JUST THE TRUTH
2 Dozen Logic and Historical Facts refuting the
Apostolicity and Biblicism of the Modern Christian belief systems.
“Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.”
Fellow Christian, what follows are facts of history and logic, not theology or interpretation of Holy Writ. Anyone can twist the Christian Bible to make it say anything they want, hence the plethora of denominations in modern Protestantism today. But history is what it is and quantifiable through research and logic. If you find any fact below is indeed not "100% historically" true, please allow me to correct the error. Please provide the historical data disproving it and allow this to be a 100% historically correct document. But just saying “this or that” is “in the Bible” and therefore the Apostles somehow taught this idea 2000 years ago, is no more “evidence” than the Mormons or the JW provide for the justification and Biblicism of their latter day theologies. These are all facts of history and logic, nothing else. Please "Test" them as the Holy Bible commands and have the courage in Christ to accept what is true and what is impossible to be true. Test what has happened historically and what is impossible to have happened.
(The most surprising facts to modern Christians are #'s 2-6, 10-13, 16-18, 25 and most importantly 28.)
"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8: 31-32
1. Historical Fact: The Christian Bible commands Christians to “Test Everything.” 1 Thess 5:21-22
2. Logic Fact: If an idea/doctrine was invented in the last few hundred years, it is impossible for the idea to have existed in antiquity. This would violate the “Law of non-contradiction.” For example, the electric light bulb did not exist in antiquity. It was invented in the last few hundred years. To claim for example, that “the Apostles wrote scripture by electric lights” is logically impossible for the light bulb did not exist in antiquity. It violates the “Law of non-contradiction:” where something new is at the same time old.
3. Historical Fact: The Protestant belief system and all the Protestant theologies did not exist in the first 1000 years of Christianity in any shape or form. They, like the electric light bulb, were invented in the latter half of the second millennium. One cannot find a single Christian or Christian group who espoused any "distinctly" Protestant idea on Christianity in any manner whatsoever in the first millennium. (Test this.) This is because "distinctly" Protestant ideas/doctrines on Christianity (read non-Catholic) do not predate the renaissance era. (1450-1600) This is an indisputable historical, and to some, surprising fact in Christianity. Test it as the Holy Bible commands:
“Test Everything.” 1 Thess 5:21-22
See: THE ORIGINS & AUTHORS OF THE MODERN CHRISTIAN THEOLOGIES. http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/dates.html
4. Historical Fact: History tells us that modern Protestantism, e.g., Pentecostalism, SDA, Evangelicalism, Prosperity Gospel’s, and Baptist theology/Bible churches/non-denominational churches (which more or less all embrace the same theology), etc. etc., did not even exist during the Protestant reformation (16th century) much less during the time of the Apostles (1st century).
See chart at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism#Movements_within_Protestantism
5. Historical Fact: Most ideas in modern Protestantism were not even embraced by the first Protestants in the 16th century much less the Apostles. Why does modern Protestantism reject the faith of their own reformers and instead embraced traditions of man from the last few hundred years/last few decades? What follows is but a partial list of beliefs from the first Protestants in the 16th century. Most modern Protestant communities today are theologically 180 degrees out from their Protestant founders as demonstrated below.
The first Protestants embraced ALL of the following, they:
1. Baptized Infants as well as adults.
2. Baptized by immersion, sprinkling and pouring.
3. Did not embrace the “Once Saved Always Saved” idea because it was not invented yet.
4. Embraced the saving power of Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and considered it a sacrament. "Baptism...now saves you" (1 Pet. 3:20–21)
5. They embraced the Holy Eucharist as a Sacrament and believed in the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. ( John 6:52-54, Mark 14:22-24. Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, 1 Cor. 10:16)
6. The first Protestants embraced the perpetual virginity of the Virgin Mary and her historic Christian title "Mother of God" (Luke 1:43).
7. They did not embrace the belief in the Rapture, the seven-year Tribulation or the literal thousand-year reign of Christ, i.e. Dispensationalism or the "Left Behind" idea because it was not invented yet.
