Having some difficulties in chocobo breeding? Want to know how to breed chcocobos? This guide will help explain. Chocobos are helpful for some things. If you get chocobos with special abilities (River, Mountain, River-and-Mountain, and Gold Chocobos) you can reach Materia Caves, and get materias such as Quadra Magic, HP<-->MP, Mime, and Knights of the Round. You can also race the Chocobos, and get GP, or items, such as: Materias like Counter, Magic Counter, Sneak Attack, and Enemy Away. You can also get accessories such as Cat's Bell and Sprint Shoes. Furthermore, you can get regular items, like Megalixirs. Breeding chocobos can be very helpful.
TYPES OF CHOCOBOS
- Good (Yellow) Chocobo - No Special Abilities
- Great (Yellow) Chocobo - No Special Abilities
- Wonderful (Yellow) Chocobo - No Special Abilities
- Green Chocobo - Goes Over Mountains
- Blue Chocobo - Goes Over Shallow Waters
- Black Chocobo - Goes Over Mountains and Shallow Waters
- Gold Chocobo - Goes Anywhere
- Note: There are more types of yellow chocobos than those mentioned. However, these are the types you need.
WHERE TO FIND TYPES OF CHOCOBOS
- Good Chocobo - Southeast of the Corel Desert.
- Great Chocobo - Mideel Area.
- Wonderful Chocobo - Northern Continent, west of the Icicle Inn village.
- The others must be breeded
- Note: You can get a Gold Chocobo without breeding. Just defeat Ruby Weapon and give the Desert Rose to the Kalm Traveller.
WHERE TO FIND TYPES OF NUTS
- Carob Nut - Steal from Vlakorados near Bone Village, or defeat Vlakorados. Or receive as prize from Wonder Square at the Gold Saucer, for 500 GP.
- Zeio Nut - Steal from Goblins on the Goblin Islands (the Goblin Islands are in the east ocean, near the border of the map)
THE BREEDING PROCESS
Good/Great Chocobo + Good/Great Chocobo + Carob Nut = Green (Mountain) or Blue (River) Chocobo
Green Chocobo + Blue Chocobo + Carob Nut = Black (Mountain & River) Chocobo
Black Chocobo + Wonderful Chocobo + Zeio Nut = Gold Chocobo (Goes Everywhere)
Note: You will need to perform the Good/Great chocobo breed twice, in order to get a Mountain Chocobo and a River Chocobo.
GETTING GOOD RESULTS
- You need to feed your chocobos lots and lots of Greens. If you have a lot of money, spend it! Feed the chocobos you are going to breed 99 of the best Greens!
- Race them in Chocobo Square at the Gold Saucer. You want to get their class up to S Class.
- If you have trouble racing, press R1 & L1 at the same time and hold down. The stamina bar should go up. (For you PlayStation gamers, not for the PC version.)
- Be patient! Remember to save just before you go and breed, so that if you don't get the chocobo you want, you can just reset the game, instead of raising the unwanted chocobo!