- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven: "But first seek the Kingdom and the will of God..." Mt. 6:33
- Blessed are those who are mourning, for they shall be comforted: "So when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come with her weeping...Jesus began to weep." Jn. 11:33, 35
- Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth: "For the least of all of you...he's the one who is great." Lk 9:48
- Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful." Lk. 6:36
- 5. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst to do God's will, for they shall have their fill: "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him." Jn 6:56
- 6. Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God: "I've come down from Heaven not to do my will, But to do the will of Him Who sent me." Jn 6:38
- 7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God: "...and be at peace with one another." Mk. 9:50
- 8. Blessed are those persecuted for doing God's will, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven: "Jesus said: Bless those who curse you, pray for those who insult you." Lk. 6:28
This site was created on December 15, 2002.
Updated on June 8, 2006.
Copyright © 2000-2006 - Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii
All Rights Reserved
Background is exclusively for Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii