Out of Ecuador
Importing handcrafts and homewares from Ecuador to Australia:
- Colourful treadleloomed and machineloomed tablecloths and sofa throws from Otavalo -
new designs (Spring 2001)
- Handloomed wool rugs from Otavalo - view some samples
- Colourful and sturdy treadleloomed hammocks
- Naive paintings and painted boxes and furniture by Tigua community
- Colourful reed (paja toquilla) basketware - new stock Spring 2001.
- Handloomed wool bags and wool/leather backpacks NOW ON SPECIAL (limited stock)
- Scarves, hairclasps and other accessories and ornaments.
Where and When we will be trading next
colourful tablecloths/sofa throws
sumptuous single bedcovers
brilliant basketware (pictures to be added soon)
New arrivals: Spring 2001.
Keep me informed!
For enquiries about Out of Ecuador products please contact us:
Sharon Byard and Patricio Ortiz
20 Beach Street
Clovelly NSW 2031
telephone 61 + 2 + 96655119
Links to sites about handcrafts of Ecuador
Information about and pictures of Tigua paintings
Photos and information of the indigenous community of Otavalo and their textiles
A master weaver of Otavalo who still uses the traditional backstrap loom.