- 19, December, 2004:
- Photos and video of Pete's performance
To Hang on To'
from the Ronnie Lane tribute concert back on 8 April, 2004
- Great review of the concert by Rupert Williams
- Added many entries to comments section
- Added 3 entries to cover
- Added 2 new links to link
- 9, April, 2004:
- ONE FOR THE ROAD A SUCCESS!
- Click here
to read a review of the Ronnie Lane tribute concert at the Royal
Albert Hall on 8 April, 2004
- 1, April, 2004:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONNIE LANE!
- Check out
- 23, December, 2003:
- RONNIE LANE DOCUMENTARY
IN THE WORKS!!!!!!!!
- For those of you who have not heard
the rumours, yes it is true! The Ronnie Lane documentary which
is going by its working title "The Passing Show" has
actually begun filming and is making great progress. Rupert Williams
who has been researching the project for the past four years
has begun to take the film to the next step and so far the results
have been very promising. Here are some more details:
- The Film will encompass the entire
life of Ronnie Lane from the early days with the Outcasts to
the Texas years, etc.
- A major issue has been the funding
which has been difficult because of the expensive archival footage
necessary to accompany the film.
- More footage of the great Lane continues
to turn up (Yeah!) (Faces, interviews, etc.) There is even some
unreleased music that has been uncovered and fortunately is in
the hands of the right people.
- There is a website address which has
just started www.passingshow.com that will hopefully soon include
transcriptions from interviews, stills, clips and archived photos.
- The following people have already undergone
(The day ended with Charlie and Steve playing 'The Poacher,'
completely unrehearsed and without having seen each other in
Also interviewed were:
-Captain Peter Hill (Passing Show)
- -It appears as though the filmmakers
are trying to concentrate on the people who knew Ronnie very
well rather than on the big stars that did not necessarily play
a big role in his life. However, there will be opportunity for
those big names at an upcoming tribute concert (which might actually
happen this time!) Being a big fan of Ronnie's and a fan of Documentary
film, I couldn't be happier to hear that they are approaching
it this way.
- Starting next year the following people
are scheduled to be interviewed:
-Benny Gallager and Graham Lyle
-Barbara Maurice (Russ' ex and Ronnie old secretary)
-Every surviving member of Slim Chance has been contacted and
quite a few more of them are likely to be involved in one way
-Still waiting for replies from:
-People that are trying to contacted:
-Ian Stewart's Widow Cynthia
- -They willl be shooting at various
locations in Richmond including Ronnie's old flat, the Wick and
Wick Cottage,Willoughby House and by and on the river again.
They will also be filming various addresses in East London (Romford
Road, Ronnie's school, the British Prince etc.), Westmoreland
Terrace in Pimlico, Monks Corner in Marlow. Then they will be
going to Wales to film at the Fishpool, the Miners Arms, Drum
and Monkey etc.
-The following will all be filmed when they'll be in Texas/U.S
- -All of the woman in Ronnie's life
have or will be contacted and all will have an opportunity to
be interviewed if they choose.
- -Fortunately, the altruistic crew that
has been working on this film has been treated exceptionally
well and the response from everybody that they have been contacting
has been extraordinary and very encouraging to the filmmakers.
- -WHAT GREAT NEWS TO REPORT AT THE END
OF THE YEAR!
- 19, December, 2003:
- Added more comments to comments section
- Added 3 entries to cover songs
- Added information/track listing for 2 new Ronnie Lane CD
releases: How Come(2003), and
Ain't No One Like(2003)
- Thanks to all those who have contributed the past few months.
I apologize to anyone whose contribution is not included on the
site. If you do not see you contribution simply send it again
and I promise to post it next time I update the site.
- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- 17, July, 2003:
- ADDED CHORDS TO G'MORNING FROM
THE ONE FOR THE ROAD ALBUM
- Click here to view them.
Thanks Paul Balm!
- LYRICS TO ALL OR NOTHING
- Added lyrics to All or Nothing.
Yes, I know it is a Small Faces song but it appears on 2 Plonk
albums. You Never Can Tell (The
BBC sessions) (where Ronnie takes lead vocals!) and the
Majic Mijits album with
the great Marriotti!
- Much of this site features 2 fonts that are not usually installed
on most PC's and Macs. They are Showcard
Gothic and Andy.
Click on either one to install and view the site properly. It
makes a big difference and only takes a few seconds.
- 16, July, 2003:
- NEW RONNIE LANE SITE!!!
