Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Series:Future Endevers
Title: The Host
Rating: PG-13
Author: Sorceress aKa The One Called Death
Show: Angel/ Special Unit: 2
Email: Sorceress_Wing_Zero@hotmail.com
Website: http://hometown.aol.com/xxenmakonekoxx



Disclaimer: I in no way own any kind of shows


"Oh, great. Coming from someone who's never had a relationship that's never outlasted the expiration date on a gallon of milk." - Kate, responding to Nick offering romance advice to her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is the last time I listen to you." Xander had announced to his best friend as they trudged their way through the back ally's. It had been one hell of a day, and right now it wasn't any better. It had started to snow, hail and rain all at the same time. Suddenly he didn't think it was all to good to be from his home. He was on vacation, away from the daily horror that plagued his life.

"Hey, how was I supposed to know that the Kelman's got a new wooden fence?" He pulled the green hoodie around his face and tired the drawstrings tighter together.

"Why oh why do I have you as a best friend? Am I that brain-dead?" He joked at his older friend.

"Ha ha ha," The two heard a noise and turned. "What the hell was that?"

A brown cat had jumped off of a trash ca, both of the boys had breathed a sigh of relief.

"Heh, only a little kitten." He knelt down besides the cat. "Right, just a harmless cat."

As they say, famous last words. The so called cute cat's eyes had gleamed with an unknown evil. A shrill sound had been emitted from the cat. Xander ran from the ally to see the shape of the cat transform and tear his best friend to pieces.






A man was sitting in a room surrounded by cops. They kept asking him the same questions over and over. Still he answered the same, with fear in his eyes. Fear of what happened before his eyes. The cops didn't believe him. They were about ready to send him to the loony bin.

"Hey, we'd like our witness." A voice came from the doorway. The three cops that had been around the table had looked up and groaned when they saw the duo that stood there.

"You have no jurisdiction here O'Malley." Lt. Garlwell almost growled.

"Actually, we do." Kate said waving a piece of paper in his face. The frown on his face turned into a scowl.

"See, the reason we do, is well . . . you suck." Nick gloated. Whenever he had a chance to tease the normal P. D. he took it.

"Ok, Mr. Harris. You're coming with us." Kate had walked over to the young man that had been almost beaten by the frustrated cops.






"Believe me, you won't." He kept arguing with the two agents.

"Try me." Nick was starting to get annoyed. He hated the little kids who thought that they were the only people who saw these. For him it was another night on the town.

"Ok, fine. This demon was in the cat. I'm up here on vacation from a little place called Hellmouth. You know the home of all demons, ghost and all things evil? And did I also mention I kill these kind of things daily? Not to mention the fact the woman I'm marring used to be a demon. And I come here, ya know thousands of miles from where all these things *should* be! But no. . . . where ever a friend of the slayer goes anywhere, A DEMON WANTS THEM DEAD. That thing wants me gone, and now B, isn't here to help. I killed a friend of the demons, he wants revenge. And instead of waiting got me to get back home, he follows me!" He looked at the two shocked detectives. Now they'll want to send him away to a crazy ward.

"O..k. So you're telling me that you know what lin... I mean demons are? Hmm, interesting, saves us the trouble of trying to give you a story to believe. And I wouldn't want to upset Alice on her day off." Xander looked at the man standing in front of him.

"Please, don't mind my partner. Do know what this thing is?" Kate pulled up a chair next to the slightly confused Xander.

"Wait a minute . . . you guys don't think I'm crazy?" Xander was sure that they were going to start laughing.

"Why would we? We deal with these things all the time." Kate answered. "Though it took some getting used to at first. My partner loves it, cause he likes to kill things." She added with a smile.

"Yes, there's nothing like killing a big, bad and ugly thing. Brightens the day." Xander said looking at Nick he added. "Unless it's colorful blood doesn't get on you. And well most of the time, I only get to help. Oh and if I don't get to hurt."

"Good, tell us what you know about this thing that killed your friend."

"See, that's the problem. I don't know anything about that, it was friends with a vampire who we dusted." Xander saw Kate shaking her head. "Is there anything wrong?"

"I still can't get over the whole vampire thing. Creepy." She demonstrated with a shiver to prove her point.

"I can't believe you went to go blow them up without inviting me! I mean really, I was bored as it was."

"Yeah, yeah." She turned her attention back to Xander. "So you have no clue what this is?"

He shaked his head. "Not a single idea, all I know is that it can take the body of an animal. Last time it tried to attack me with a snake. And believe me, I HATE THEM! I mean why would it chose to be a snake? Of all things a slimly, little snake. . . . "

Kate interrupted Xander. "Ok, we'll have ya protected here, we'll go and try to find what this thing is." Kate got up from her chair and waited for her partner.

"Maybe I get to beat someone for information. *sigh* I love my life." With that he followed Kate out of the room, and the doors shut and sealed behind him.





It was nearing 11:30pm and the members of Special Unit:2 weren't very happy, this was the one part of the job none of them had liked. Captain Page had ordered everyone at top speed to find out about this certain link. Jonathan had been working around the clock. And since they had no real information Carl didn't know what to look for. As for what Xander had told them, the Captain wanted his own information from his people. He wasn't about to trust some kid from Cal.

"Ok people. We have to get a move on before it kills again." The Captain had directed mainly at O'Malley and Benson. "Jonathan, what do you have so far?"

"Well, it's like this. See the link that we're dealing with is one major baddie. It'll take the form of an animal only, get this, because of the size of the brain. It's not able to control a human, but it's tags along with other links. Only when that other link is killed, it has no more free ride." He said shaking his head while he talked.

"So when Xander and his friends killed his ride, it got pissed." Nick added in.

"More or so yes, it's vulnerable when it doesn't have link host to carry it around." He handed the Captain a piece of paper. "That's what it looks like, and it's called a truling. And it has a very high amount of acid on and in it's body. It's very interesting, the cells in it's decay in a matter that allows the cells. . ."

"Jonathan, that's enough." The Captain stopped Jonathan from going into more detail then the rest of the group needed, or rather wanted to know. It scared him sometimes how Jonathan got like this over a link.

"Heh, yeah sorry. The point was that we could a flammable ammo to destroy the link." He finished by folding his arms over his chest. "Maybe if we used a tracer that was able to track the acidify of the link we could find it.

"Good, Carl I want you out on the street to get information on where this thing is. Now get to work everyone. I want this case done by the end of the week. So no slacking off! Get to work. "

"Why do I have to do this? I am not a public servant! And all you humans do is whine, and when you guys want something done . . . get the gnome!" Carl grumbled as he walked over to his desk.

Nick just grinned and pulled something from his desk. He pulled went through the case file and pulled out a picture. "Does this ring a bell?" On the picture was him with his ear close to a vault with a banker tied up to the side.

"I have no clue what this is." He said trying to get to picture. Nick pulled it away and laughed.

"Nick, ca'mon we got a crime scene to go to." Kate said walking in between the two.

"Fine, we're taking my car." He jumped off the desk and followed his partner.

Carl glared at the direction that the two had gone. He looked back to the phone and shrugged. "Yea, Davey? It's Carl." A clicking noise was heard from the other line. "No, that was Cindy, Tammy was the one with the green spots. . . . . I know wasn't she?… No! I guess she just liked mine better . . . ." A bell noise was heard and Carl sighed. "Why won't anyone fix this damn thing? It keep's hanging up on me!" He shook his head and started to dial another number.

~End Part One~