8. They decried civil divorce by a secular and pagan state authority, and on that state's authority they decried the RE-marriage of Christians against what God has previously joined together in a Holy Christian marriage, a practice enjoyed by all Protestant communities today. (See Mark 10:9; Luke 16:17-18)
9. They would not even consider Female Clergy, which is embraced by many Protestant communities today.
10. And they would be aghast that many Protestant churches today openly accept homosexual clergy and homosexuality in general.
The Apostles and your own Protestant reformers would “roll over in their graves” if they learned what Modern Protestantism and your pastor is teaching today as “The Gospel of Jesus Christ.” If you believe or your pastor teaches any idea above is “Biblical,” why is it your own reformers didn’t teach these "Biblical" ideas in the 16th century?? The Holy Scriptures tell us that Christ’s Gospel does not change, so how did it change for your pastor?
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings." Hebrews 13:8-9
6. Historical Fact: the Christian Bible states explicitly that not everything is “in the Bible.”
"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book" (John 20:30) ****
"But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." (John 21:25)
7. Historical Fact: The definition and understanding of God in the "Holy Trinity" is not in the Christian Bible. Nowhere does the Holy Bible teach us the definition of the Holy Trinity: One God, three persons, all eternally coexistent with each other. Or explicitly teach that the Holy Spirit is Divine and the 3rd person of the Blessed Trinity, and that it proceeded from the Father and the Son as most Christian churches profess. In fact the very word "Trinity" is unbiblical. History records that it was Christ’s Church at the Council of Nicea in the 4th century that finalized the definition of God and the Holy Trinity. History records they used the Holy Scriptures, but not "Solely" to define GOD.
8. Historical Fact: The Christian Bible does not teach the nature of Christ at the incarnation. Was He born man and became God, born God and became man? Was he half God and half man? Did he have one nature or two? Was he one person or two: i.e., was one person God and the other person man?… Only Christ’s Church, by the power of the Holy Spirit gives us this information. "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth” John 16: 12-13. Christ at the incarnation is defined as: One Person with two natures, one fully human and one fully divine. This understanding of Jesus Christ is outside the Holy Bible yet salient to our understanding of His Gospel and God Himself. History records that it was Christ's Church at the Council of Chalcedon that defined the nature of Christ believed by Christians today, for the Holy Bible did not provide this information.
9. Historical Fact: The Christian Bible never states that Christ commissioned His Apostles to write a book(s). History tells us that Christ commissioned His Apostles to "build His Church" (Matt 16) and to “teach all nations” (Matt 28). There is no knowledge of Him ever writing anything Himself, and we did not have a completed Bible in its present form until the 4th century. For over 300 years Christ’s early Church flourished without the complete Bible we know today. Since 99.99% of the ancient world was illiterate, Christians learned of Jesus Christ and His Gospel primarily through the oral teachings of the Church He founded in Matt 16:16-19, just as Christ commanded in Matt 28:20 “teach all nations.”
10. Historical/Logic Fact: The original manuscripts of the Holy Bible do not exist anymore . All Christians have today are “copies of copies of copies,” for the original manuscripts are dust. Logic dictates that either Christ’s Holy Church was infallible in coping these copies or it wasn’t. If Christ’s Church was not infallible in this endeavor, then the Bible is not infallible either, for mistakes were possible and probable. How can Christians trust it to be the accurate Word of God, if Christ's Church was not infallible in this endeavor?
11. Historical/Logical Fact: Nowhere in the Christian Bible does it tell Christians what books belong in the Bible. Again, either Christ’s Holy Church was infallible in this endeavor or it wasn’t. If it wasn’t, perhaps one of those books shouldn’t be there or vise versa. This information on the canon of scripture is outside the writings of the Holy Bible. It was decided by the Catholic Council of Carthage in 419AD. See link from Protestant Calvin College: http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf214.xv.iv.iv.xxv.html
12. Historical Fact: The Christian Bible repeatedly speaks of Christ's disciples “teach[ing] all nations.” "Teach them to observe all I have taught you and behold I am with you always until the end of the world” Matt 28:20. **** "The things which you have heard from me through many witnesses you must hand on to trustworthy men who will be able to teach others." (2 Tim, 2:2) **** "Hold fast to the traditions whether they come in oral or written form." 2 Thess 2:15 Etc.