- Click here
to go to Spev's new and very amusing Ronnie Lane site. (Kuschty
Rye's Ronnie Lane Tribute Page) Here's the address in case
the link in the first sentence does not work. http://www.geocities.com/kuschty_rye/home.html
- 6, July, 2003:
- Added entry to cover songs:
Ian Kearey: She's Leaving
from the See Me album You can
find it on his "Preaching to the Convertible" on Dan
- Added link to band/artist page:
- 4 June, 2003:
- I declare June 4 yet another day to celebrate the life and
music of the late great Ronnie Lane. Although, do we really need
any reason or excuse to listen to some Lane music? It's a year
round Plonk party over here!
- MORE COMMENTS ADDED
- 2 more sets of recent comments have been added to the comments
section. Click here. Thanks for all
those who contribute!
- 2 June, 2003:
- CONDOLENCES TO LUKE AND JENNY
- Our thoughts and prayers go out to Luke and Jenny after their
most very difficult loss. Best wishes to the both of you and
may you have success in the future.
- 26 May, 2003:
- Thanks to the great Dave M. (not to be confused with any
corporate whore) this site is now accessible through the domain
- What does this mean? It will not change anything and you
can still access it through the www.angelfire.com/hometelleveryone
address. This is just another option.
- LUKE LANE TO HAVE RONNIE LANE'S
- Luke lane is expecting Ronnie's first grandchild, with girlfriend
Jenny Wakeman. The baby is due in mid December. Congratulations
Luke and Jenny! I know your father would be real proud.
- NEW COMMENTS SECTION
- For all you people that have submitted comments over the
years but with no obvious place to use them on the site, I have
created a comments section solely
for this purpose. Click here! I have
tried to go back and find some of the old comments but it has
been difficult. Some are there but if you have submitted something
and would like it on the site just re-submit
and I'll get it up as soon as possible.
- 25 April, 2003:
- This months Mojo reports that Hank Ballard, lead singer of
the Midnighters has died. Ballard recorded the original version
of the great "Annie Had a Baby" back in 1954 which
Ronnie went on to cover during his famous Rockpalast show. Like
Ronnie they obviously liked the name Annie as it was a follow
up to Ballard's million seller "Work with me Annie".
- Hank is also widely regarded as the uncredited originator
of the Twist. He was born in Detroit in 1936 and died on March
the 2nd of this year.
- If you want to hear the Midnighters version click on this
link (once there click on the record)
- Annie Had a Baby
- Thanks to the great Rupe for sending in the info!
- 4 April, 2003:
- Added a write up about the Passing Show by former fiddle
player for Ronnie Lane during the Passing Show Ken Slaven. Click here to see. Also
added some new pictures and bios to the Slim
Chance page. Thanks Rupe for passing it along!
- Added another song to the section Ronnie
Lane songs that people have covered. Michael Weston King
hascovered (two times) Ronnie's "Annie" (on his albums
"God Shaped Hole" and on
"Live...In Dinky Town") You can visit his website at
- 1 April, 2003:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
- Today is Ronnie Lane Day! Have yourself
a good Ronnie Lane day! Ronnie, we miss you very much.
- 11 March, 2003:
- CHORDS TO DON'T TRY & CHANGE
- Added Chords to Don't
Try & Change My Mind(Thanks Paul Balm), corrected
chords to Done This
One Before,(Thanks Paul again!) and corrected link to
Ronnie Lane & Slim Chance site.
- 25 February, 2003:
- NEW FACES
- Added a link to Dave McNarie's new Faces
Forum. Check it out and share your thoughts on Ronnie Lane
or other members of the Faces. You can also access this Forum
via the message board section
located on the menu bar to the left or just go directly to Dave's Faces site and access
it through there.
- 15 February, 2003:
- Added lyrics to Just For a
Moment(thanks Kyle!) and corrected to lyrics to She's
Leaving.(thanks Mike Wallbridge!)
- JUST SAY NO! (TO WAR)
- DROP BUSH,
- NOT BOMBS!
- (Yes, I am an American)
- 15 December, 2002:
- Corrected lyrics to 32nd st. (Thanks
Rupert Williams) Corrected link to chords for Done
This One Before.(Thanks Paul) Added the Who song Dogs recorded
after The Who Sell Out album to the
songs dedicated to Ronnie Lane section. (thanks to Rupe once
- See a picture of the street named after Plonk himself!
- Click Here
- 30 October, 2002:
- MORE CHORDS!
