE CONDUCT THROUGH DAILY ACTIONS AND BEHAVIOR.
7. WE HONESTLY RECOGNIZED OUR SHORTCOMINGS WHENEVER BAD HABITS SURFACED, PROMPTLY CORRECTING OUR THINKING AND ACTIONS.
8. WE MADE A THOROUGH LIST OF ALL THOSE WE HAD HARMED, REALIZING HOW OUR NEGATIVE ACTIONS IMPACTED THEIR LIVES, AND BECAME WILLING TO MAKE AMENDS TO THEM ALL.
9. WE MADE DIRECT AMENDS AND RESTITUTION WHENEVER POSSIBLE TO THE PERSONS WE INJURED, EXCEPT WHEN DOING SO WOULD CAUSE FURTHER INJURY OR HARM.
10. WE CONTINUED DAILYTO TAKE A PERSONAL INVENTORY OF OURSELVES, AND WHENEVER WRONG, HAD THE COURAGE TO HONESTLY ADMIT IT.
11. WE SOUGHT TO IMPROVE OUR “SPIRITUAL AWARENESS” THROUGH PRAYER AND MEDITATION WITH GOD, ASKING FOR GUIDANCE IN BEING DECENT AND RESPONSIBLE TO OURSELVES AND MORE CARING TOWARDS OTHERS.
12. WE, EACH EXPERIENCING A “SPIRITUAL AWAKENING” BY APPLYING THESE STEPS, FREELY SHARE OUR TRUTH AND EXPERIENCES WITH OTHERS LIKE US, AND CONTINUE LIVING IN GOOD ORDERLY DIRECTION IN ALL OUR AFFAIRS.
Make Yourself at Home
Explore our Many Humble Rooms
Copyright © 2003 by California Gangs Anonymous; All Rights Reserved.
Please ask for permission in writing from the authors and CGA if you would like to use all or part of this work. Our CGA Conference Approved Literature is continuously expanding. We would like to know if these materials are of use to you, so please let us know if you are to use them!
email address for info and comments
EMAIL US HERE
CGA SERVICES, Inc.
2049 South Santa Fe Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90021-2919, USA
HIT BACK ON YOUR BROWSER TO GO TO THE MAIN PAGE
OR CLICK HERE ON OUR LOGO
PLEASE EXPLORE OUR OTHER ROOMS
THROUGH OUR ROOM LINKS ON OUR MAIN PAGE