The Works of Mercy
THE CORPORAL ACTS
- To feed the hungry: "For I was hungry and you gave me to eat." Mt. 25:35
- To give drink to the thirsty: "...I was thirsty and you gave me to drink..." Mt.
- To clothe the naked: "I was...naked and you clothed me..." Mt. 25:36
- To visit the imprisoned: "I was in prison and you came to me." Mt. 25:36
- To shelter the homeless: "...I was a stranger and you took me in..." Mt. 25:35
- To visit the sick: "...I was sick and you cared for me..." Mt. 25:36
- To bury the dead: "Amen, I say to you, insofar as you did it for one of these least of my
brothers, you did it for me." Mt. 25:40
THE SPIRITUAL ACTS
- To admonish the sinner: "...there will be more joy in Heaven at the repentance of one
sinner than at ninety-nine of the righteous who had no need of repentance." Lk. 15:7
- To instruct the ignorant: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the good news to all
creation." Mk. 16:15
- To counsel the doubtful: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you...Let not your
hearts be troubled..." Jn. 14:27
- To comfort the sorrowful: "Come to me, all you grown weary and burdened, and I will refresh
you." Mt. 11:28
- To bear wrongs patiently: "...Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those
who curse you." Lk. 6:27-28
- To forgive all injuries: "And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." Mt.
- To pray for the living and the dead: "Father, I desire that they, too, may be with me where
I am..." Jn. 17:24
This site was created on December 15, 2002.
This site was last updated on June 8, 2006.
Copyright © 2002-2006 - Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii
All Rights Reserved
Background is exclusively for Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii