- His full name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III
- His birthday is October 17, 1972
- Eminem's zodiac sign in Libra
- Eminem's favorite drink is Mountain Due
- He is left handed
- He wears glasses
- He cuts his own hair
- His favorite color is light blue
- He's 5'9"
- Eminem's shoe size is 10 1/2
- He was born in St. Joseph, MO
- Moved to Kansas, MO from St. Joseph, MO and finally settled in Detroit,
- Moved constantly from Missouri to Warren to Kansas City
- Mainly from Detroit, Michigan
- Lives in Clinton Township (Detroit), Michigan
- Eminem is 29 years old
- Eminem has a total of 10 tattoos.
- An "EMINEM" tattoo on his upper right arm
- A picture of Hailie right above it that says "Bonnie &
Clyde" underneath it
- A vertical "Hailie Jade" tattoo on the back of his right arm
- A "D" near his right elbow (the 1st part of his D12 tattoo)
- A 12 near his left elbow (the 2nd part of his D12 tattoo)
- A tribal sign on his left wrist that he got in memory of Bugz (a
former member of D12 that passed away)
- A "Slim Shady" tattoo completed with mushrooms on his upper
- A "Ronnie RIP" tattoo that's right under the "Slim
- A "Kim Rot In Pieces" tattoo on his torso
- A "Slit Me" tattoo on his right wrist
- Eminem's tattoo artist is Mr. Cartoon, who is located in California
- Schools that Eminem attended:
- Dort Elementary School
- Osborne Junior High School
- Lincoln High School
- Eminem dropped out of school after failing 9th grade 3 times, mainly
because he skipped school too many times to battle kids on the street
- He wanted to concentrate a lot more on his rap than school
- Eminem's major influences growing up were his uncle, Ronnie; the Beastie
Boys; LL Cool J; 2 Live Crew; Run DMC; and 3rd Bass
- Eminem fell in love with rap when she 1st heard Ice-T's
"Reckless" and started writing rhymes when he was 12 years old
- Eminem would spend hours at night studying the dictionary so that he could
expand his vocabulary for his raps
- Eminem worked for a factory called Gibbs Machinery when he was 16.
He had a lot of odd jobs (sweeping floors, taking out the trash) and also
worked at Little Ceaser's Pizza
- Eminem was a short-order cook at a restaurant called Gilbert's Lodge in
St. Claire Shores, Michigan. Whenever he had some lyrics he needed to
write down, he'd write them on some receipts. When his friends came to
eat, he would also rap things off the menu to them.
- Eminem was really quiet at school and had a hard time making friends, but
started becoming more social in the 8th grade
- Eminem used to spend his free time watching TV and reading comic books
- The 4 recorded dates for Eminem getting beat up by D'Angelo Bailey were:
- October 15, 1981 -- Marshall go beat up, was bruised, got the wind
knocked out of him, had nausea, abnormal sleepiness, and had injuries
toward is lips and tongue.
- November 14, 1981 -- Marshall suffered another beating during recess,
and had sleeplessness, vomiting, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
- December 21, 1981 -- Marshall suffered yet another beating with
injuries toward his face, head, back, and legs.
- January 13, 1982 -- Marshall was intentionally hit with a snowball
containing a heavy object, was mainly wounded severely while lying on
the ground and eventually went into a coma and an intermittent loss of
vision in his right eye and an intermittent loss of hearing. (this
info was based on official legal documents because the Mathers family
tried to sue the school board, but lost.)
- Eminem was 14 when he wrote his first rap song and he wrote it to LL Cool
J's "I'm Bad"
- Eminem says that D'Angelo was the biggest kid in school and he was the
- Eminem started walking at 11 months
- As a young boy, Eminem had a crush on Madonna
- Eminem failed ninth grade before dropping out in 1989
- When Eminem was younger, he would often come up with rhymes while trying
to fall asleep. In order to remember them, he used to write them on
the wall above his bed in pencil. Once, while he was truing to rub one
of his rhymes off, he accidentally scraped the paint off
- Kim also attended Lincoln High, but eventually dropped out with Eminem
- Eminem was 15 and Kim was 13 when they met
- Eminem and Kim met at one of their friend's house, she came over while he
was lip-synching to LL Cool J songs and jumping on the furniture
- Eminem and Kim married on June 14, 1999 in St. Joseph, MO. It was a
private ceremony until Kim revealed it to the Detroit News in 2000. The word also go out when stupid Christina Aguilera announced the marriage
on MTV when the couple wasn't even ready to make that announcement. The couple tried to keep their marriage a secret because of the fact
Eminem was considering one of hip hop's most eligible bachelors and thought
that if the word got out, it would hurt record sales. (even Eve said that if she had to be with a white boy, it would be Eminem)
- Ex-wife is Kimberly Anne Scott
- Eminem and Kim tried to work out their differences but filed for a divorce
a 2nd time
- Eminem filed for divorce August 2000; reconciled December 2000; Kim filed
for divorce a few months later
- Official date of divorce was March 1, 2001
- Eminem has a daughter, Hailie Jade Scott (born December 25, 1995)
- Mom's name is Deborah Mathers-Brigg, Dad's name is Marshall Mathers II
- His dad left him and his mom when Eminem was only 6 months old
- His dad is now a factory worker in San Diego
- He has a half brother named Nathaniel Mathers Briggs
- Hailie plays video games and colors while Eminem records in the
- Eminem watches Dora the Explorer, Hey Arnold, and the Powerpuff Girls with
- Eminem's 8-year-old niece, Amy is a big influence on Hailie. He says
that she and Hailie feed off of each other, because Hailie learns a lot from
- Eminem and Kim used to live in all black neighborhoods, so they would
usually meet each other half way or at the railroad tracks to avoid
harm. Eminem would usually get beat up on the way there and even got
- Kim has a twin sister named Dawn
- Eminem's half brother, Nathan, was born in 1986
- Eminem has two half brothers: Michael, 23 and Nathan, 14.
