THE FIFTH LUMINOUS MYSTERY
The The Institution of the Eucharist
- "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer."
- Jesus took bread, blessed it, "Take and eat, this is My Body."
- Taking the wine, "This cup is the new covenant in My Blood, shed for you."
- At that Eucharistic meal, Jesus celebrated the first Mass.
- At every Mass the sacrifice of Calvary is made present.
- At the Last Supper Jesus instituted the sacrament of Holy Orders to perpetuate this sacrifice.
- "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me and I in him.
- The Eucharist is a sacrifice inasmuch as it is offered up, and a sacrament inasmuch as it is received.
- In the Mass we offer ourselves to God and God gives Himself to us.
- The Mass will be fruitful in the measure of our surrender to the Father.