Important guitar parts
- Capacitor - connected to Pots. for different tones
- Mounting rings - for humbucking pickups to sit in body
- Jacks - This is where the guitar cord connects to
- Knobs - To put over the pots. Volume indications
- Tuning keys - Keys at the end of the guitar for tuning.
- Switches - For switching to different pickups on the guitar
- Nuts - To hold strings in place at end of neck
- Strap holders - To hold strap in place
- Potentiometers/Pots. - Volume/tone control
- Pickup covers - If you plan on making your own pickup
Building a pickup
Pickups ofcourse are extremely important also. These are what picks up the strings vibes/sound to allow the guitar amplification. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Also another important part is the Truss rod. This goes in the middle of the guitar neck to strengthen it. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Most important of all is the wood for the body/neck. My favorite wood for a guitar is mahogany.