Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Making Sure She Knows
by Katie
Disclaimer: Not mine. Spoilers for everything but the first three eps (which I didn1t see *sigh*). Major spoilers for 3 The Depths2.

< } * { >


" You care too much, which is why Megan is lucky to have you as a sister, like I am to have you as a partner."

Not words I'd normally find myself saying, I have to admit. Flowery words of affection are used only by poets and as a tool to get lucky. I'm not a poet, and I have a thing against raising a girl's hopes up by telling her I love her when I don't. If all you want is sex, find a hot girl who wants the same thing. Plenty of them out there.

But this is different. This is Kate we're talking about. Not only has she been dissed all her life for the gift that makes her important to Special Unit 2, but I was, to put it bluntly, an *** the first couple cases we worked together. Didn't want another partner. I know now that I needed one, but back then I didn't want to admit it. She stuck at it, though, typical to her pig-headed personality. She found a place where her gift was accepted, and *** -hole partner or not, she wasn't going to leave.

I really am lucky to have her. She's a great partner. She's smart as hell, has a great sense of humor, knows how to cover up for me, knows how to make things work out. She's amazing, and I want her to know that. I know what it feels like to think you're unappreciated. I never felt like my parents appreciated me, so I left first chance I got. I don't want Kate to leave. I've come to rely on her instincts and her good judgement. We've become a damn good team, if I do say so myself. She solves the case, I kick the butt. Works out beautifully. She needs to know that I think she's a great partner.

So the little words of sentiment. " You1re my partner." (hey, if it were Mulder to Scully, it would be considered a declaration of love!) " You care too much, which is why Megan is lucky to have you as a sister, like I am to have you as a partner." I'm not very good at them, but I think I'm doing pretty well. Practice makes perfect, and this is something I need to do.

Just making sure she knows.