13. Historical Fact: The Holy Bible never mentions or implies the "Sola" in Sola Scriptura or the “ONLY” in the Bible Only idea. Never does the Holy Bible teach us to use ONLY or SOLA the Bible. Not only is the phrase unbiblical, but the concept is unbiblical as well as being absent from Christianity until the renaissance era. See:
History 101, An Exercise in Logic. http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/#sola
14. Historical Fact: The Holy Bible states in 2 Peter 1:20 that “personal interpretation” of Scripture is forbidden:
"First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation."
15. Historical Fact: In the Christian book of Acts, it is recorded that the Bereans “searched the Scriptures,” but so did the Thessalonians (See Acts 17 again). The former accepted ST Paul’s message and the extra-biblical revelations about Jesus Christ from the Apostle, where the Thessalonians rejected the Apostle’s teachings, sticking SOLELY to the Scriptures.
See Did the Bereans "Search the Scriptures" and thereby follow the "Bible Only"theory? Or did the Thessalonians? http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/bereans.html
16. Historical Fact: ALL Christian Bibles before the 16th century (without exception) contained "73" inspired books. In the 16th century, Martin Luther removed 7 Old Testament books from the canon of Scripture. Again, every single Bible before Martin Luther had 73 books in its canon. There does not exist a Bible before Luther’s time that is missing the 7 books he removed. Even Tyndall’s Bible had 73 books. “Test Everything.” 1 Thess 5:21-22 This means that modern Protestants are missing 7 inspired books enjoyed by all Christians for a millennium until a man named Martin Luther, by his own authority, removed these books from the canon of Sacred Scripture.
17. Historical Fact: Although Luther removed these 7 Old Testament books from the canon of Scripture, they still remained part of his Bible; he allocated them to an appendix in his German translation. Even the original KJV had these 7 books in an appendix. They were totally removed from the Holy Bible in the 1820’s by the British Bible Society. Hence, all Protestant Bible’s today are missing what all Christian Bibles embraced for 1000+ years before Martin Luther: 7 more inspired books from the finger of God. "I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words in the prophetic book, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city described in this book." Rev. 22:18-19
18. Historical Fact: There was only One Christian faith in the first millennium, it was called the "Catholic Faith." There were not two Christian faiths or twenty thousand+ as we have today. There was but one Christian Faith as the Holy Bible dictates: "There is One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God." (Eph 4:5-6 ) In the first millennium, the same millennium the Apostles lived, there was but one Christian (Catholic or Universal) faith. Test this.
19. Historical Fact: “Catholic” or “Katholikos” is the Greek word for “Universal,” as in the Universal Church. The Church of Corinth did not differ in beliefs from the Church in Rome or the Church in India. Christ’s Church is a Universal Church.
20. Historical Fact: Christ’s Church was called Catholic in written form as early as 110AD. Therefore it was logically called Catholic in verbal form before this date. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of St John the Apostle, and second Bishop of Antioch wrote in 110AD:
"Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]). Read more quotes at: http://www.catholic.com/library/What_Catholic_Means.asp
21. Historical Fact: There are more authors of the New Testament who were NOT Apostles then there were Apostles.
(Authors who were Apostles: John, Matthew, Paul, Peter. Authors who were not Apostles: James [not written by the Apostle James], Jude, Luke, Mark and the anonymous writer of Hebrews.) These non-Apostles were part part of Christ's early Church who embraced the only Christian Faith of the first millennium: the Catholic Faith. The Christian Bible states: "I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Cor. 11:2), and the Apostle commands the Thessalonians, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). He even goes so far as to order, "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us" (2 Thess. 3:6). To make sure that the apostolic tradition would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, the Christian Bible has Paul telling Timothy, "[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage the Christian Bible refers to the first four generations of apostolic succession—Paul's own generation, Timothy’s generation, the generation Timothy will teach, and the generation they in turn will teach. 