- Eminem has a half sister named Sarah, who is 21
- Eminem's great-great-great grandmother, Alisa MacAllister, was Scottish
- Eminem's mother is Scandinavian and his father's family is from the South
- Before he heard rap, he wanted to be a comic book artist
- The 1st rap song he ever heard was from the soundtrack "Breakin"
and the song was called "Reckless" by Ice-T
- Eminem says that the next group he's going to sign to his label, Shady
Records, are the Outsidaz
- The name of Eminem's new DJ is Green Lantern
- Eminem's uncle, Ronnie, bought him his 1st rap album, the "Breakin"
soundtrack. The album also inspired him to become the expert break dancer
he is today
- Eminem was in a couple of groups before he decided to go solo in
1997. Some of the groups included: Basement Productions, the New
Jacks, and Soul Intent. 1 of there groups would perform wearing ski
masks and sweat suits. When they finished their set, they would
- Eminem and Dido had never met until the "Stan" video and the 1st
time they performed the song together was on SNL
- Eminem still gets nervous before going on stage
- Dre discovered Eminem after finding his demo tape on the floor of his
studio. Then after Eminem won 2nd place in the Rap Olympics, he
decided to sign him to his label
- Eminem has his own record label, Shady Records, and has D12, Obie Trice,
and 50 Cent signed to it
- Eminem's favorite collaboration with Dre is "Forgot About Dre,"
but both of them say that they haven't even come close to the best that they
can do on a record
- Eminem would someday like to pursue and acting career
- Paul "Bunyan" Rosenberg had been Eminem's manager since 1995
- The name if the song playing in the background of "The Kiss"
(skit on The Eminem Show) is called "Everyone's Looking At
Me." It was a song that Eminem recorded for The Wash soundtrack,
but never made it
- Eminem was embarrassed to release "Hailie's Song" at first
- Hailie came up with the hook to "My Dad's Gone Crazy"
on day, while Eminem was mixing "Soldier." She was there
playing around and said "Somebody please help him!"
- Eminem is doing some collabos with Kid Rock and Xzibit that will be out
- Eminem had been wanting to sample Aerosmith's "Dream On" since
he was 16 or 17. Proof reminded his about it and Eminem sampled it for
"Sing for the Moment"
- To record "Just the Two of Us" with Hailie in the studio, (now
known as "Bonnie and Clyde '97") Eminem told Kim he was going to
take Hailie to Chuck E, Cheese
- When Eminem writes his lyrics, he starts at the corner of the paper and
writes downward instead of writing on the lines
- IN the video "My Name Is," Eminem was not supposed to get hit in
the face with the newspaper at the beginning and was not supposed to fall of
the chair. They were both accidents but the directors decided to keep
them in the video
- Eminem and Dre go the idea for "Guilty Conscience"'s second
verse from the movie "Animal House"
- The background for "Kim" was on a 1983 episode of "Growing
- Eminem independently released his 1st album, Infinite, in 1996.
was mocked as being a knock-off of Nas and Jay-Z
- His new LP, "The Eminem Show," came out May 26th, 2002
- The Marshall Mathers LP was originally going to be titled Amsterdam
- By selling 1.7 million copies in its first week, Eminem's Marshall Mathers
LP became the fastest-selling album in rap history
- 8 Mile release date pushed back to November 8, 2002
- Eminem plays Jimmy Smith Jr. aka. B-Rabbit in 8 Mile
- Eminem had to lose weight dye his hair brown (Curtis Hanson didn't want
that Slim Shady look), and go to 6 weeks of Rehearsals for the movie 8 Mile
- Eminem's "Cleanin Out My Closet" will be in the movie 8 Mile
- 8 Mile is loosely based on Eminem's life.
He plays a rapper who
struggles to gain fame.
