THE FOURTH LUMINOUS MYSTERY
- Jesus took Peter, James and John up a high mountain to pray.
- Jesus was transfigured before them.
- "His face became as dazzling as the sun. His clothes as radiant as light."
- This was to forify their faith to withstand the coming tragedy of the Passion.
- Jesus foresaw the "scandal of the cross," and prepared them for it by this manifestation of His glory.
- Moses and Elias (representing teh Law and the prophets of the Old Testament) were conversing with Jesus about His passion.
- "Do not think I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets...but to fulfill them."
- From a cloud came a voice, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him."
- Jesus admonishes them not to tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man rises from the dead.
- We too will behold the transfigured Jesus on the Last Day.