THE SECOND LUMINOUS MYSTERY
The Wedding at Cana
- Jesus, His mother and disciples were invited to a wedding in Cana of Galilee.
- During the wedding feast, the wine ran short.
- Mary turned to Jesus: "They have no wine."
- Jesus replied, "What would you have Me do? My hour has not yet come."
- Mary said to the waiters, "Do whatever He tells you."
- There were six stone water jars, each holding fifteen to twenty gallons.
- Jesus bids the waiters to fill the jars with water, and then draw some out and take it to the chief steward.
- The chief steward says to the groom, "Every man serves the good wine first...but you have saved the good wine until now."
- At Mary's request, Jesus worked His first miracle.
- By His presence, Christian marriage was raised to the dignity of a Sacrament.