WLD 104 Course Information
This course covers the fundamentals of shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), focusing on power sources, electrode selection, oxy-acetylene cutting, and various joint designs and welding positions.
1. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate safety measures for using arc welding equipment.
2. Students will display proficiency in electrode selection and classification.
3. Students will demonstrate the proper procedures and applications of shielded metal arc welding.
4. Students will demonstrate competency in written communication skills.
· Class Lectures
· Instructor Demonstrations
· Lab/Shop Exercises
· Three Exams
· Three Lab Projects (Practical Applications)
· Three Lab Reports