- Paul Balm has graciously sent in chords to Give
Me A Penny, What
Went Down (that Night with You), Lovely,
and Tin & Tambourine,
There are some missing.incorrect lyrics to Lovely. Please email me if you have any corrections.
- 25 October, 2002:
- NEW CHORDS:
- Chords to April Fool,
Bottle of Brandy (Tommy
Erickkson), Stone, and Anniversary (Paul Balm)
are now available, Great work Guys!
- MAC/BILLY BRAGG UPDATE:
- I was very lucky to catch Mac and Billy Bragg perform the
other night at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC. Mac and Billy
played a heart warming version of Debris that would have brought
a smile to Ronnie's face. After the show, Mac told me that shortly
before this tour they had been performing Glad and Sorry. The
show was superb with Mac completely on. It was quite a special
feeling to actually meet a Small Face and close friend of Plonk's.
The Faces box set is reportedly finished with the exception the
original version of Ooh La La (sung by Ronnie Lane) missing.
Nobody is able to locate it as of yet. If you have any information
that may help in obtaining the original Ooh La La please email
Mac at email@example.com
- If you get a chance, definitely go see Mac and Billy perform
while you can. It is a powerful, entertaining, and politically
charged show (Billy is super political, if you are not a liberal
please be forwarned) For upcoming shows, visit Mac's site for
- Click on the logo above to go there!
- September 26, 2002:
- NEW CHORDS:
- Chords to I'm Just
A Country Boy and I'm
Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter sent in by
Tommy Eriksson are now available. Thanks Tommy!
- September 16, 2002:
- SITE BACK
UP AND RUNNING!
- September 9, 2002:
- You may have experienced some broken
links and trouble with pictures loading. I am working on fixing
all of this. Sorry for the inconvenience. It should all be done
by the end of this week.
- August 29, 2002:
- SEE ME CHORDS, CORRECTED
LYRICS, LONG OVERDUE UPDATE
- Chords to 4 See Me tracks are now available
thanks to Paul Balm: One
Tell Me Now, Your
So Right, and Good
Ol' Boys Boogie, corrected lyrics to
Roll On Babe,
(thanks Gary Soden!) and When
Lad's Has Got Money (thanks Steve!)
- COMPELLING STORY
- A very heartfelt, emotional story sent
in by Terry Knott that is connected to Ronnie and will touch
anyone who reads it. Click
- RONNIE LANE STREET
- There will soon be a street named after
Ronnie. The Newham council has authorized naming a street after
Ronnie, born and raised in Plaistow. More details soon. Some
like a good place for a tribute concert!
- KATE LANE OKAY
- I'm happy to report that Kate and in
good spirits despite having lost her house entirely.
- If I forgot to update anything,
please email me and remind me!
- July 27, 2002:
KATE LANE IN HOUSEFIRE
Sad news today as Kate Lane, the former wife of Ronnie, was in
a terrible house fire. She suffered severe burns and shock but
she is now reovering and should be okay. The house which at one
time her and Ronnie used to live in together, was completely
burned to the ground. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kate
and her family.
- July 8, 2002:
- NEW CHORDS, COVER SONGS,
- Chords to Silk
Stockings and When
Lads Has Got Money have been added
to the site thanks to Phil Emmerson!
- A few new additions to the cover song section:
- Cary Hudson (Ex-BLUE MOUNTAIN) - "Ooh
- Henry McCullough (Rockpalast band)
has released a new CD called "Prospector". It contains
what I've been told is a beautiful rendiiton of "Kuschty
Rye". Also "Done this One Before," by Ocean Colour
Scene and "Spiritual Babe" by Joe Ely.
- Thanks to Roland "my personal
hero" Schmitt for this submission!
- Another addtion to recordings done
at the LMS:
Barry Humphries "Dame Edna Everage: Housewife Superstar,"
thanks Dave McNarie
- June 27, 2002:
- RIP JOHN ENTWISTLE
- May the Ox rest in peace. Thank you
for all those years of virtuoso bass guitar playing. John will
be sadly missed. Too many people are joining Ronnie and Steve...
Slow down guys..... We need you here as long as possible.
- 2 years ago for Halloween, I searched
for a skeleton suit similar to the one Entwistle wore during
the Isle Of Wight Festival. I found one and went dressed as the
Ox. Unfortunately, I did not have anyone join in on the fun and
go as Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, or Keith Moon. When asks
by others what I was dressed as, I said "John Entwistle."
Nobody really got it, but it didn't really matter to me.