Generation No. 3
JOHN3 MARTIN (JOHN2 MARTYN/MARTIN, EDWARD1 MARTYN)1 was born March 15, 1674 in Swansea, MA2, and died November 3, 1757 in Swansea, MA3,4. He married (1) MERCY HAYWARD 1701 in Rehoboth, MA5. He married (2) MERCY THURBER April 4, 1713 in Rehoboth, MA6,7.
Notes for JOHN MARTIN:
There is a Martin House in Rehoboth that is a museum. It was built in 1728 by our John Martin's son, John. This plot of land had been the site of a previous house of our John Martyn /Martin that was burned by the Native Americans at the beginning of King Phillip's War. Our John passed it to his son John. The farm originally included 100 acres of land. The Martin House is now closed due to lack of funds to keep it open. In this house is John Martyn/Martin's Bible and a staff he brought over from England.
Children of JOHN MARTIN and MERCY HAYWARD:
1. SARAH MARTIN, m. CALEB BOOMEN.
3. HANNAH MARTIN, m. THOMAS LEWIS.
4. JOANNA MARTIN.
4. 1. JOHN4 MARTIN, b. June 26, 1709; m. MARY.
5. MARCY MARTIN, m. SQUIRE EBENEZER BULLOCK, November 12, 1730.
Children of JOHN MARTIN and MERCY THURBER :
6. BARBARA4 MARTIN, b. March 13, 1714.
7. MARY MARTIN, b. March 17, 1715.
8. LT. HEZEKIAH MARTIN, b. September 7, 1719; d. November 11, 1789; m. (1) HANNAH ANDROS, March 28, 1741, Rehoboth, MA; m. (2) HULDAH LUTHER, September 10, 1766, Rehoboth, MA.
9. ELIZABETH MARTIN, b. October 1, 1722; m. (1) WHEELER PIERCE; m. (2) ICHABOD BOSWORTH.
10. ANNE MARTIN, b. March 22, 1725.
11. BENJAMIN MARTIN, b. June 5, 1734, MA; d. June 23, 1814, MA; m. SARAH KINGSLEY, 1750.
Benjamin Martin (1734-1814) served as private in Capt. Smith's company, Colonel Simons' regiment, Massachusetts troops. He was born and died in Swansea, Mass. Service: PVT
in Rev. War from MA
12. JEMINA MARTIN, m. VALENTINE BOWEN.
1. All John's children verified thru vital records.
2. Swansea Vital Records.
3. Will of John Martin.
4. Swansea Vital Records.
5. Rehoboth Vital Records.
6. Family History Library, Film #0562559.
7. Rehoboth Vital Records.