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament authors.
22. Historical Fact: History is absent of any evidence supporting what some modern Christians claim, that there was a secret sect of “true believers” who carried the true faith for 1500+ years to the reformation. There is more evidence for Bigfoot and the Lock Ness Monster than there is for this underground fantasy sect theory. It just doesn’t exist. “Test Everything.” 1 Thess 5:21-22
23. Historical Fact: History confirms the Apostle Peter was the leader of the NT Church; in the Holy Bible he is always mentioned first, he was the only Apostle Christ gave the "Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven" to (Matt 16:16-19) and it was he who presided over the Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15. In fact in all of recorded history, (Christian and secular alike), history tells us he was Christianity’s first pope as any encyclopedia will demonstrate. See http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1E1-popesTABLE.html
24. Historical Fact: The Christian Bible speaks of Christ’s Church in glowing terms of authority and mission: **** "The church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of Truth" 1 Tim 3:15. **** “ If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Mt 18:17-18 **** "Teach them to observe all I have taught you and behold I am with you always until the end of the world” Matt 28:20. **** "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.” John 16:12-13 Etc.
25. Logic Fact: Logic prescribes that if we take Christ’s Word to be true, the “Gates of Hell” never prevailed against His Church. "And I say that thou art Peter, and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it, I give you the keys to kingdom of Heaven, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven and what ever you loosen on earth will be loosened in Heaven." Matt 16:16-19. If the Gates of Hell did prevail against Christ’s Church and it became apostate necessitating the Protestant reformation, Christ was a fraud who’s "word" means nothing. Conversely, if Christ’s Word is true, then the Gates of Hell never overcame Christ’s Church and the Protestant reformation, as it changed Christ's Gospel, was an aberration. Logic dictates either Christ is true to His Word or He is not.
26. Historical Fact: The Catholic Church in 2000 years has never countermanded its position on faith or morals. It has never capitulated to social pressure or politics or a “vote from the congregation” and reversed itself on what is right or moral. Or declared what was a sin yesterday,,, not a sin today as every other Christian organization has. E.g., divorce and remarriage, abortion, homosexuality, female clergy, birth control (even the first reformers unanimously decried birth control as a grave sin.) Just as the Holy Spirit guides the Holy Bible from error, the same Spirit guides Christ’s Church from error in matters of Faith or Morals. "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth” John 16:13. **** “And behold I am with you always until the end of the world” Matt 28:20
27. Historical Fact. The Catholic Church and only the Catholic Church embraces all that the Apostles "historically" taught. Only the Catholic Faith embraces without exception what history records as the teachings of Christ and His Apostles to His infant Church. Only the Catholic Church embraces the only Faith of the first millennium, because the only faith of the first millennium was the Catholic Faith. (Test this).
See: Two Part Challenge:
1. Find one doctrine "Christ's early Church believed" that His Church today "no longer" does. and
2. The Catholic faith has "Never" countermanded or reversed any of its doctrines. Find one it has. http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/3challenge.html
28. Historical Fact: There is absolutely no support in the Christian Bible for any of the following 45+ unbiblical ideas and doctrines.
"Bible Only" Christian or "Bible Believing" Christian?
Click Here: 45+ Modern Christian Practices and Doctrines not found in the Holy Bible...
