Site hosted by Build your free website today!


This parasitic roundworm infects the large intestine.

Although the incidence of whipworm infection is high,
its intensity is usually light.

In the United States, the infection occurs principally
in warm, moist climates, most frequently among children.

People can get infected by accidentally eating whipworm eggs
on their hands or in food or drink.

It's transmitted primarily through the ingestion of
larvae and eggs on infected foods such as fruits and vegetables.

Severe infections in young children can result
in a condition called rectal prolapse.

As with many worm types, this species is communicable to humans,
so extreme care should be taken while handling infested animals.