Why is history important?
above heading, on a new page in your book or folder, write out the
following three points.
· "A country without history is like a person without a memory."
· By studying the past, you better understand the events happening today.
Also you are better able to make the right decisions.
From the following site http://www.learnhistory.org.uk/whyhistory.htm
select one other point that you think is a good reason for studying
History, and write this out as well.
3. Watch the following video (use your ear phones!):
one of the people on the
list below, find out about their life and then write about them using
the headings given.
(Use your own words! and the total amount you write should be about one hundred words.)
Þ Rosalind Franklin
(4. is from: http://passmoreshistory.homestead.com/home~ns4.html )
Use the following headings to organise your writing:
- When and where they lived?
- What was their job?
- Why were they famous?
- What did people think of them?
- How did this person or his discoveries help other people?
Draw and colour, or print off and paste in
your book an interesting picture of the person from the past that you
researched. For example: