Address: BP. III. Külso Bécsi út 369.
Photos taken by the author on June 2002.
Established: in 1922 by the Óbuda Jewish community and
opened from the 31 year old rabbi dr. Schreiber Ignac. He was unfortunately the
first engraved Jew in this cemetery, because he was hit 3 days later by a
Other important graves:
Moses Münz rabbi, he was the community leader until
newly cleaned monument was erected
for the 149 killed patients in the
Maros utca Jewish Hospital. Nazi
Hungarians killed all the people in beds and
the doctors, nurses on 21 th
- Gravestone for the victims of the Hungarian Holocaust:
the last operation of
Adolf Eichmann to collect Jewish people for the
“Fussmarsch”, to march in the
direction of Vienna for forced works.
The cemetery is already used for