- 8 Mile is named after the street in Detroit that divides the black and
- A purple 1999 Ford Mustang convertible purchased by Eminem with his first
royalty check has found a new home in Courtney Wittenberns' garage. Now she just has to wait until 2006 when she'll actually be old enough to
- Eminem leases a Mercedes Benz. Eminem traded in his '99 purple
Mustang too to Russ Milne Ford Inc. of Macomb, Michigan, and the car was
later auctioned off online for $27,000
- Eminem like shopping at K-Mart, but is mad because he can't go as much
because of his fame
- Tom Green and South Park make him laugh like crazy
- Eminem hung out with Jay-Z at his record release party in NY till 3 am
- Eminem likes to play arcades at his house. He has Popeye, Dig Dug,
and Ms. Pacman
- Some of Eminem's favorite movies are How High?, Orange County, and The
- Eminem attends public community meeting and even lets kids in the
neighborhood play basketball at his house
- Eminem got his Rolex watch from Jimmy Iovine, the head of Interscope
Records. 1 day, he was playing around and started complaining about
how Kid Rock got a Rolex for Christmas and all he got was some free CDs to
give to his cousins. So yeah, they gave Eminem a Rolex and he was
- Eminem's idea of splurging is spending $500 or $600 at Nike Town.
He's not used to having so much money and doesn't really know what to do
- Eminem gave Paul Rosenberg one of the Grammys that he won in 2000
- Eminem feels that he can't trust anybody he meets, because he thinks tat
they are just trying to befriend him because he's famous.
- Eminem wishes he had a Taco Bell in his backyard because he likes it so
much. He likes the beef burrito and beef chalupa.
- Eminem likes Burger King, McDonald's, and Wendy's
- Eminem like to keep in touch with his circle of friends who know him as
- Eminem considers himself to be a "happy individual" even though
a lot of people think he's pissed off 24/7
- Eminem says that writing lyrics is his way of venting
- Eminem claimed he still sees a white dot in his right eye from time to
time (from D'Angelo's beating)
- Eminem hates to be asked the color of his skin.
He replies to this
question with, "Unless you want to f*** me, why do you care what I look
- Eminem's all time favorite rapper is Tupac Shakur
- Eminem has Cameo in the "wash"
- Eminem's mom sued Eminem for $12 million for defamation, settled for
- His greatest fear is a crazed fan will kill him at a concert
- The night before the Rap Olympics, Eminem had to break into his own home
because he was evicted. He had to sleep on the floor of a house with
no heating or running water.
- Although Eminem likes playing basketball, his friends say he can't dribble
the ball without traveling
- Eminem listens to almost all hip hop
- 1997 Wake Up Show Freestyle Performer of the Year (from LA)
- 1999 Grammy For Best Rap Album -- The Slim Shady LP
- 1999 Grammy For Best Rap Solo Performance -- "My Name Is"
- 1999MTV Video Music Award For Best New Artist -- "My Name Is"
- 2000 MTV Europe Music Award For Best Hip Hop Artist
- 2000 MTV Europe Music Award For Best Album -- The Marshall Mathers LP
- 2000 Ericksson Muzik Awards Virgin Megastore's Best Album
- 2000 Music of Black Origin Award - Best Hip Hop Act
- 2000 Much Music Video Award People's Choice: International Artist --
"The Real Slim Shady"
- 2000 Right On Magazine Award Best Male Hip Hop Performer of the Year
- 2000 MTV Video Music Award For Best Video of the Year -- "The Real
- 2000 MTV Video Music Award For Best Rap Video (w/Dre) -- "Forgot
- 2000 MTV Video Music Award For Best Male in a Video -- "The Real Slim
- 2000 Source Award For Best Video of the Year -- "Guilty
- 2000 Source Award For Best Lyricist Of the Year
- 2001 MTV Europe Music Award For Best Hip Hop
- 2001 Source Award For Best Video of the Year -- "Stan"
- 2001 World Music Award For World's Best Selling Rap Artist
- 2001 Blockbuster Entertainment Award For Favorite Male Artist
- 2001 Blockbuster Entertainment Award For Favorite Artist -- Rap
- 2001 ESPN Music Artist of the Year, skateboarding
- 2001 Detroit Music Award For Best National Album -- The Marshall Mathers
- 2001 Detroit Music Award For Best National Single -- "The Real Slim
- 2001 Billboard Music Award For Best Maximum Vision Clip of the Year --
"The Real Slim Shady"
- 2001 Playboy Poll Music Award For Best Music Video -- "The Real Slim
- 2001 Playboy Poll Music Award For Best R&B/Rap Vocalist
- 2001 Juno Award For Best Selling Album (Foreign or Domestic) -- The
Marshall Mathers LP
- 2001 Grammy for Best Rap Album of the Year -- The Marshall Mathers
- 2001 Grammy for Best Rap Duo or Group (w/Dre) -- "Forgot About Dre"
- 2001 Grammy for Best Rap Solo Performance -- "The Real Slim
- 2001 New Music Express Award For Best Hip Hop/Rap Act