29. Historical Fact: As far as other gospels, the Christian Bible declares:
"As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that you have received, let him be accursed." Gal 1:8-9. Scripture dictates that we should reject ALL other gospels not taught by the Apostles to Christ’s early Church. If a theology or belief system did not exist in the first millennium, (Mormon, JW, Protestant etc), how did the Apostles teach these ideas to Christ’s early Church? It’s historically impossible on a linear and sequential timeline for these ideas to be apostolic or biblical, for history prescribes the origin and the author of each idea in the latter half of the second millennium. Logic dictates that we should reject all of these theologies for the exact same reason, and that reason is that they didn’t exist in antiquity for the Apostles to teach to Christ’s early Church.
30. Logic Fact: Logic dictates that if the Apostles did not teach an idea or doctrine, (because it was not in existence yet), it would be impossible for them to write it into the New Testament Bible.
31. Historical Fact: Modern Protestantism embraces over 20,000+ new and distinct belief systems or "Statements of Faith." A simple search for "church" in any cities "Yellow Pages" demonstrates this plurality of gospels. Yet the Christian Scriptures say: “God is not a God of confusion but of peace” 1 Cor 14:33
32. Historical Fact: The Christian Scriptures state:
"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God,
because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4
Everything above is 100% true and historically accurate. If you disagree, Test it historically as the Holy Bible commands and allow it to be corrected.. But if you can’t refute it historically and logically, have the courage and love for Jesus Christ to accept what you now know to be true. Just saying something is "Biblical" over and over does not mean it's so, for it's only "Biblical" if and only if the Apostles taught it to Christ's early Church, and subsequently wrote it into the Holy Scriptures.
Our Lord tells us:
"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8: 31-32
Just because you have believed something for years one end, doesn’t mean it’s true. I just want to believe as the Apostles taught Christ’s early Church, no matter where it leads me and no matter what it cost me. I pray you feel the same way.
History records Jesus Christ as stating:
``If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.'' (Matt. 16:24).
"and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me." (Matt 10:38).
God Bless you and all you do,
Please email me with your thoughts and historical corrections if any:
Intro to the Catholic Faith for Evangelicals http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/index2.htm
Catholic Answers: "Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth" A compendium of basic Catholic beliefs and the Biblicism behind these beliefs. http://www.catholic.com/library/pillar.asp
2. JUST THE TRUTH: 2 Dozen Logic and Historical Facts Refuting the Apostolicity and Biblicism of the Modern Christian Belief Systems "Test Everything." 1 Thess 5:21 http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/justfacts.html
3. An Exercise in Logic, Two Logic Proofs from History 101 demonstrating how the modern Christian theologies did not even exist in the first millennium, making it impossible for Christ and His Apostles to have taught to His early Church.
4. Three uneasy questions for your pastor concerning his personal theology. http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/formypastor.html
9. Modern Christians often ask: "WHAT ELSE IS THERE? What else has Christ's infallible authority besides the Holy Bible?" Featuring the verses not underlined in most Bibles nor taught in modern Christian seminaries or churches. http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/whatelse.html
12. Did the BEREANS "Search the Scriptures" and therefore follow the BIBLE ONLY idea?
Or did the THESSALONIANS, who also "Searched the Scriptures? http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/bereans.html
13. The 3rd Unanswered Challenge for the Non-Catholic Theologies:
Is the Catholic Faith Apostolic? Name just one Catholic doctrine that isn't. Name one doctrine the early Church believed,,,, that the Catholic Faith today *no longer does*. Why can't the modern Christian theologies make the same bold claim? http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/3challenge.html
14. Biblically, did the "Official Teachings or Doctrines of the Catholic Faith" become corrupt or Apostate as your Pastor might teach? Are there verses in the Holy Scriptures that forbid the "Gates of Hell" from overcoming His Church? What does the Holy Bible really say about: "The Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth" 1 Tim :15? http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/gatesofhell.html
15. Is Praying to Saints Biblical? Is the "HAIL MARY" Prayer Biblical? Read the verses not underlined in your pastors Bible nor taught in his church. http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/saints.html
16. How Modern Christian are compelled to use and embrace an unbiblical and anti-biblical definition and concept of a Christian Church. http://www.angelfire.com/home/protestantchallenges/onchurch.html