Diary-The Brothers
by Katie
Disclaimer: Not mine.

> * < * > * <


Well Annie, looks like you've won. I'm actually starting a diary.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Got ourselves a newbie. Officer Kate Benson, the chic who's photos of that Lochness Monster wanna-be Link I destroyed. Special Unit 2's had an eye on her for awhile now, and not just because she's cute. She doesn't look away when she sees something that doesn't conform. She's tenacious, and she's got talent. The current captain was trying to get her locked up in the looney bin. Same idiot I suffered under. Probably resents the fact that she's got more talent in her little pinkie than he had in his prime. Asshole.

I don't know what you'd think of her, Annie. She's perceptive. It's creepy. She focuses those baby blues on you, and it's like she can see right into your soul. She reads emotions like most people read books. She has a little trouble reading me, I think, but first impressions are hard to overcome, and her first impression of me was a glib, trigger-happy pretty boy. All of which are true, except the pretty boy part. But she reads me better than most. With a little time, she'll probably know me better than you did. And she's steady, Annie, really steady. She wouldn't do like us and rush headlong into trouble, trusting our guns and damned luck to get us out. She's big on motives and stuff. Profiler stuff. Wonder what she'd think if she knew that when you and I were partners, I was the levelheaded thinker. Probably wouldn't believe it. Hell, I can hardly believe it! I was never any good at that cool head stuff, and I like it that way. Having a reputation for being a hothead gives me an excuse for killing gargoyles with a smile on my face (which, incidently, is how I meet Kate).

Anyway, enough of the newbie stuff. Time for more interesting things, such as how we stopped a gargoyle invasion and saved twelve peoples' lives. Got to kill three gargoyles, as well as destroy their entire nest. Times like that remind me just why I love this job. Caught a gargoyle who relied on his big brother to save his butt (thanks to Kate's good thinking and Carl's contacts), shrunk him until he gave a location, then went to that location. It was an old police station, a hoax. I shot the gargoyle who tricked us. Kate tried to get me to leave, but I took my time, and got myself kidnapped by a gargoyle. I know, smart of me, wasn't it? So I find myself tied up with the other twelve victims, and then the older brother of the gargoyle I killed started ranting and raving to me about how much better gargoyles were than humans, and how dumb humans were, ect., ect. The egg next to me started hatching, and I used the claw that came out to undo my ties. Got my butt kicked by the gargoyle, I hate to say, but then Kate came and saved the day. I don't know how she found me, but she did, and tossed me a gun, which I gladly used on the beast. The rest of the calvary then arrived, and as she set the little girl who was kidnapped right in front of her eyes, she told me something like, "Who says there's no such thing as heroes?" Retaliation for my earlier comment about no such thing as heroes when I told her about you. Reluctantly, mind you. She's so honest. She told me about her life, and I had to give her something in response.

She's now my permanent partner, or as permanent as anything is in Special Unit 2. Should be interesting.


~Nick

 
Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!