The Seventh Grade
- English and Spelling
- Science and Computer
- Fine Arts
- Foreign Languages
- Physical Education and Health
- Preparatory experiments in speech
- Studying the paragraph
- Writing a paragraph
- Polishing a paragraph
- Letters and the telephone
- A good citizenship club
- Living Life through books
- Prepositions, conjunctions and interjections
- The emphasis will be on composition and writing skills and will be taught along with English.
- The emphasis will be on reading literature, novels, poetry, mythology as well as drama.
- Reading comprehension skills will also be stressed.
- The emphasis will be on mastering computations with whole numbers, decimals, integers, fractions as well as percentages.
- Algebra amd trigonometry are introduced.
- The student will study biology including plants, animals, with emphasis on the human body.
- Computer science will also be discussed with emphasis on the inside of the computer.
- The student will continue Catholics in American History following the Civil War.
- Student will study the European Countries.
- History of Jesus Christ - His birth and infancy through His ascension
- How the Holy Roman Empire was established and the Church prospered under Charlemagne
- How the Empire founded by Charlemagne came to an end and how the Church survived the downfall
- How the Church flourished during the Age of Chivalry
- How the Church brought holiness and beauty into the lives of the people and fostered charity and education
- How great perils beset the Church and endangered her unity
- For the 7th grade, the student can use the Advanced Sections of the book 100 Activities. These sections teach the Profession of Faith; The Celebration of the Christian Mystery; Life in Christ and Christian Prayer.
- The Student will learn beginning Latin
- The student will learn to swim at an advance level
- 100 Activities Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church by Ellen Rossini; published by Ignatius Press
- First Communion Bible St. Joseph Edition
- Illustrated Bible History by Ignatius Schuster, D.D.; published by Tan Books
- The Story of the Church by Rev. George Johnson, Rev. Jerome D. Hannan and Sister M. Dominica; published by Tan Books
- Voyages in English 7 by Rev. Paul E. Campbell and Sr. Mary Donatus Macnickle; published by Loyola University Press
Reading and Literatue
- The Catholic Vision Book Series
- The Cat Who Went to Heaven by Elizabeth Coatsworth
- Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank and Ernestine Gilbreth
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Goodbye Mr. Chips by James Hilton
- Holes by Louis Sacher
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Rascal by Sterling North
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Vernes
These are books that our son has either read or books that I have personally read. Please feel free to suggest more books for our list.
This site was created on April 12, 2003 and updated on June 8, 2006.
Copyright © 2002-2006 - Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii
All Rights Reserved
Background is exclusively for Catholic Homeschooling in Hawaii